Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

48 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

What does everyone think of "Washington Tuskers"?

Mascot can be a Boar or an Elephant and it allows us to keep WFT (or even WTF if we wanted lol)

It's unique too, at least I think, and not too wild or out there.

And unleash the tantrums of the environmentalists, PETA, and 1000 Karens? The Bullets  got canned bc it wasn't PC back before PC even existed. I don't see the name "Tuskers" making it through the preliminaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Mammoths is not bad, I'd just don't like that I cant find a suitable way to shorten it.

Skins, Caps, Wiz, Nats, Os.... what is short for Mammoths? Its gotta be one syllable. Gotta call em the Mams? Eww

Also there is the real danger that you can phone in the logo

WM.jpg.37bf8344e1ebe42c68187d4aa10f0627.jpg

Am I too late to get onboard the moth meme train? - Album on Imgur

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Mammoths is not bad, I'd just don't like that I cant find a suitable way to shorten it.

Skins, Caps, Wiz, Nats, Os.... what is short for Mammoths? Its gotta be one syllable. Gotta call em the Mams? Eww

Also there is the real danger that you can phone in the logo

WM.jpg.37bf8344e1ebe42c68187d4aa10f0627.jpg

Maths? I dunno lol. The group in charge of the project don't seen to be that incompetent, that would be awfully lazy.

16 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

And unleash the tantrums of the environmentalists, PETA, and 1000 Karens? The Bullets  got canned bc it wasn't PC back before PC even existed. I don't see the name "Tuskers" making it through the preliminaries.

Does it mean something more than I think it does? All I saw was that it meant "a Boar or an Elephant with well defined tusks"

Must be what they're called when they're hunted. I get my food from the grocery store, I don't know this ****. 

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You're the one trying to shorten Mammoth to something usable.

That's the point, its problematic. I don't see a good option

Moths

Mams

3Ms

Ms

Maths

Pudgy Pugilistic Pachyderms

No good options that I can come up with

While Mammoths is a cool name, suitable for an NFL team, there are no good shortening options and that bugs me. Hard to put it on the high end of my personal list

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That's the point, its problematic. I don't see a good option

Moths

Mams

3Ms

Ms

Maths

Pudgy Pugilistic Pachyderms

No good options that I can come up with

While Mammoths is a cool name, suitable for an NFL team, there are no good shortening options and that bugs me. Hard to put it on the high end of my personal list

Well, I mean we already have Nats. Moths seems like an appropriate addition. Plus, dust butterflies are way cooler. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Does it mean something more than I think it does?

If your focusing on the product, your not focusing on the animal and that can be skewed negatively pretty easily by certain groups. If your gonna use an animal moscot, name your team after the animal, not the product of the animal (especially one that usually causes death of the animal)

If you call your team the ivory, and you mascot is a rhino or elly, your kinda implying the ivory trade rather than the animal.

If you call your team the antlers, and your mascot is a deer, same kinda deal.

Might as well call your team the fur coats with a mink mascot.

Worst of all if your team name is mountain oysters and you have a goat mascot. Asking for a world of pain

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Does it mean something more than I think it does? All I saw was that it meant "a Boar or an Elephant with well defined tusks"

Must be what they're called when they're hunted. I get my food from the grocery store, I don't know this ****. 

I think at first blush it conjours up thoughts of the Ivory Trade.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If your focusing on the product, your not focusing on the animal and that can be skewed negatively pretty easily by certain groups. If your gonna use an animal moscot, name your team after the animal, not the product of the animal (especially one that usually causes death of the animal)

If you call your team the ivory, and you mascot is a rhino or elly, your kinda implying the ivory trade rather than the animal.

If you call your team the antlers, and your mascot is a deer, same kinda deal.

Might as well call your team the fur coats with a mink mascot.

Worst of all if your team name is mountain oysters and you have a goat mascot. Asking for a world of pain

I can see how it can be skewed in that direction now, I wasn't really thinking about hunting them or the ivory trade. I also don't look for ways to get offended either though, it's just not how I'm wired. 

I was just looking up different options other than Hogs and that one popped up. Razorbacks is cool... im kind of wondering if that one would fly these days.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

I doodled this about an hour ago. I think I have decent creativity but no talent in art to put it to use lol. Washington Mammoths. What do you all think? The W and M can actually make a mammoth look.

20210324_215211 (1).jpg

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I think at first blush it conjours up thoughts of the Ivory Trade.

Which you think caring about puts you in this group "the tantrums of the environmentalists, PETA, and 1000 Karens?"

What is wrong with you guys? The name doesn't strike fear into opponents, the actual team does. They could be called the Washington ****willows, if they're 12-4, teams won't play them like they're ****willows. Hell, they could be called the Washington Decimators, but if they're 3-13, the name won't matter. The history of the team, comes from the history of the team, not the name.

Look at TCU. One of the best looking uniforms, Horny Toads? You don't see the UC SC Banana Slugs letting it stop them.

BTW both of those and the Pelicans is better than the Wizards, :ols: 

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I doodled this about an hour ago. I think I have decent creativity but no talent in art to put it to use lol. Washington Mammoths. What do you all think? The W and M can actually make a mammoth look.

20210324_215211 (1).jpg

All smoked up watching marble racing, playing with crayons :ols: 

• Haha 2

Some of you have names that are just as bad as some of my schtick nicknames. These are horrendous :ols:

At this point I’d rather be called the Football Team than Mammoths, Moths, Mercury, Mastadons, Mistletoes and whatever name like that :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some of you have names that are just as bad as some of my schtick nicknames. These are horrendous :ols:

At this point I’d rather be called the Football Team than Mammoths, Moths, Mercury, Mastadons, Mistletoes and whatever name like that :ols:

You must not have seen BYs crayon drawing. It's pretty cool.

• Thanks 2
21 hours ago, Painkiller said:

If that is true than why did we fight so hard to keep Redskins?  If it wasn't a big deal, and we aren't 8 years old.  

I think because the Redskins were more than a name. The nickname was more of a beloved identity to their lifelong fans. An extended family. It wasn't that the particular nickname was all that important by itself, it was that it was who we were.  I was known on some level as the Redskins fan. A small part of who I was.  That being stripped away now makes a nickname pointless. So having a nickname was not what fans wanted to hold on to, it was their identity they wanted to hold on to.  That's why I don't think we need a new nickname. We are Washington football.  So that beautiful phrase "Touchdown, Washington Redskins!", can be "Touchdown, Washington!"   

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

20210324_215211 (1).jpg

55 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You must not have seen BYs crayon drawing. It's pretty cool.

It’s a good effort for sure but reminds me of the female reproductive system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

What does everyone think of "Washington Tuskers"?

Tusken-Raiders-in-The-Mandalorian-Season

They always run in a single line to hide their numbers....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I think because the Redskins were more than a name. The nickname was more of a beloved identity to their lifelong fans. An extended family. It wasn't that the particular nickname was all that important by itself, it was that it was who we were.  I was known on some level as the Redskins fan. A small part of who I was.  That being stripped away now makes a nickname pointless. So having a nickname was not what fans wanted to hold on to, it was their identity they wanted to hold on to.  That's why I don't think we need a new nickname. We are Washington football.  So that beautiful phrase "Touchdown, Washington Redskins!", can be "Touchdown, Washington!"   

Yes, exactly. After having the same nickname for your whole lifetime, and then losing it, the idea of a new name is not that important or appealing to you.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TK said:

Tusken-Raiders-in-The-Mandalorian-Season

They always run in a single line to hide their numbers....

Looks like we're the Washington Tuscan Raiders moving forward. For short, we'll just be the Washington Raiders. What could possibly stop that from happening?!

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Yes, exactly. After having the same nickname for your whole lifetime, and then losing it, the idea of a new name is not that important or appealing to you.

@Fat Stupid Loser @Spearfeather

Look, I understand that identity part of it, I really do.  I was proud all my life to identity as a Redskins fan.  You should see my basement.  However, what I also understand is the winds of change have come.  I have a 9 year old son that I’m raising to be a fan of this team.  I want him and his generation to be able to enjoy the same kind of identity for the new brand that we enjoyed for Redskins.  Leaving the name Washington Football Team, especially as the years go by will always bring the question “why don’t they have a real name?”  Which leads to a discussion of the old name.  I want this issue put to rest for all time and left in the past.  You only get that with a true name that people can start to identify with and build memories around.  Our generation is going to have the hardest time adjusting but the time will come in 10 or 20 years where when you think of Washington Football all you think about is the new brand.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1