Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

3 hours ago, zskins said:

The Pain Killers - gallon of Vodka and rum on game day. 

Delicious dark rum, coco Lopez, orange and pineapple juices, float some 151 and sprinkle fresh grated nutmeg on top? Wonderful. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Man, this guy was such a good hire, a phenomenal hire actually. 

Ron and Jason have truly helped change the image of the team in a very short time. We haven't heard this much optimism around the league since Gibbs II. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 5

Just go minimalist old school and be "Washington"

Skip the mascots and plush toys and all the other crap

Let Ron rock on and start beatin the hell outta teams, that will be enough

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Smoot always cracks me up. I mean dude is funny as hell. He also knows football. Deeply. When he was on Keim's podcast recently, he convinced me to side with the Red Wolves name, so sign me up!

• Like 2

I'm in the anything but "Football Team" camp. I don't care if it is a random animal like almost all the rest of the league has, or if it is something with a DC tie...just not Football Team or Club. 

That is the generic team name setting on the Create A Team in Madden.

• Like 2

I really like Spearfeather's suggestion above (that would be the perfect F You) but would be happy enough with Warriors or Wolves. They are a bit generic but other than something like Were-wolves or Dire-wolves I am not sure how you dress them up more. Senators has a neat local twist to it but I'm not too keen on that as a name.

• Like 1

Well, it's clear on Facebook Redwolves, Red Wolves is the most popular choice.  I just don't understand why though.  To me it just doesn't sound right.  I just don't see an NFL team name as Red Wolves.  Like I've said before it's juvenile...and it appears that it's exactly what I said it is for people and that's why they want to keep it.  The most common reasons given for choosing that name...  

You can keep the HTTR acronym.  You can howl when they score...and it kind of sounds like Redskins.  

For me, you just don't rebrand a multi-billion dollar organization for those reasons.  Wolves I can understand.  Wolves by itself is a good name.  Wolves is a random animal, but it does mesh with the other team names in the NFL.  There are a million ways to market Warriors within the Nation's Capital.  

Edited by Painkiller
  • Like 2

List of my preferences:

1. Redwolves/Wolves

2. Warriors

3. The litany of idiotic, non-sensical ideas bandied around Twitter, Facebook, etc.

4. The team moves

5. Snyder is named Commissioner

6. Sndyer is elected President

7. Snyder assumes the role of the first Jewish Pope

8. NFL Folding (probably due to #5).

9. Keeping WFT.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

List of my preferences:

1. Redwolves/Wolves

2. Warriors

3. The litany of idiotic, non-sensical ideas bandied around Twitter, Facebook, etc.

3,343. Keeping WFT.

Adjusted slightly.  Reverse #1 and #2 and we are on the same page.  

• Like 1

For me, it’s sucked to lose Redskins.  For a diehard like myself it’s like losing a part of your identity.    

...but what would make this change even worse is choosing a name that’s sounds silly or ridiculous for the NFL and turns us into a laughing stock.  I don’t want a name that is easily made fun of or sets us up for further ridicule.  

25 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

For me, it’s sucked to lose Redskins.

Me too--and it's funny how everyone praised Fred Smith and the minority partners for being so "open minded" and <insert virtue signaling term here> when threatened to pull the sponsorships etc. when all they were doing was trying to piss Snyder off. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Me too--and it's funny how everyone praised Fred Smith and the minority partners for being so "open minded" and <insert virtue signaling term here> when threatened to pull the sponsorships etc. when all they were doing was trying to piss Snyder off. 

Unfortunately, it did have to go though.  At some point it was going away.  The controversy was never going to end. 

I'm just scared that they go with something silly.  I don't want to trade the most controversial name in the NFL for the most ridiculous one. 

10 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I don't want to trade the most controversial name in the NFL for the most ridiculous one. 

Most nicknames are fairly ridiculous. What do the Panthers have to do with Carolina? Jaguars and Jacksonville? Titans and Tennessee? At least Redwolves is creative and different

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Most nicknames are fairly ridiculous. What do the Panthers have to do with Carolina? Jaguars and Jacksonville? Titans and Tennessee? At least Redwolves is creative and different

Silverpanthers

Blackjaguars

Lightbluetitans

Honestly I’d rather go with Wolves for the name, with a tough looking emblem, and  then create a docile Wolf mascot for the kiddies named “Red Wolf.” Hey kids get your picture with Red Wolf.

Just don’t name the team Redwolves.  

• Like 1