Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Won’t make a huge difference, but this is cool.

My wife was bugging me about getting a generator the other day and I told her I was coming home with a new truck. Really cool capability in the new F150. Up to 7200 watts. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Ugh, hang in there. I'm afraid to ask what the temp is where you are.

We had a high of 28° today, it's been 5° at night for a few nights. That's when the power went out, it was 53° inside that first morning. Our apartment complex handed out a sheet asking us to open our taps. Mine have been running ever since, even now because we aren't above freezing. I've had power all day today, very lucky. We have good water too in my city. 

It's really bad other places. I feel very fortunate. If not for my daughter and granddaughter, I'd get the hell out of here. I hate the politics in this state. My town has Democrat representation. I didn't want to move here, I really drug my feet. 

• Sad 2

We got above zero today for the first time in a week.  Sunday here the high was -9.  But our houses and power infrastructure stuff are made for winters like this.  

Still, the 11 degrees now feels downright toasty compared to the weekend.

Oh, and Ted Cruz should be launched into the sun.  It is warm there.

• Like 2

I hate that this thread is now just another politics thread in the tailgate. Don’t bother arguing the point, you’re not going to change my mind.

It was much better when we could talk nerdy things like QPF and rates and Miller B’s without having to wade through copy pastes of Ted Cruz Twitter links. Whatever, I guess that’s what the tailgate is at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I hate that this thread is now just another politics thread in the tailgate. Don’t bother arguing the point, you’re not going to change my mind.

It was much better when we could talk nerdy things like QPF and rates and Miller B’s without having to wade through copy pastes of Ted Cruz Twitter links. Whatever, I guess that’s what the tailgate is at this point.

30 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^Thank you! Leave politics in the politics threads, and winter weather for the winter weather threads, in my opinion. 

What if winter weather and its effects are being exacerbated by anti science politicians? Surely that's tangential?

• Like 2