Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

jskins11

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

so if we know that already, why not just name them Wolves?  Why do we need a shorthand name when we can already see what most are going to do.  

“I’m going to the Wolves vs. Eagles game on Sunday wanna go?”

Sounds fitting.  One word name, and a tough one at that.  There are no Wolves or Warriors in the NFL.

You show me a button that lets me lock in the Wolves name right now, I show you the crater where that button used to be. 

Its a fantastic name and I'd love it. I can see the business angle pulling in that direction over Redwolves.

Its just my personal preference, if given a choice, I'd go RW.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It’s  a fantastic name and I'd love it. I can see the business angle pulling in that direction over Redwolves.

I am trying to look at this issue not just as a fan but also from that perspective.  I really care what happens to the organization.  After years of abuse I’m ready to just have a name that brings zero criticism or controversy.  I don’t want anything that sounds like or similar to Redskins.  I want a clean break. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

Check out this ranking poll I made. You can rank all 16 name choices to get more well rounded results. Share this with all fans even non-Redwolves fans. Just for more fair results. 

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/nrfedt/favorite-washington-nfl-name 

Good deal, have you taken this beyond extremeskins to other social media platforms? 

5 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

Check out this ranking poll I made. You can rank all 16 name choices to get more well rounded results. Share this with all fans even non-Redwolves fans. Just for more fair results. 

Love the effort, but polls where you can vote as many times as you want w/ little hassle are too easy to cheese. Can't take the results too seriously when one guy w/ too much time on his hands can horrifically alter the results.

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Love the effort, but polls where you can vote as many times as you want w/ little hassle are too easy to cheese. Can't take the results too seriously when one guy w/ too much time on his hands can horrifically alter the results.

You can’t vote more than once unless you log in on another device.  I think the poll is revealing some interesting results.  

RedWolves, Red Wolves, Redwolves has the most number 1 votes, Warriors has the 2nd most...but Warriors consistently places higher in the top 5 of the 16 options more than any other name.

I think the poll is revealing that the people who really like Redwolves are many, but Redwolves is definitely not nearly as popular with people who don’t make it their first choice or 2nd choice.  

1 hour ago, Painkiller said:

You can’t vote more than once unless you log in on another device.  I think the poll is revealing some interesting results.  

RedWolves, Red Wolves, Redwolves has the most number 1 votes, Warriors has the 2nd most...but Warriors consistently places higher in the top 5 of the 16 options more than any other name.

I think the poll is revealing that the people who really like Redwolves are many, but Redwolves is definitely not nearly as popular with people who don’t make it their first choice or 2nd choice.  

No Bro, you can vote more than once very easily w/ basic computer knowledge

I voted back when this poll had 140 voters. Redwolves was on top in both #1 votes and avg slot. By alot in fact. Followed by Wolves in 2nd.

The poll has since gathered some more votes, but the problem is someone blew up the results.

You can download every persons voting order in an excel file on the results page, and see how everyone weighted everything.

In that data you can see voter 200-240 with the exception of a couple few, is the exact same weighting order with Warriors in 1st and Redwolves in last. Not just first and last being the same, but every potential name down the line being the same. That is 16 entrants, all ranked in the same order, in a row, 40 times. That is not a coincidence. That surge by itself is more than enough to alter a poll designed in this manner. when it only has 240 entrants

At this point all this poll shows is

1- a guy out there with too much time on their hands

2- the guy didn't know to scramble his order so it was not so blatantly obvious that they were altering the results w/ phony hit spams.

When the poll was pure, it was just another display of Redwolves overwhelming fan sentiment in both weighted avg and #1 ranking, and it would be again if you ignore those 40 identical entrants that is clearly spam.

That's why you cant put stock into polls that let you spam, and only have a handful of entrants. If this was a million strong, it would be a good bit harder to alter, but at just over 200, its child's play.

Edited by FootballZombie

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

No Bro, you can vote more than once very easily w/ basic computer knowledge

I voted back when this poll had 140 voters. Redwolves was on top in both #1 votes and avg slot. By alot in fact. Followed by Wolves in 2nd.

The poll has since gathered some more votes, but the problem is someone blew up the results.

You can download every persons voting order in an excel file on the results page, and see how everyone weighted everything.

In that data you can see voter 200-240 with the exception of a couple few, is the exact same weighting order with Warriors in 1st and Redwolves in last. Not just first and last being the same, but every potential name down the line being the same. That is 16 entrants, all ranked in the same order, in a row, 40 times. That is not a coincidence. That surge by itself is more than enough to alter a poll designed in this manner. when it only has 240 entrants

At this point all this poll shows is

1- a guy out there with too much time on their hands

2- the guy didn't know to scramble his order so it was not so blatantly obvious that they were altering the results w/ phony hit spams.

When the poll was pure, it was just another display of Redwolves overwhelming fan sentiment in both weighted avg and #1 ranking, and it would be again if you ignore those 40 identical entrants that is clearly spam.

That's why you cant put stock into polls that let you spam, and only have a handful of entrants. If this was a million strong, it would be a good bit harder to alter, but at just over 200, its child's play.

I don’t know if one of you guys are just trying to make a point, or are psychic, but I had to shut down the results because the poll was hacked. 

Results BEFORE the hack (200 responders six hours ago)

Results AFTER the hack (857 responders now)

If you want you can share the results screenshot before the hack but I think this is proof that Redwolves fan are not the ones who would spam a poll, WFT/WFC fans are. 

This is really upsetting. 

B860BE15-634D-4AFE-B60C-486BC19C35A0.jpeg

D5437B87-A399-4A61-A446-70A2DE7C1E22.png

A20859A5-A912-466F-A81E-90C25EB02C74.png

D9E6D1FA-496C-4534-8749-FB38556A87A0.png

5CDABEC3-C435-4BE4-A2C9-C94B437EBC9C.png

1 hour ago, DCdangerous said:

Don't feel bad, happens all the time w/ polls like that, just saw it coming a mile away is all.

At least the end hack result makes for a good April Fools Joke. The only other time we will ever see WFT win a poll is when its the only option.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

In note I wrote Painkiller can suck it and I made Warriors last.

I hope this wasn't real. :ols:

Of course you did.  However, I am one person.  Warriors fans are many, but apparently not as many as Football Team.  

😆

• Haha 1

Good news! I can export the CSV file of my rank poll! So I open the csv, delete the spam votes, and made my own bar graph and rank average.

(out of 223 responders)
So feel free to keep voting on the poll. I will submit the final graph and results when the poll expires on April 5th

Edited by DCdangerous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Snyder wants it to be WFT, that's why the team keeps bringing it up. I wouldn't put it past a guy that allegedly puts out bots/fake accounts to pump up favorable news stories about himself, to also have a hand in having people out there throw polls towards that ridiculous name. I truly believe they're going to pretend there was a huge backing for that name over any other, and pick it.

4 minutes ago, DCF said:

Snyder wants it to be WFT, that's why the team keeps bringing it up. I wouldn't put it past a guy that allegedly puts out bots/fake accounts to pump up favorable news stories about himself, to also have a hand in having people out there throw polls towards that ridiculous name. I truly believe they're going to pretend there was a huge backing for that name over any other, and pick it.

I don't buy it.  That's unique in a bad way, we would be endlessly mocked by it

• Like 1