Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

50 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The Warriors movie sucked. It always has. The come out to play thing wasn’t ever good. 

TSO has asked about passing a new rule that would allow us to ban for this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
49 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You've said Red and Wolves can be linked to NAs too easily and then come in with "shooting arrows at Eagles"(You apparently hate america now too lol) and "spearing cowboys?" :ols: 

You're a mess. Just get on the Wolves train would ya? It's nice and warm in the Den brother. :D

I didn’t say Red can can be linked to Native Americans too easily, I said Red anything in the name can be linked to the old name too easily.  Red Wolf was a Native American marvel character.  The mere revelation of that fact means I would steer totally clear of that name.     

...and I will crawl in the den as long as the den has nondescript Wolves therein.  

😄  

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

TSO has asked about passing a new rule that would allow us to ban for this

ban the warriors play thing? 

Ah... ok. Disregard. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Haha 1

Still one of my favorite ones, even though I’m not the biggest on the Redwolves bandwagon anymore. Still doubt they would use anything that was used by the old name/logo. Clean look though, just hope they don’t make it look like an XFL team  

03B8AF9D-F939-4927-85CB-64961F97219B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/jason-wright-washington-football-team-could-remain-permanent-name/amp/

Can we talk about this for a second?  Wasn't sure where to post or discuss it.... 

...but who in their right minds actually wants to KEEP this non name, name? 

This is absurd. I said it before, but if this is truly the best they can do, I'm OUT.  And I'm not kidding. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/jason-wright-washington-football-team-could-remain-permanent-name/amp/

Can we talk about this for a second?  Wasn't sure where to post or discuss it.... 

This is absurd. I said it before, but if this is truly the best they can do, I'm OUT.  And I'm not kidding. 

I think keeping it WFT may be the lazy out if they indeed decide to do that. With all the resources they should be able to easily find out that most of us are ok with WFT but definitely prefer a true nickname. 

40 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Yeah I wouldn’t mind Washington Football Club, but if they kept it WFT that would be pretty lame. 

42 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I 100 % agree with Wright's comments, and basically expressed the same thing to the team a few months ago.

It sounds like a fairly sizeable portion of the fans have said the same thing.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Makes me ****ing sick everytime he's says that stupid ****!   All they are doing is taking the easy path they don't seem to give a dam what the real fans of the team wants!!!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I find it hard to believe that even a small % of people actually like “The football team”. What kind of crazy numbers are they looking at?  What kind of an identity is that?  I’d be seriously bummed if they went that route. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

I 100 % agree with Wright's comments, and basically expressed the same thing to the team a few months ago.

It sounds like a fairly sizeable portion of the fans have said the same thing.

I think it's a bluff to make whatever is chosen more acceptable, because that is utterly terrible

Edited by carex
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I find it hard to believe that even a small % of people actually like “The football team”. What kind of crazy numbers are they looking at?  What kind of an identity is that?  I’d be seriously bummed if they went that route. 

I freakin love it. Everything from the name down to the helmet is just so gridiron old school. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, skinsfan212689 said:

I think keeping it WFT may be the lazy out if they indeed decide to do that. With all the resources they should be able to easily find out that most of us are ok with WFT but definitely prefer a true nickname. 

Being ok with it as a transitional name and being ok with it forever are not the same thing.  I utterly refuse to believe that is what this fan base wants for the long haul.  All indications are the large majority want a new nickname...even if we don’t agree on what that name should be.  For me the color scheme is continuation enough.  The colors are the tie that binds to the past.  We will always be the burgundy and gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A group of hogs is called a passel or a "team" 🤔

My last and final name submission: Washington Bullets. Make the logo a bullet train, enjoy the media ****-storm and tell them to deal with it. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Since the start of the name change early on Julie Donaldson mentioned that it was possible the name could even stay if people like it. From that point on both her and Wright have been dropping that possibility here and there. Why have they been doing that? Rebranding teams don't do that, it's widely assumed to be a temporary name. They've suggested it's something the fans may want, but while there may be a small portion that wants to keep it "Football Team" forever, there is no way even close to a majority want that name or have clamored for it on any media outlet. No, that's not it... It's the owner, he wants it. If the plan hasn't been to keep WFT all along, it's been pushed as a very strong contender by ownership, enough that the PR team is out there floating it consistently. 

Dan Snyder picked Washington Football Team originally. He likes it because it's a middle finger to anyone trying to make him change the name. He likes it because nothing replaces Redskins. He likes it because he picked it himself. In the end this teams name is going to be Washington Football Team, and he's going to make it look like it was fan sentiment that brought us there. We will all look around and ask who actually wanted to keep the name, and maybe 2 out of 10 people will say they wanted it. I'm calling it right now that this is going to be what happens.

Keeping WFT as the team name is a purposeful act of defiance against it trying to be changed, and that would be part of the names legacy forever. In 50 years someone would ask "Why is their name just WFT?" and the answer will be "Oh because it used to be offensive and they were forced to change it, but the team refused to make it anything else". Some people might find that answer acceptable, but I sure don't want that legacy in a name and don't see it as moving on. 

Personally I can't stand the name staying permanent, and I've been following the teams comments from the beginning that suggest to me Dan has been pushing hard for this to become a reality. 

Edited by DCF
spelling edit
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

It's making a decision by not making a decision.   And for all the good things that have happened on the football operations side of the house, it's the reminder that as long as little Napoleon is in charge, we'll never have proper leadership. 

Just so damn frustrating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is WFT carries baggage beyond just it being a name many find corny or embarrassing. Many people not only find it ridiculous as a name, but also see it as a refusal to move on from our previous name. It's not really a new nickname, it's a forever placeholder for what should be Redskins. It stands out as an effort to not replace our original name, and will be seen as that by most people for as long as it exists. The other issue is the team in my opinion is clearly trying to present this fan inclusive rebranding effort, while still dropping hints that it could stay WFT. When it's announced that it will stay WFT, we will know it was a farce the entire time and Dan got his name just with a fancy new "W" logo.

• Sad 1

I've been wondering also...is this simply a refusal by ownership to accept that several people maneuvered for years to trademark the most likely names, knowing this day would eventually come...and now they are due to cash in?  The piper must be paid.

Sometimes you just have to play the hand that has been dealt.  Very few wanted the change, but the change happened.  We all have to move forward or find something else to enjoy in our spare time.   If the PR team's efforts to play up "Football Team" as a legitimate possibility for their forever name are not blowing smoke, then the team refusing to commit to a new new proper nickname for our team is IMO absolutely refusing to move forward. 

For me I still believe the proof is in the pudding.  Nobody is wearing WFT gear, and to announce that name as the permanent name would go over the same way as when Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capone's empty safe on live television.  The average Washington fan, not us extremes, not the people who post incessantly on Twitter and Facebook, no way they want Washington "Football Team" as the permanent name, and this will continue to be a hot topic for discussion.  We will continue to be the butt of jokes on through the 2021 season until a proper nickname is chosen.  

The National conversation used to be "when will they finally change their name."  Now the conversation will be "when will they finally choose a name."  Personally, I want it done so we can get to accepting it and move on.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

My concern would be that we go with something worse than ‘Football Team’....which is more than possible too. Most decisions of this nature will divide wider opinion.

For me, they have two excellent options.  Warriors and Wolves.  Both are names that are fitting for an NFL team.  Both will work well in conjunction with the rest of the NFL's team names.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

For me, they have two excellent options.  Warriors and Wolves.  Both are names that are fitting for an NFL team.  Both will work well in conjunction with the rest of the NFL's team names.  

I’ve been on Warriors since the start. Personally not a fan of Wolves. Don’t know why, just not keen, but Warriors, yep I can buy into that if needs be.

• Like 3