Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

14 hours ago, carex said:

I'm not a fan of many of the names people are suggesting, but Washington Football Team Sucks

If we're not going to use a real name then we're the Washington Burgundy & Gold

Actually, I'm ok with being called The Washington Burgundy and Gold as well.

• Like 1

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know- my boss told me that one day when he was about to fire an employee.

I would rather have Washington Football Team than a lot of the names I have heard people propose.

• Like 2

As far as names that are likely, I can live with Wolves, or Warriors.

If they decide to go with a more government/DC theme, I'll throw Envoys into the mix. I haven't thought about how you would design a logo around that name, but the colors could remain the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Painkiller said:

From the article...

“saying the Red Wolves' similar name and logo would mislead the public into thinking the team is affiliated with ASU.”

Right. 2 colleges fighting over a mascot. Who give a ****? You said that Native Americans would claim it as offensive because they worship redwolves (which is racist as **** btw).

The court told them to sit down and shut the **** up. So the president is the name is available. Nobody is going to think the greatest football team on earth is the ASU redwolves anyway. We play in different leagues. 

Give it up warrior, We are the Red Wolves and you now it and it's awesome. Might as well jump on the train.

1 hour ago, redskinfan1019 said:

As far as names that are likely, I can live with Wolves, or Warriors.

If they decide to go with a more government/DC theme, I'll throw Envoys into the mix. I haven't thought about how you would design a logo around that name, but the colors could remain the same. 

I doubt it, since chevy made a grovery getter with a 5 banger and named it that.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Right. 2 colleges fighting over a mascot. Who give a ****? You said that Native Americans would claim it as offensive because they worship redwolves (which is racist as **** btw).

The court told them to sit down and shut the **** up. So the president is the name is available. Nobody is going to think the greatest football team on earth is the ASU redwolves anyway. We play in different leagues. 

Give it up warrior, We are the Red Wolves and you now it and it's awesome. Might as well jump on the train.

I doubt it, since chevy made a grovery getter with a 5 banger and named it that.

First off, Go back and read what I said again about the Redwolves.  Then go back and read it again.  Then one more time for good measure.  Give your best effort to comprehend it...then go back and read it a 4th time.  I didn’t say they “worship” Redwolves.  I said if there was a chance it could cause offense because the animal is sacred to them then I would avoid that name.  Apparently, there is even a Native American marvel character named “Red Wolf” according to another poster.  The name wasn’t the only problem, it was also cultural appropriation.  I know nothing about Native American culture, so maybe the animal is important.  Maybe because there was a marvel character named Red Wolf they might have a problem.  I don’t know.

If the name ends up being something other than Redwolves...I worry about you.   I can’t even make sense of your last 3 or 4 sentences.  

Hail to the Warriors 😀

Edit: Also, the Arkansas State Red Wolves own the trademark for “Red Wolves.”  You may not think that’s a big deal...but it is because they don’t seem too happy when another entity tries to use it.  If the Team goes with Red Wolves/Redwolves, they would most likely have make an agreement with the trademark owners to use the name and similar imagery.  If they want to do that.    

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/jul/21/wolves-not-just-for-teams-taking/

Read the above link..the court date for that trademark case is October 21st of this year. 

Edited by Painkiller
On 2/13/2021 at 6:30 PM, Painkiller said:

If the Red Wolf is a sacred animal to Native Americans, we are just starting over with the same problem again.

You didn't say this?

27 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Thought of a name from over here in Bolton, England 

Washington Redspears 

Can use old Helmet from 1950's 

HTTR 

You've got some good names with a lot of history around your area..

Warrington Wires  rugby

Bolton Wanderers  

Preston North End

Wigan Warriors   rugby

Saint Helens Saints     rugby

Blackburn Rovers

classic names!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

You've got some good names with a lot of history around your area..

Warrington Wires  rugby

Bolton Wanderers  

Preston North End

Wigan Warriors   rugby

Saint Helens Saints     rugby

Blackburn Rovers

classic names!

Bolton Wanderers fan all my life buddy 

9 hours ago, Painkiller said:

I worry about you.   I can’t even make sense of your last 3 or 4 sentences.  

First, you're not my sponsor. 

Second, I meant Precedent, not president. Big difference. 

When I played Madden as a kid I use to just move the team to Vegas and call them the Fun Devils and make the uniform black and lime green with a big spider, so it's not really important to me. I should have been an Eagles fan anyway, being from Philly.

But I have a dog rescue and love wolves. A hell of a lot more than any warriors I've been friends with.

And the spartan thing is a tad gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You didn't say this?

Yeah that’s exactly what I said, but you made an “absurd leap” when you said I stated they “worship” the Red Wolf and that it was a racist statement.  

This was never just about the name it was also about cultural appropriation.  Maybe the Redwolves is too close to home after the team was called Redskins.  I don’t know. You’d have to ask a Native American. 

Edited by Painkiller
58 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

And the spartan thing is a tad gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

If that’s what you really feel call it progress then.  We are now the most progressive team in Football.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Warrington Wires  rugby

It’s Warrington Wolves, which isn’t too far removed from some of the suggestions in here....They do have an additional ‘nickname’ of ‘The Wire’ in reference to the towns wire-making history.

Back to Washington, we do seem to make a lot of the 1932 reference. I wonder if that becomes a more prominent feature, somehow?

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

It’s Warrington Wolves, which isn’t too far removed from some of the suggestions in here....They do have an additional ‘nickname’ of ‘The Wire’ in reference to the towns wire-making history.

Back to Washington, we do seem to make a lot of the 1932 reference. I wonder if that becomes a more prominent feature, somehow?

"Wires" changed their nickname? I grew up in Great Sankey and we called them the wires back in the 70's.  lol

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Washington 32's ? 🤔

5 hours ago, Guevara said:

Washington 32's ? 🤔

How about the Washington Crazy 88s?

gkCNiq.gif

13 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Team? 

😆

• Like 1
7 hours ago, petey hodge said:

gkCNiq.gif

😆

The 8th letter in the alphabet is H and bikers, clan, proud boys, etc all wear 88.

What's wrong with the Red Hogs? There's the Red River Hog over in South Africa or the Red Wattle Hog which is a domestic pig. A red hog is a real thing and we have history with Hogs. 

I like Red Hogs better than Red Wolves for sure.....it also pays some tribute to the greatest offensive line in NFL history the "Hogs". 

The Washington Red Hogs

For short we'd be the Hogs....but officially, the Red Hogs. We've actually had t shirts printed back in the day with a hog logo wearing a Redskins hat. 

I'm calling Snyder tomorrow. 

• Like 1

#1 choice is still Werewolves :D

But I do like the suggestion of Washington Burgundy & Gold. It's quite obvious no one wants to change the colors. Let them be the focus. I don't think it's necessary to pick an animal or object as a mascot. We did just fine without one this year. 

If we must choose one, I also like Washington Hogs (not a fan of Red Hogs) or Washington Maulers. 

Regardless of what they choose, I'll be just fine as long as they maintain the color scheme and keep the marching band. 

19 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The 8th letter in the alphabet is H and bikers, clan, proud boys, etc all wear 88.

Yikes!

In chinese culture, "8" is considered a lucky number... hence you see all sorts of people jockey for cell phones numbers, addresses, flight numbers, etc... with the number 8 in it.  Heck, even Boeing went with the name: 787-8 to please the chinese... Airbus?  The A380-800.   Cathay Pacific's blue ribbon route from Hong Kong to LAX is... you guessed it, CX 880.  On the upper deck of their 747s had row numbers in the 80s... eg. 81A, 82C.  Those were good flights!

And then there's Kurt Cusins... #8!

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 1

I hate the name change but, (as Brian Billick used to always say), "it is what it is"

Washington Football Team has grown on me.   I'd just assume keep it.    It's classy, (IMHO), and a big "FU" to the league and the sponsors.

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I hate the name change but, (as Brian Billick used to always say), "it is what it is"

Washington Football Team has grown on me.   I'd just assume keep it.    It's classy, (IMHO), and a big "FU" to the league and the sponsors.

They have a big enough FU to the league and sponsors (not to mention fans): 

4ce5506eccd1d5b824050000?width=600&forma

• Like 1
On 3/2/2021 at 10:38 PM, petey hodge said:

gkCNiq.gif

😆

How about the Washington Krazy-8s?

a6174fdeb18883bf625b9e58a7a0d62f.png

• Haha 1