Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Call Russell Wilson and tell him if he signs with us we will have him choose the name of the stadium Wilson stadium or let him pick the new Skins name for the football team.

The Washington Ciarras doesn't sound great to me.

• Haha 1

As a 30 year old fan I am tied of hearing about the hogs or how we should recycle old jerseys. I think now is the time to be fresh and bold with our jerseys and at the same time honor it heritage through the color scheme and find a way to tie it back to the past but looking to the future. 

I like the name Warhawks because 1. It is a nod to the capital. 2 it's aggressive. 3. The logo ties back to that native look.

What do you all think? I'm pretty sure all the old guys are going to clown me for this.

Screenshot_20210223-111043__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-091151__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-151556__01.jpg

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Thats a damn lie. There’s so many good ones out there. As long as you don’t choose a pelican or some lame animal, you’re golden.

Blue Footed Boobies

Thorny Devils

Blobfish

Maned Wolves

Narwhals

Coffinfish

Lykoi 

Axolotl

Suckermouth Catfish 
Nudibranch 

Whitemargin Stargazers

Christmas Tree Worms

Hairy-Chested Yeti Crabs

If you think I wouldn’t rock a Washington Hairy-Chested Yeti Crab jersey, or a Washington Stargazer shirt... you’re dead wrong. 

Myrtle Beach Pelicans Archives - Myrtle Beach on the Cheap

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ZF7U5MWUChrqunA4ptnGqAAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.0kVMIdC4F-gph58YSUEsawAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Edited by Stefanskins
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, StormShadow said:

If not Redskins...

1. Red Hawks

2. Red Wolves

3. Washington Football Club

4. Washington Football Team

WFT!!...because now we have history!!!

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really couldn't like our colors less. It's so freaking ugly. It's why I've never really bought a jersey. I had a Cooley someone bought me and I found a Terry Allen 21 that I turned into a Taylor Jersey, but got rid of them when i moved to the Caribbean. 

Damnit KB!! You can't say such blasphemous chit!! Our colors are glorious!!! B&G forever!!! ; )

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Eastern Oyster saved the Chesapeake Bay. Might be time to pay some homage. They do have a golden hue and tobassco is kinda Burgundy.

ok...now your getting it!!

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, OGDMV said:

As a 30 year old fan I am tied of hearing about the hogs or how we should recycle old jerseys. I think now is the time to be fresh and bold with our jerseys and at the same time honor it heritage through the color scheme and find a way to tie it back to the past but looking to the future. 

I like the name Warhawks because 1. It is a nod to the capital. 2 it's aggressive. 3. The logo ties back to that native look.

What do you all think? I'm pretty sure all the old guys are going to clown me for this.

Screenshot_20210223-111043__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-091151__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-151556__01.jpg

Not bad...the helmet is impressive...

@Stefanskins I reported you for bypassing profanity filters. I hope you're happy with you decisions today.

1 hour ago, Stefanskins said:

Not bad...the helmet is impressive...

War probably not the image the NFL wants, despite the money from the DoD for the pageantry. Plus, there's already a "Hawks". 

• Thanks 1

All these other names just seem so corny to me now. Football Club is pretty sweet, it's classic, and isn't really changing anything. We aren't going from a Native American logo to anything else. It respects our history. WFT is okay too, but I can't get over all the idiots just calling us Football Team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No! Leave the name alone. Look, the name really doesn't matter, the team is what matters. On that note, the "WFT", is probably the best name you're going to get that will please the most people without causing the rest to storm Fed Ex Field. 

I would much rather stick with WFT than get some boring name like the Warriors or some terrible name like the Penis Scrunchies or something. Besides, people were making fun of our no name when we sucked, we still suck, but suck less. The no name has gotten some respect, don't fix what isn't broken.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

No! Leave the name alone. Look, the name really doesn't matter, the team is what matters. On that note, the "WFT", is probably the best name you're going to get that will please the most people without causing the rest to storm Fed Ex Field. 

I would much rather stick with WFT than get some boring name like the Warriors or some terrible name like the Penis Scrunchies or something. Besides, people were making fun of our no name when we sucked, we still suck, but suck less. The no name has gotten some respect, don't fix what isn't broken.

I'm not a fan of many of the names people are suggesting, but Washington Football Team Sucks

If we're not going to use a real name then we're the Washington Burgundy & Gold

• Like 3

It's going to be the Redwolves and it's a very solid name and if you don't like it, too bad. We've been one of thee worst run organizations in pro sports for over 25 years now. We suck at the game and our FO has sucked at life. You're not going to stop being a fan because of the mascot. That's absurd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's going to be the Redwolves and it's a very solid name and if you don't like it, too bad. We've been one of thee worst run organizations in pro sports for over 25 years now. We suck at the game and our FO has sucked at life. You're not going to stop being a fan because of the mascot. That's absurd.

Mind sharing what makes you so certain that's what it's going to be?

Just now, Painkiller said:

Mind sharing what makes you so certain that's what it's going to be?

Just seems obvious to me. It's pretty solid. Most people who aren't ranchers love wolves. They're cool for the average idiot. So many nicknames like "The Den" or the "pack". Our Dline "pinning their ears back". It's an animal native to the area. They're reintroducing them. It keeps the color and the R. Just have to change the feather to a tail (which is pretty ****ed up too, but I'm an actual animal lover). It seriously could not be more obvious. There is no team that's "the Wolves". It's the most North American animal around. It's so easy. I think you've said that Native Americans could bring up a bond to wolves, which is fine, but they could bring up a bond to the robin or tit **** and nobody would care either. I know you like "Warriors" and it's very gay logo, but that name is too easily a slide back to the Indians and War in general and even though America loves to bomb the **** out of poor brown countries for resources, we can't just name sports teams after that. It's bad business. We killed the wolves off to eat cows, but nobody cares about that and they are still romanticized as cool. Redwolves.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Just seems obvious to me. It's pretty solid. Most people who aren't ranchers love wolves. They're cool for the average idiot. So many nicknames like "The Den" or the "pack". Our Dline "pinning their ears back". It's an animal native to the area. They're reintroducing them. It keeps the color and the R. Just have to change the feather to a tail (which is pretty ****ed up too, but I'm an actual animal lover). It seriously could not be more obvious. There is no team that's "the Wolves". It's the most North American animal around. It's so easy. I think you've said that Native Americans could bring up a bond to wolves, which is fine, but they could bring up a bond to the robin or tit **** and nobody would care either. I know you like "Warriors" and it's very gay logo, but that name is too easily a slide back to the Indians and War in general and even though America loves to bomb the **** out of poor brown countries for resources, we can't just name sports teams after that. It's bad business. We killed the wolves off to eat cows, but nobody cares about that and they are still romanticized as cool. Redwolves.

Well that was the favorite on twitter last July, but Twitter doesn't speak for everyone.  Also, you may or may not remember that two other teams are fighting for the Redwolves/Red Wolves trademark, and they might have something to say about your certainty.  A lot of which name it comes down to may be the ease of securing the trademark.  If it means buying out a single guy in Virginia (Warriors), vs. fighting the two different entities on the trademark rights for (Redwolves)….who knows what will happen.  Would they want Redwolves that badly?  

I'm sure everyone who has bothered to submit a suggestion for the name would be delighted to know that the name was chosen last July, and asking the fans for their suggestions was little more than a dog and pony show.  Plus, if you read between the lines on what all the people in the branding journey of the website are saying...Redwolves doesn't exactly hit all the benchmarks the fans expect.

I know you are all in on your pee wee soccer team name, but I will continue to push Warriors until the day they announce the new name.  If it's Redwolves, I will learn to live with it, because I have little choice.  However, it's never going to be my first choice.  The more people I have talked to in person than online, they prefer Warriors.  I hope the team doesn't base their decision solely on internet polls.       

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

Well that was the favorite on twitter last July, but Twitter doesn't speak for everyone.  Also, you may or may not remember that two other teams are fighting for the Redwolves/Red Wolves trademark, and they might have something to say about your certainty.  A lot of which name it comes down to may be the ease of securing the trademark.  If it means buying out a single guy in Virginia (Warriors), vs. fighting the two different entities on the trademark rights for (Redwolves)….who knows what will happen.  Would they want Redwolves that badly?  

I'm sure everyone who has bothered to submit a suggestion for the name would be delighted to know that the name was chosen last July, and asking the fans for their suggestions was little more than a dog and pony show.  Plus, if you read between the lines on what all the people in the branding journey of the website are saying...Redwolves doesn't exactly hit all the benchmarks the fans expect.

I know you are all in on your pee wee soccer team name, but I will continue to push Warriors until the day they announce the new name.  If it's Redwolves, I will learn to live with it, because I have little choice.  However, it's never going to be my first choice.  The more people I have talked to in person than online, they prefer Warriors.  I hope the team doesn't base their decision solely on internet polls.       

You probably watch wrestling too.

7 hours ago, Painkiller said:

:ols: That's one team trying to sue another team saying the logo looks the same and a court saying it isn't. :ols: 

Your excellent interneting just proved the exact opposite of the reach you are attempting to make.

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Just seems obvious to me. It's pretty solid. Most people who aren't ranchers love wolves. They're cool for the average idiot. So many nicknames like "The Den" or the "pack". Our Dline "pinning their ears back". 

The Den of Inequities  

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

:ols: That's one team trying to sue another team saying the logo looks the same and a court saying it isn't. :ols: 

Your excellent interneting just proved the exact opposite of the reach you are attempting to make.

From the article...

“saying the Red Wolves' similar name and logo would mislead the public into thinking the team is affiliated with ASU.”