Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

I love the snow. This snowfall was the first good one in a while. Great for sledding, snowmen, snowballs, forts, etc

i was so sore yesterday. Sunday we went to the horse farm behind my house and sled down a monster hill with the neighborhood kids. Was great fun. 

just booked some skiing for Saturday morning so gonna take advantage of it that way too :) 

• Like 1

It may get so bitterly cold after this week's blizzard in the Midwest that engine antifreeze would solidify

The blizzard blasting parts of the Midwest on Thursday is a curtain-raiser for a cold snap that people won't soon forget.

A "flash freeze" could accompany this storm as temperatures drop rapidly below freezing, making for very dangerous conditions.

A flash freeze happens when rapidly falling temperatures "quickly turn any wet or slushy roads to ice," the National Weather Service office in Des Moines, Iowa, noted, warning it will likely create significant travel problems Thursday across the Hawkeye State.

The coldest air will start diving on Saturday south through the upper Midwest and Great Lakes. Places in central Wisconsin could see temperatures plummet to minus 25 degrees on Sunday morning, with high temperatures struggling to make it to zero. Overnight lows could be cold enough for car antifreeze to solidify.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I take it with only Midwest news that Super Bowl Sunday's storm won't be too big a deal?

Weather underground has the DC area under a winter storm watch from late tomorrow night through Sunday afternoon, potential of 5+ inches of snow. 

now, whether or not anything comes of that, is another story. Your guess is as good as mine.