Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I wonder how many things like this exist because of bad laws?

I think our law is based on dui’s and alcoholism and free drinks bring a bad look but I’m honestly not sure and maybe it is a bad law

ive heard that story. I think here. Maybe even you told it :)

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's been over 12 hours for my daughter, no side effects, just a sore arm.  My arm doesn't even hurt anymore, last shot it barely hurt but lingered a couple of days.  All I gotta say is, if you haven't gotten a vaccine, get it, its better than getting Covid -19 and dying.  

Congratulations.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Not that I don't 100% agree with you...but maybe we can find a better sales pitch than "Its better than death"?

Well it is better than possibly dying from Covid-19.  Idiots/morons are afraid of getting vaccinated...........for a number of ridiculous reasons.  Getting vaccintated is definately better than potentially dying of Covid-19.  Do I need to break down the obvious down further for you?  

Edit:  You know what.........**** this.  Why **** with my positive post?  Why ruin my moment?  What in the blue ****ing hell is your god damn problem?  Jabbyrwoky your punk ass out of this thread...............

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Just now, bearrock said:

Isn't that pretty much the selling point for every vaccine?

You would think.  But what is clear is that "its better than death" and the associated "do it to protect others" didn't work with masks and doesn't seem to be getting us across the finish line with vaccines.  Like it or not, we need the people resisting getting vaccines to get vaccinated...the longer this thing rattles around in the population the more we are risking a mutation the current vaccines can't deal with.  So since the two obvious sales pitches don't seem to be working, we need to find something better.  Lord knows I have no idea what that would be...the greed approach with the lottery might be one way.  Maybe something like a tax exemption?  Honestly i have no idea.  Was just throwing the question out there and hoping someone had an idea.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

You would think.  But what is clear is that "its better than death" and the associated "do it to protect others" didn't work with masks and doesn't seem to be getting us across the finish line with vaccines.  Like it or not, we need the people resisting getting vaccines to get vaccinated...the longer this thing rattles around in the population the more we are risking a mutation the current vaccines can't deal with.  So since the two obvious sales pitches don't seem to be working, we need to find something better.  Lord knows I have no idea what that would be...the greed approach with the lottery might be one way.  Maybe something like a tax exemption?  Honestly i have no idea.  Was just throwing the question out there and hoping someone had an idea.

You really need to **** off. I give two ****s about your agenda......Leave my positive post out of it. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Well, in a post that should make the last few posters feel at least a little better about their situation, I feel pretty dumb... my vaccine card was in my car but now I can’t find it...I had it in there with the plan to take it to staples to get a copy laminated but that never happened, it just floated around in there until it disappeared....

I just hope when it’s time for boosters or what ever missing it isn’t a big deal... or if they require a vaccine passport... I know I’m not the only one to have replaced it... but, still probably going to be a pita to fix it.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

8 hours ago, PCS said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro Take a break from this thread for day and settle down. I get how good it is to get that second dose and how good it is for the kids to do the same,but that's enough. 

Let's move along now. 

So apparently he had a reaction afterall? 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, in a post that should make the last few posters feel at least a little better about their situation, I feel pretty dumb... my vaccine card was in my car but now I can’t find it...I had it in there with the plan to take it to staples to get a copy laminated but that never happened, it just floated around in there until it disappeared....

I just hope when it’s time for boosters or what ever missing it isn’t a big deal... or if they require a vaccine passport... I know I’m not the only one to have replaced it... but, still probably going to be a pita to fix it.

I would hope that the folks who administered it have a paper trail.  But I'll recognized that things were rushed and that might not be the case.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Can you not have the shot provider give you another one? 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I would hope that the folks who administered it have a paper trail.  But I'll recognized that things were rushed and that might not be the case.  

Depending on your health care provider and where you got your shots (if external), they should have record of it. 

I got mine at Rite-Aid but I linked my Kaiser Permanente info to it. Both shots showed up in my immunization records with Kaiser within 24 hours. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Worries Grow Over China’s Sinopharm Covid Shot: Bahrain Plans Pfizer Booster For Fully Vaccinated People

Concerns over the effectiveness of Sinopharm’s vaccine continue to grow after Bahrain, battling a devastating coronavirus surge despite being one of the world’s most vaccinated nations, announced its decision to offer booster shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for those already fully immunized with the Chinese-made vaccine Thursday, the latest in a string of setbacks for the state-owned vaccine recently authorized by WHO.

Click on the link for the full article

53 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Can you not have the shot provider give you another one? 

it was at a mass clinic. I will probably just spend a little more time looking. I don’t really plan on doing anything that might would require it... like flying, I was booked on a cruise but the canceled it and life timing isn’t gonna work out to reschedule...

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Mine was administered though my medical center and it appears under my immunization list. I have mine in my car too, in the console.

21 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

it was at a mass clinic. I will probably just spend a little more time looking. I don’t really plan on doing anything that might would require it... like flying, I was booked on a cruise but the canceled it and life timing isn’t gonna work out to reschedule...

If you don't find it you can try

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/immunization-record-request-form/

There should be equivalents in most states.  Also might be able to do something via v-safe if you registered online when you got the shots.

• Like 3

The partisan divide in vaccinations is starker than you realize

The partisan divide in Covid-19 vaccinations is becoming starker as the nation inches toward President Joe Biden’s goal of providing at least one shot to 70 percent of adults by July 4, complicating efforts to reach the unvaccinated in areas still vulnerable to virus outbreaks.

All but one of the 39 congressional districts where at least 60 percent of residents have received a coronavirus shot are represented by Democrats, according to a Harvard University analysis that presents one of the most detailed looks yet at the partisan split behind the nation’s diverging vaccination drive. By contrast, Republicans represent all but two of the 30 districts where fewer than one-third of residents have received a shot.

Click on the link for the full article

So apparently getting Covid to own the libs.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2021 at 2:06 AM, Renegade7 said:

Not that I know of, but Moderna is a two shot, thats what I got. Everyone will react differently, im convinced it was worth it.

Someone said if you get half Pfizer and half Moderna it's called an "Arnold Pharma."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Delta variant looks to be about as immune evasive as South African variant (B.1.351) but still cannot escape the protection of full mRNA vaccination. However once it arrives in the U.S., folks who aren't vaccinated are going to be at much higher risk than with current variants. Tell folks to get vaccinated ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The Delta variant looks to be about as immune evasive as South African variant (B.1.351) but still cannot escape the protection of full mRNA vaccination. However once it arrives in the U.S., folks who aren't vaccinated are going to be at much higher risk than with current variants. Tell folks to get vaccinated ASAP.

Telling folks isn't enough. The federal government should do a daily lottery. $365M is a tiny amount of money to spend over a year to get our vaccination rate into the 75-85% range.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I thought when you got the covid vaccine you had to list your insurance carrier that way they could be billed for it, or however the chain of subsidizing works for this specific vaccine.  I know when I filled out the paperwork at the vaccine site I definitely showed an insurance card and the information was documented.  I would assume that information would have made it's way to my insurance company/health provide if we will indeed end up needing boosters in the future.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I thought when you got the covid vaccine you had to list your insurance carrier that way they could be billed for it, or however the chain of subsidizing works for this specific vaccine.  I know when I filled out the paperwork at the vaccine site I definitely showed an insurance card and the information was documented.  I would assume that information would have made it's way to my insurance company/health provide if we will indeed end up needing boosters in the future.

I thought so too (for the most part). Not sure how mass vax sites worked though.