Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Second dose, I had soreness and stiffness from my wrist through my armpit and well into my rib cage.  Could almost feel it emanating out from the injection site and then slowly receding in real time.  Took about 30 hours.

Damn, I didn't get that at all.  Just some soreness in the deltoid for a day or two.  The first shot gave me fatigue and headaches and the second one didn't.

• Like 1

Gov. Ron DeSantis said cruise lines will ‘break Florida law’ if they require passengers to be vaccinated

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis held firm Friday on his pledge to enforce Florida’s vaccine passport law even though it could prevent the cruise lines from setting sail from Florida ports this summer.

The governor said during a stop in Lakeland that any company doing business in Florida, particularly cruise lines, cannot require proof of vaccination for a passenger to get on board.

Florida state law, which bans vaccine passports goes into effect on July 1, and is also outlined in an executive order from DeSantis.

“We are going to enforce Florida law,” DeSantis said. He made it clear that Florida cruise lines, such as Royal Caribbean, cannot make having a COVID-19 vaccination imperative to travel on the ship.

Celebrity Cruises, part of Royal Caribbean, has announced its ship Edge will sail from Port Everglades on June 26 with vaccinated passengers. The company said 98 percent of the ship’s crew and 95 percent of its passengers will be vaccinated.

But that would break state law, DeSantis said.

“You don’t pass laws and then not enforce them against giant corporations. It doesn’t work that way,” DeSantis said Friday.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, China said:

Gov. Ron DeSantis said cruise lines will ‘break Florida law’ if they require passengers to be vaccinated

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis held firm Friday on his pledge to enforce Florida’s vaccine passport law even though it could prevent the cruise lines from setting sail from Florida ports this summer.

The governor said during a stop in Lakeland that any company doing business in Florida, particularly cruise lines, cannot require proof of vaccination for a passenger to get on board.

Florida state law, which bans vaccine passports goes into effect on July 1, and is also outlined in an executive order from DeSantis.

“We are going to enforce Florida law,” DeSantis said. He made it clear that Florida cruise lines, such as Royal Caribbean, cannot make having a COVID-19 vaccination imperative to travel on the ship.

Celebrity Cruises, part of Royal Caribbean, has announced its ship Edge will sail from Port Everglades on June 26 with vaccinated passengers. The company said 98 percent of the ship’s crew and 95 percent of its passengers will be vaccinated.

But that would break state law, DeSantis said.

“You don’t pass laws and then not enforce them against giant corporations. It doesn’t work that way,” DeSantis said Friday.

Click on the link for the full article

Isn’t this the same loser that wanted to provide a Disney carve out to his “Florida can sue corporations that have terms of service” declaration?

Hey DeSantis, why don’t you stand up for your friend, Matt Gaetz?  Why are you letting him get canceled? 

• Haha 1

The complaint, filed in state court, says Houston Methodist’s vaccine mandate violates a set of medical ethics standards known as the Nuremberg Code, which was designed to prevent experimentation on human subjects without consent. The code was created after World War II in response to the medical atrocities Nazis committed against prisoners in concentration camps.

“Methodist Hospital is forcing its employees to be human ‘guinea pigs’ as a condition for continued employment,” the complaint states. It adds that the mandate “requires the employee to subject themselves to medical experimentation as a prerequisite to feeding their families.” Elsewhere, it falsely characterizes the coronavirus vaccines as an “experimental COVID-19 mRNA gene modification injection.”

🥱

Edited by Cooked Crack

Immunity to the coronavirus lasts at least a year, possibly a lifetime, improving over time especially after vaccination, according to two new studies. The findings may help put to rest lingering fears that protection against the virus will be short-lived.

Together, the studies suggest that most people who have recovered from Covid-19 and who were later immunized will not need boosters. Vaccinated people who were never infected most likely will need the shots, however, as will a minority who were infected but did not produce a robust immune response.

Both reports looked at people who had been exposed to the coronavirus about a year earlier. Cells that retain a memory of the virus persist in the bone marrow and may churn out antibodies whenever needed, according to one of the studies, published on Monday in the journal Nature.

The other study, posted online at BioRxiv, a site for biology research, found that these so-called memory B cells continue to mature and strengthen for at least 12 months after the initial infection.

“The papers are consistent with the growing body of literature that suggests that immunity elicited by infection and vaccination for SARS-CoV-2 appears to be long-lived,” said Scott Hensley, an immunologist at the University of Pennsylvania who was not involved in the research.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Tell it to military personnel or those traveling overseas. Don't want the vaccine, work somewhere else.

Now, I do think there need to be limits on the things employers demand that you do. 

But "don't spread diseases to coworkers or customers" isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm curious if one can sue an employer or employee who knowingly spreads or allows the spread of covid19? 

You can sue for anything but I got to imagine the bar is pretty high to win this one. It's got to be very egregious. Would be hard to prove someone got covid from an exact place.

36 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You can sue for anything but I got to imagine the bar is pretty high to win this one. It's got to be very egregious. Would be hard to prove someone got covid from an exact place.

From an exact place is doable, especially if it’s a workplace...but from an exact person would be difficult. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Vaccine requirements are not anything new.  They've been required to go to public school since I was a wee lad and I'm sure for decades before that.

And they were almost universally supported.  Until a group of people decided that they could weaken the country by opposing them.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

2nd shot kicked my ass, felt like i had the flu without the cough.  Please don't tell me I gotta do this every year.

I was under the impression that you only had to get it once.  

I also recently learned, I embarrassed to say, that the vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid, just that it makes symptoms less severe.  I had no clue, I thought people who got the vaccine couldn't get the virus.  Are all vaccines like that?

“The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off, and I say stupid because they’re not using their brain – their God-given brain – to make a decision for their own good,” Wiles said on the 30th of April, referring to individuals who choose inoculation.

“That’s a level of stupidity I can’t even comprehend,” Wiles raged at the concept of objective reasoning. “Honestly, that’s just so stupid, I don’t even know what to say about it. I don’t have words to describe that level of stupidity. So, if the vaccine wipes out a lot of stupid people, well, we’ll have a better world.”

giphy.gif