Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

I had a Medicare Wellness appointment yesterday and the nurse said that they are now doing testing for 12-16 year old population. My granddaughter is 15, 16 in October, so she'll probably qualify before her birthday. I don't know if her parents will have her vaccinated. My daughter isn't yet, I don't know about her dad.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer on Tuesday.     

I held of posting about it until today, in case the symptoms were delayed.

Other than a very slight soreness, (the soreness was worse from the first shot), I have no symptoms at all.

Thanks for that...mine was Pfizer, and I agree that the first shot hurt worse right from the time I started to drive out of the parking lot, but I had no other symptoms.

Hoping for your results for today's shot. 

• Like 2

Budweiser offers free beer for COVID-19 vaccine recipients

Budweiser is offering a free round of beer for anyone over the age of 21 who can show they have been vaccinated.

The first 10,000 people to register at abeeronbud.com and upload a picture of an ‘I got vaccinated’ sticker, a picture of a band aid, or a selfie at a vaccination location will receive a $5.00 virtual debit card. That debit card can be redeemed for a single Budweiser beer.

Click on the link for the full article

Got my 2nd Pfizer dose today approx 12:30pm and my arm is sore at the injection site.  I want to say the soreness appeared much quicker this time then with the first shot.  So far though, that is the only side effect. My wife told me that her symptoms didn't even show up until the following day so here is hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling okay-ish at least.   I am still working remotely so unless I feel so bad I need to lay down all day, I plan on working.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Dan T. said:

To be clear, in the case of the J&J vaccine, 7 million doses have been administered.  There have been 6 cases of blood clot reactions.

If one in a million is too risky for some people, they can take heart.  The risk is LESS than one in a million.

But is it really limited to 6 cases, or only 6 that we know about at this time.  And what's the lag-time on these cases?  How many doses were administered within that window that we wouldn't expect to show up yet?  Yes, it's a low number, but combined with the blood clots in the similar AstraZenica vaccine and the availability of two other vaccines (in much higher numbers), it makes it more feasible for us to take a step back on J&J to take a closer look.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Thanks for that...mine was Pfizer, and I agree that the first shot hurt worse right from the time I started to drive out of the parking lot, but I had no other symptoms.

Hoping for your results for today's shot. 

Fingers crossed that it works out for you too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Had the Pfizer kill-switch/microchip #1 injected into my body.  At least my wife has Moderna so that when they activate the first kill switch, one of us can avenge the other.  

My temp always runs sub, so at 98 last night, that was a fever for me.  I got a little headache, took a low-dose aspirin, and dozed off in the second period of the Caps game.  Woke up in the 3rd, been fine since.  (except for the results of the game, of course). 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

But is it really limited to 6 cases, or only 6 that we know about at this time.  And what's the lag-time on these cases?  How many doses were administered within that window that we wouldn't expect to show up yet?  Yes, it's a low number, but combined with the blood clots in the similar AstraZenica vaccine and the availability of two other vaccines (in much higher numbers), it makes it more feasible for us to take a step back on J&J to take a closer look.

Agreed. It is the right thing to do, even if it does give fuel to anti-vaxxers.

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

My temp always runs sub, so at 98 last night, that was a fever for me.  I got a little headache, took a low-dose aspirin, and dozed off in the second period of the Caps game.  Woke up in the 3rd, been fine since.  (except for the results of the game, of course). 

Medical practitioner who gave me my first shot was concerned when she checked my temperature and it was 97.  I had to assure her that it was normal.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday. Woke up this morning with a slight headache and general fatigue/soreness but nothing too bad.

Only fair since you give us all a slight headache with most of your posts...

Zing.

Just playing... congrats!

Edited by Dan T.