Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

jskins11

1 minute ago, max21 said:

I wonder realistically when they will announce the name? During this season? Afterwards? I Wonder what makes the most sense 

It depends on how long they will do the insight phase.  They had the submission phase open from August 2020 to April 2021.  That's 8 months. If the Insight phase will take the same amount of time, maybe they won't announce the name until January 2022.

1 hour ago, DCdangerous said:

It depends on how long they will do the insight phase.  They had the submission phase open from August 2020 to April 2021.  That's 8 months. If the Insight phase will take the same amount of time, maybe they won't announce the name until January 2022.

The sooner the better,  I'm tired of refreshing web pages/Twitter 😳

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can't think of any reason folks would like Red Wolves, other than its the closest to the name Redskins, and you could remix the fight song to that name.  Otherwise, it seems like a silly name to me.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It just comes off as a cheap replacement for Redskins.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, max21 said:

I wonder realistically when they will announce the name? During this season? Afterwards? I Wonder what makes the most sense 

Gonna have to be after the season most likely. Can't image anyone gutting their own merch sales mid season.

Once you know the name, you will stop buying the current and outdated gear. Does not make sense to launch the new name until you can get the new kits into people's hands within a reasonable timeframe and that is not gonna happen mid-season when you are still flush with WFT gear.

You want people to buy like crazy at launch and show it off, making others buy. Not wait 3 months for a pre-order. Almost no way we see new merch mid-season

On 4/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, zskins said:

I think Washington Vampires could work too. :)

Oh wait how about Washington Womp Rats! I love me some Star Wars reference for my team name. :D

I would definitely be down with Washington Wharf Rats. I’d buy the hat, the shirt, the jersey, and the sticker. Best name yet. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:24 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can't think of any reason folks would like Red Wolves, other than its the closest to the name Redskins, and you could remix the fight song to that name.  Otherwise, it seems like a silly name to me.

How do you feel about just Wolves? I used to like Red Wolves, now I don’t care for any Red in the name. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Wayne_Millner said:

I would definitely be down with Washington Wharf Rats. I’d buy the hat, the shirt, the jersey, and the sticker. Best name yet. 

No Pins?

073c5a6bb2d2140b3a51dc87dc36dc72.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, max21 said:
12 hours ago, Wayne_Millner said:

If this happens my August West jersey will be on order within minutes

Edited by DJD2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pcspores said:

I keep getting the feeling that they have already decided on a name and are currently using it in plain sight?  Washington Journey...

Hope not! 😬💩

4 hours ago, pcspores said:

I keep getting the feeling that they have already decided on a name and are currently using it in plain sight?  Washington Journey...

Sounds like a WNBA team name. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:27 AM, pcspores said:

Ugh. Gonna have Steve Perry’s profile on the helmet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So I just took the season ticket member survey and it had some interesting choices for the name narrowed down to about 7. I believe they were the DCFC, Griffins, Warriors, Commanders, Rising, Renegades,Rubies. It could be the final list to choose from. All started with Washington of course. 

Edited by eorndorff

36 minutes ago, eorndorff said:

So I just took the season ticket member survey and it had some interesting choices for the name narrowed down to about 7. I believe they were the DCFC,Griffins, Generals, Warriors, Commanders, Rising, Renegades,Rubies. It could be the final list to choose from. 

Which one did you choose ?

Interesting that Griffins is on the list considering J. Wright has already eliminated anything like that.

43 minutes ago, eorndorff said:

So I just took the season ticket member survey and it had some interesting choices for the name narrowed down to about 7. I believe they were the DCFC,Griffins, Generals, Warriors, Commanders, Rising, Renegades,Rubies. It could be the final list to choose from. 

Imagine after all this, and we're called the "Washington Rubies". 

10 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Which one did you choose ?

Interesting that Griffins is on the list considering J. Wright has already eliminated anything like that.

I picked higher ratings on the rising, renegades, and Warriors. You had to go thru a long process of rating aspects of each name. 

Edited by eorndorff