Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dropping him would involve an insane cap hit. I’d guess almost for sure Wentz is back for them 

How would you feel about pursuing Wentz? Just curious 

Edited by max21
2 minutes ago, max21 said:

How would you feel about pursuing Wentz? Just curious 

IMO a waste of energy to discuss

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/carson-wentz-and-his-contract-gives-eagles-worst-qb-situation-nfc-east

Philadelphia signed Wentz to a four-year, $128 million contract extension in 2019 that kicks in for the 2021 season. The deal includes nearly $70 million guaranteed.

Next season Wentz will count nearly $35 million on the Eagles salary cap, good for 17 percent of Philadelphia's total cap space. Don't forget either that the cap is expected to dip next year due to Covid expenditures, so that percentage will likely increase. 

Cutting Wentz is simply not possible. 

To release him in the offseason would bring a $59 million dead cap penalty. $59 million!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO a waste of energy to discuss

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/carson-wentz-and-his-contract-gives-eagles-worst-qb-situation-nfc-east

Philadelphia signed Wentz to a four-year, $128 million contract extension in 2019 that kicks in for the 2021 season. The deal includes nearly $70 million guaranteed.

Next season Wentz will count nearly $35 million on the Eagles salary cap, good for 17 percent of Philadelphia's total cap space. Don't forget either that the cap is expected to dip next year due to Covid expenditures, so that percentage will likely increase. 

Cutting Wentz is simply not possible. 

To release him in the offseason would bring a $59 million dead cap penalty. $59 million!

The Eagles are screwed....very nice....said in my best Borat voice

20 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

The Eagles are screwed....very nice....said in my best Borat voice

Yep.  The theme for Wentz isn't whether we want him or not.  We aren't getting him.  Eagles aren't eating 60 million in dead cap to unload anyone.    But yeah Eagles are screwed. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  The theme for Wentz isn't whether we want him or not.  We aren't getting him.  Eagles aren't eating 60 million in dead cap to unload anyone.    But yeah Eagles are screwed. 

I'm not so optimistic that the Eagles are screwed. They'll trade Wentz and the compensation will be gravy relative to getting his deal off the books.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm not so optimistic that the Eagles are screwed. They'll trade Wentz and the compensation will be gravy relative to getting his deal off the books.

Who's gonna want him? That contract is a killer. They'll have to throw in draft picks just to get him off their books similar to the Texans with Osweiler.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Who's gonna want him? That contract is a killer. They'll have to throw in draft picks just to get him off their books similar to the Texans with Osweiler.

Colts would take him IMO. What else are they gonna do w/ Rivers coming off the books and no top 10 pick?

6 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Wentz can't be cut bc of his contract, only traded. Which the Eagles won't do within the division. Like TK said he'll most likely go to Indy, which doesn't affect us bc it's not like Rivers woudl be better than Alex.

Rivers is much more efficient than Alex.

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Haskins is so terrible.  What a horrible draft pick.

We knew this before Dan reached for him. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Painkiller said:

This may or may not have been mentioned already but Strahan referred to them as Redskins twice during the half time show.  I laughed 

He's been calling them the redskins all season

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

Haskins is so terrible.  What a horrible draft pick.

Hopefully that was the last of snyder getting his dirty fingers involved

16 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Speaking as a big Haskins supporter, I want Alex back. The plays we run are much better. The playbook opens completely up when Alex is the starter. 

Dwayne talked about being mad, I think he was possibly referring to the coaching staff telling him to play cautious. I could be wrong, but boy did he dump the ball a lot in the 1st half, almost never looked downfield. I think the game plan was to hang around and try and have the defense create a turnover to win it.....almost worked. Let's face it, we will play a very tough Panthers team next week, at home, and if we don't beat them then we don't deserve playoffs this year, not that anyone else in the division does. I'm confident we will beat either Carolina or Philly but it really needs to happen this Christmas Sunday, us fans deserve it and so do the players/coaches. 

This league is incredible, I had the Rams as my NFC fave to go to the SB after they manhandled Brady and the Bucs and now they lose to the Jets at home with their division on the line? 

Anyone can beat anyone unless it's the Chiefs....and that means that if we make the playoffs we can beat anyone in the NFC if we are healthy.

• Like 1