Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Covid Vaccine Thread


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Arm is quite sore at vaccination site.  Body temperature slightly elevated, but still less than the average human; still feels feverish to me.

 

It's coming for you....this is how it started for me. The 12 hour mark is when the slightly feverish feelings started before feeling like I got hit by a bus and couldn't sleep :ols: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barry.Randolphe said:

 

It's coming for you....this is how it started for me. The 12 hour mark is when the slightly feverish feelings started before feeling like I got hit by a bus and couldn't sleep :ols: 

Just crossed the 17 hour mark.  I want to curl up in a blanket with a sippy cup.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Just crossed the 17 hour mark.  I want to curl up in a blanket with a sippy cup.

Do that and embrace it.  :)

I felt better knowing why I felt bad...we don't often have that kind of foresight. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been watching the covid count for Virginia the past few days....it looks like the immunity is kicking in and cases are dropping. In Arlington Co, the 7 day average is now in the teens and we've had back to back days of single digit new cases...it's also dropping quite a bit in Fairfax Co

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw Dick Cheney’s cardiologist on CNN. He said he wishes the CDC would say that you are immune if you’ve been vaccinated and that you don’t need to wear a mask indoors. But he understands that the current guidance is given with unvaccinated people in mind.

 

He said that out of 95 million people who’ve been vaccinated, there have only been 9000 symptomatic cases. That’s 99.991 percent immune.

 

Just passing this along, in hopes to give even more confidence to people that have had their shots. He also mentioned that every person who has died was an unvaccinated person. Hope everyone here will get vaccinated. 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Feeling less like ****.  Back still aches, though, which really has been the worst of the side effects.


Taking any Tylenol? It was a night and day difference for me... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Just saw Dick Cheney’s cardiologist on CNN. He said he wishes the CDC would say that you are immune if you’ve been vaccinated and that you don’t need to wear a mask indoors. But he understands that the current guidance is given with unvaccinated people in mind.

 

He said that out of 95 million people who’ve been vaccinated, there have only been 9000 symptomatic cases. That’s 99.991 percent immune.

 

Just passing this along, in hopes to give even more confidence to people that have had their shots. He also mentioned that every person who has died was an unvaccinated person. Hope everyone here will get vaccinated. 😊

I hear the 99.991 percent immune and I have questions.  I got vaccinated as soon as I could.  I make, what I feel are, educated decisions on risk based activities.  I’m out and about, but my behavior isn’t too different than it was pre-vaccine.  I don’t believe I’m putting myself at risk to get COVID.  So while these numbers are excellent, I do wonder how much of it is because people are not putting themselves in COVID’s way.  If that makes sense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my 2nd dose 2 weeks ago, so I'm officially fully vaccinated! Feels so great mentally. I'm also still annoying the **** out of everyone I know to get shots, so congrats to everybody in here still getting their first or 2nd shot.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was totally fine after 2nd dose (Pfizer). I didn't feel too bad. Felt like a normal day in the life of me. I did notice my joints were all sorer than normal but...

 

Again... I feel some variation of that stuff daily and I thought that was normal and all people felt like that.

 

So... I'm realizing I'm not normal.

 

Thanks everyone for making me feel that revelation. Felt totally like a normal human until I read threads like these :ols:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

 

Just passing this along, in hopes to give even more confidence to people that have had their shots. He also mentioned that every person who has died was an unvaccinated person. Hope everyone here will get vaccinated. 😊

 

That's not strictly true.  Although there are typically serious underlying medical conditions that contribute.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...