Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

31 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that people are starting to not wear their masks in stores? I had this conversation with my friend, she noticed it as well. Of course, the people not wearing their masks look like they would be those MAGA types. Do they not care anymore? Do they think its over? Do they honestly think that other people would look at them and think they've been vaccinated?

Only had it happen once and pretty much avoided dude. Might have been someone who forgot cause they were hauling around a baby though. Everywhere else people wearing masks. 

I have an appointment for my first Moderna shot at the end of the month. 

Kind of anxious about going in to get it though and wondering if I'll be able to take a shower later if my arm is really sore.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

Kind of anxious about going in to get it though and wondering if I'll be able to take a shower later if my arm is really sore.

You’ll be fine.

Re: fake vaccine cards.  This feels like one of those deals where the media jumps on it because of the emotional hook...and then like 6 months later, they bust some weirdo in Arkansas for making fake cards that looks like something a 6th grader would make.

No outcome where we spend the next two years showing our original vax card at every airport/concert/what not.  We’ll come up with a better system.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Still waiting an appointment. If I can get an appointment for may 17th should I just go for it? My first vaccine was March 30th..,.

I was handed my card with the follow-up shot appointment when I rcvd the 1st shot.

Have you spoken to anyone at the location of your first vaccine?  Seems like they would/should(?) be the best source of information regarding your 2nd shot.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

I was handed my card with the follow-up shot appointment when I rcvd the 1st shot.

Have you spoken to anyone at the location of your first vaccine?  Seems like they would/should(?) be the best source of information regarding your 2nd shot.

it was at the Virginia Beach pavilion... they just moved us through like a conveyor belt. My card just says “earliest 2nd dose April 27th” not sure who I’d even talk to there....

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I don’t see why you couldn’t take a shower. It was sore, but only when I moved it....

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

it was at the Virginia Beach pavilion... they just moved us through like a conveyor belt. My card just says “earliest 2nd dose April 27th” not sure who I’d even talk to there....

My wife got hers there and described it the same way.  For her second shot, she just showed up the day written on the card and got her second shot.  Easy peasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CousinsCowgirl84 This seems to match what TheGreatBuzz is talking about (the article is from April 12)

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/news/local/mycity/virginia-beach/virginia-beach-convention-center-vaccine-walkup-appointments/291-21b74aa2-07ac-4176-a91e-26cf01309625

Walk-in COVID-19 vaccine registration is starting to be available at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. While every walk-in will be registered, many will also be able to get the vaccine that very same day. 

As of now, officials said this will be done on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday although that is subject to change.

The recommended window is within 42 days (though I don't you need to panic or anything if it's a few days over), so if you can't get an appointment or walk in within the first few days after the 27th, try calling the VA beach health department to explain your situation ( maybe you want to do that even before the 27th).  

• Like 1

Is the first shot and the Second shot the same thing because I saw that you could just walk in now but I wasn’t sure if they were talking about first shot or second shot or if there was a difference. 

I’ll just show up on the 27th and hope for the best 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Is the first shot and the Second shot the same thing because I saw that you could just walk in now but I wasn’t sure if they were talking about first shot or second shot or if there was a difference. 

It’s the same dosage. Just don’t cross up the Moderna and Pfizer shots bc the microchips aren’t compatible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

👾VAXXXED!👾

👽💀👻🤖

now waiting to hear commands "Longing, rusted, seventeen, daybreak, furnace, nine, benign, homecoming, one, freight car." in Russian.

Person, woman, man, camera, TV.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Probably meant the first shot, because the 2nd shot is pre-set a certain number of days/weeks after the first shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Probably meant the first shot, because the 2nd shot is pre-set a certain number of days/weeks after the first shot.

Different places handle it differently.  For example, even within Fairfax county, Giant pharmacy sets your second shot appointment at the time of the first shot while the Eisenhower Inova location instruct you to make your second appointment online after your first appointment takes place (and time slots aren't always available in 21 days, so some people end up waiting past 21 days for their second shot at Inova)

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Different places handle it differently.  For example, even within Fairfax county, Giant pharmacy sets your second shot appointment at the time of the first shot while the Eisenhower Inova location instruct you to make your second appointment online after your first appointment takes place (and time slots aren't always available in 21 days, so some people end up waiting past 21 days for their second shot at Inova)

What I was getting at (sloppily lol) was that the 2nd shot is a certain time span away from the 1st shot, so just walking in would screw all that up. As you said, they at least tell you to schedule an appointment for the 2nd shot (and I assume they tell you when that appointment should be), so "I saw that you could just walk in now" wouldn't seem to be appropriate for the  2nd shot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What I was getting at (sloppily lol) was that the 2nd shot is a certain time span away from the 1st shot, so just walking in would screw all that up. As you said, they at least tell you to schedule an appointment for the 2nd shot (and I assume they tell you when that appointment should be), so "I saw that you could just walk in now" wouldn't seem to be appropriate for the  2nd shot.

Oh yeah.  I assume they'd double check to ensure you're at least 21 or 28 days after your first shot (depending on the brand)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, visionary said:

If you sleep on your side, be sure to get it in the arm that you don't sleep on, or you will be in for a sleepless night.

I just got shot #2 today (Moderna).  I will however continue to keep people at a distance - I was doing that before Covid, so why change a good thing now.

• Like 6