Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

Based off of Jason Wright praising the Seattle Kraken I'm picturing a uniqe aggressive nickname tied to either the history or location of DC. Something like....I don't know.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 2/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, GhostofSparta said:

Why are we ignoring the most obvious PR win?

New name: Washington Sentinels.

New Mascot: Keanu Reeves

th?id=OIP.pLDJHQN3ty2xB_8jDRoBGQHaE8&pid

Forgetting the Keanu Reeves aspect of this, the name Sentinels isn't the worst suggestion I've heard. 

They could run out onto the field to the intro to Judas Priest's "The Sentinel" which would be pretty badass. 

• Like 4
On 2/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, Simmsy said:

I would much rather stick with WFT than get some boring name like the Warriors or some terrible name like the Penis Scrunchies or something. 

Just curious... Have you worked up any preliminary logos for the Penis Scrunchies yet? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

Just curious... Have you worked up any preliminary logos for the Penis Scrunchies yet? 

Well, I've used myself for some concept models, but they don't fit on a helmet 😃.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, OGDMV said:

As a 30 year old fan I am tied of hearing about the hogs or how we should recycle old jerseys. I think now is the time to be fresh and bold with our jerseys and at the same time honor it heritage through the color scheme and find a way to tie it back to the past but looking to the future. 

I like the name Warhawks because 1. It is a nod to the capital. 2 it's aggressive. 3. The logo ties back to that native look.

What do you all think? I'm pretty sure all the old guys are going to clown me for this.

Screenshot_20210227-091151__01.jpg

I really like this helmet but once we have eliminated all wars in the world I'm sure our name would be targeted again for obvious reasons.

10 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

They could run out onto the field to the intro to Judas Priest's "The Sentinel" which would be pretty badass. 

Well if we're going to get Metal bands involved in our song, I would like to throw Sabbath's "War Pigs" into the mix now.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

lol...I'll give it a try!!

3 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Well if we're going to get Metal bands involved in our song, I would like to throw Sabbath's "War Pigs" into the mix now.

a great one....how bout Fairies Wear Boots!!...that was my intro song when I was a stripper..."and now, center stage...Sparkles!!"

12 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

lol...I'll give it a try!!

a great one....how bout Fairies Wear Boots!!...that was my intro song when I was a stripper..."and now, center stage...Sparkles!!"

Last two lines of their most popular album. 

Smoking and tripping are all that you do

yaaaaaaaaaaay

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

Golden State owns the Warriors so that one doesn't work for me even though it has nice ring to it.  I would prefer a unique name.

I can live with anything that isn’t juvenile  and goofy when used in unison with the other teams in the NFL...so no two word mascots.  No mascot that uses a color  as the first word.  I want a name and branding that provides an aggressive vibe.

3 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I can live with anything that isn’t juvenile  and goofy when used in unison with the other teams in the NFL...so no two word mascots.  No mascot that uses a color  as the first word.  I want a name and branding that provides an aggressive vibe.

How about the Washington Red Warriorwolves?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

One of my favorites is Warthogs.  "Washington Warthogs" has a ring to it, pays tribute to The Hogs of old and is a mean, tough and ugly creature.  A warthog is a  wild pig with bristly gray skin, a large head, warty lumps on the face, and curved tusks.  Plus, a warthog is also a helicopter.  The A-10 Thunderbolt is also known as the Warthog, the 'flying gun' and the Tankbuster.   Imagine the flyover at our home Championship games!!!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, zskins said:

My first choice would be: RedDevils 

My second choice would be: RedCrabs <-- this area is famous for it's crabs :D

I liked changing everything to the Eastern Chesapeake Oysters.

14 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Has anyone thought of just changing the mascot to a redskin potato?

Quick google search says yes. 

Washington Redskins Mr. Potato Head - OnlineSports.com

• Haha 3
On 3/4/2021 at 10:59 PM, primetime441 said:

If the basketball team does not want the Bullets, let's take it and run with it.

Pretty sure one of the reasons they got rid of that name is because it was considered to be politically incorrect 

18 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

One of my favorites is Warthogs.  "Washington Warthogs" has a ring to it, pays tribute to The Hogs of old and is a mean, tough and ugly creature.  A warthog is a  wild pig with bristly gray skin, a large head, warty lumps on the face, and curved tusks.  Plus, a warthog is also a helicopter.  The A-10 Thunderbolt is also known as the Warthog, the 'flying gun' and the Tankbuster.   Imagine the flyover at our home Championship games!!!

🎶 When I was a young warthog 🎶

C4647675-9641-4503-952E-2BC84C1A3496.jpeg

• Like 1