Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

2 hours ago, TK said:

They always run in a single line to hide their numbers....

I think a Tauntaun is more versatile though. The Washington Tauntauns. :)

• Like 1

Hail to the Warriors, Hail Victory

The brave marching forward, fight for ALL D.C.

You could also do one of these instead of marching forward...pressing onward, moving forward, pushing forward. 

You substitute “old” for “all” to illustrate the new inclusive brand.  We are not old we are new and not looking back.   

13 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Hard to know until it happens, but I'd have sizable concerns about having a new fight song with the exact cadence as the old one. How many people in the stands would sing the old song, rather than the new one, regardless of what is displayed on the jumbotron. Something like that can effect the integration and acceptance of a new moniker. It is a hard enough task to push a new brand, I'm not sure it is wise to build self-imposed obstacles.

While I am all for the continuations of old practices, I think it warrants considering using them in new ways and not just mimicking the old. Part of that may be a fight song w/ an altered cadence, even if it uses many of the same words.

I gave stuff like this a lot of thought when I sent my proposal to the team for Redwolves way back when it all started. How they could re integrate existing traditions in new ways, and adapt other practices to increase the fan experience.

-I think a lot of people would appreciate a Marching band half-time show. We already did it before games, so I don't think it would be much of a stretch.

-Doing something to their instruments, or giving them something really distracting during opponents field goals could be a fun diversion for the crowd. If you get creative enough, I can bet that will spread across social media.

-Using the dog mascot for a cheerleader and puppies calendar to co-release alongside the swimsuit calender would have been great for the female market, but that idea has gone belly up. But the introduction of a dance squad follows this line of thinking pretty well.

-Having an actual mascot running around (Alpha wolf or somethin) would bring an element we sorely lack that other teams have been employing for years. Great for kids

-Take advantage of having a dog mascot with a social media campaign that features a player/coaches pet every week and runs loops of fan's pets in wolves gear during downtime in games. Heavily associate yourselves with domestic animals. Much easier to do with a dog mascot. Much like getting a guy through his stomach, you can get a fan thru their pet. Once their little buddy is rocking team gear, you have locked in a fan for life.

Long story short I think we need to keep a lot of our traditions, but change their implementation alongside new practices.

• Like 1

@Football Zombie I think the same melody maybe with new instrumentation could be a way to keep the fight song.  I think people will get on board with whatever traditions they try to implement with the new brand as long as it is respectful and doesn’t come off as corny. The fight song lyrics have been changed in the past and they could be changed again.  Only the most stubborn will continue to sing the old lyrics and as time goes on they will fade just like “Dixie” did from the fight song.  Eventually the new lyrics will be so entrenched it will seem like it was always that way.  There will be a transition, but I firmly believe people’s anger over the change and the urge to fight it will start to diminish in the years to come.    

• Like 2
4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Looks like we're the Washington Tuscan Raiders moving forward. For short, we'll just be the Washington Raiders. What could possibly stop that from happening?!

Look. If Vegas wants to play in a giant Roomba, let em. They both suck anyways. :)

Meanwhile, Emperor Dan, after crushing the Senate Minority owners, has started construction on his new, more powerful stadium....

admM6m.jpg

• Haha 6

The Rays already play in the death star stadium, that's going to be tough for Dan to compete with. (this field is the biggest piece of crap in all of sports btw)

image.png.b0e42f576a343e399d59e47000f88031.png

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Which you think caring about puts you in this group "the tantrums of the environmentalists, PETA, and 1000 Karens?"

The sale of Ivory from deceased Elephants could buy more Rangers and preserves. But common sense doesn't seem to hit that crowd out to protect the cute ones. They don't grasp the concept that nature is a **** and that natural death of wild animals usually involves starvation or being eaten by a prey animal. They live in a world where meat comes freshly packaged in a grocery store and feed their dogs premium slaughter leftovers. Some of them can't grasp the fact that their dog and cat food is yet another dead animal. And I don't really want those Karens freaking out over a helmet logo. So yeah.. I'd prefer a tantrum free mascot

• Haha 2
On 3/24/2021 at 12:15 PM, Painkiller said:

I think the organization (and fans) must accept the fact that they have to break away from the name and traditions of the past, with only the colors remaining.  If the colors remain, they could pick a toaster for a mascot (I'm not saying they should do this, lol) and people would still recognize them as the burgundy and gold.  The colors make this the same team. 

but this team needs a name.  Football team is not a name, it's what they are.

Washington Burgundy & Gold has a nice ring to it 

11 hours ago, bowhunter said:

The sale of Ivory from deceased Elephants could buy more Rangers and preserves. But common sense doesn't seem to hit that crowd out to protect the cute ones. They don't grasp the concept that nature is a **** and that natural death of wild animals usually involves starvation or being eaten by a prey animal. They live in a world where meat comes freshly packaged in a grocery store and feed their dogs premium slaughter leftovers. Some of them can't grasp the fact that their dog and cat food is yet another dead animal. And I don't really want those Karens freaking out over a helmet logo. So yeah.. I'd prefer a tantrum free mascot

I'm old, so humor me.. Who are these "Karens" I hear about all the time?

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I only did one. The Pain killers.

The Pain Killers - gallon of Vodka and rum on game day. 

Edited by zskins
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Painkiller said:

The Washington BeeGees.  The new coed  cheer group can wear outfits that look like these. 

Now that’s forward thinking. I love it. 

Edited by ddub52