Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

So your cousin did or did not have a strong reaction?

He did not have a strong reaction to the 2nd dose. He had just been sharing with me that it had come up in his discussions with Cleveland Clinic. So, for me not to fret about what was happening to me.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Did they wait the full time after the second dose? it's anywhere from 2 to 7 weeks to get the full immunity after the second dose, I think.

There's still a chance one gets it, after all it is "only" 95% effective—it's just great at keeping you out of the hospital if you do get it.

It was more than two weeks, not sure by how much, and she's not symptomatic, so I don't you if it qualifies as having covid or just carrying it.  Really low viral load I was told.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Edited by KAOSkins

Got my first Moderna at 2:15 pm, arm is starting to feel sore in that spot...like a good punch. Guess we'll see how it goes over the next day or so.

I got the shot along with my boss and a coworker, so it will be interesting to compare side effects...and who calls out "sick" first lol.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Metalhead said:

Got my first Moderna at 2:15 pm, arm is starting to feel sore in that spot...like a good punch. Guess we'll see how it goes over the next day or so.

I got the shot along with my boss and a coworker, so it will be interesting to compare side effects...and who calls out "sick" first lol.

For me, the pain went away in 1.5 days. But you're right, that's exactly how I'd describe it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metalhead said:

Same; Moderna at 5:20 pm.  Just a dull ache at this point.  Haven't exercised it at all yet, though.  I should probably change that.

• Like 1

All Maryland adults eligible at mass vaccination sites starting Tuesday

Every Maryland resident 16 and older will be eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccine at one of the state's mass vaccination sites starting Tuesday, April 6, Gov. Larry Hogan announced Monday.

On Monday, April 12, every vaccine provider in the state will be required to offer doses to anyone 16 and older.

The new eligibility expansion represents a significant acceleration of Maryland's vaccination campaign. Hogan previously said that vaccines would not be available to the general public until April 27.

He emphasized that vaccine supply is still limited and may not meet demand.

"Even though we're opening up eligibility for everyone, that does not mean everyone will be able to immediately get an appointment," Hogan said. "With the supply of doses increasing over the next month or so, a vaccine should be available for everyone who wants one."

Marylanders who are 16 or 17 will be required to receive the Pfizer vaccine, which is the only vaccine that has received federal approval for use in that age group.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Same; Moderna at 5:20 pm.  Just a dull ache at this point.  Haven't exercised it at all yet, though.  I should probably change that.

Yeah I've been trying to keep my arm loose and move it around a bit. At this point I am expecting an increase in stiffness and soreness tomorrow.

• Like 1

Biden set to announce all adults eligible for shots April 19

President Joe Biden is set to announce that he’s shaving about two weeks off his May 1 deadline for states to make all adults eligible for coronavirus vaccines.

An administration official confirms with NewsNation that Biden plans to announce that every adult in the U.S. will be eligible to be vaccinated by April 19. Biden will make the announcement at the White House on Tuesday following a visit to a vaccination site in Virginia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I just really hope that people realize that vaccination progress does not mean the pandemic is over yet.  We haven't even come close to vaccinating everyone, yet some are acting as if things should already be back to normal.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I just really hope that people realize that vaccination progress does not mean the pandemic is over yet.  We haven't even come close to vaccinating everyone, yet some are acting as if things should already be back to normal.  

Like the governors who are opening their states 100%. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Nah man. You can hope but that ship has sailed. 

on a different note how different is it to be ahead of schedule vs wading through a daily spew of nonsense like we should consider injecting bleach or light

• Like 3

Vaccine skepticism runs deep among white evangelicals in US

The president of the Southern Baptist Convention, America’s largest evangelical denomination, posted a photo on Facebook last week of him getting the COVID-19 vaccine. It drew more than 1,100 comments — many of them voicing admiration for the Rev. J.D. Greear, and many others assailing him.

Some of the critics wondered if worshippers would now need “vaccine passports” to enter The Summit Church in Durham, North Carolina, where Greear is pastor. Others depicted the vaccines as satanic or unsafe, or suggested Greear was complicit in government propaganda.

The divided reaction highlighted a phenomenon that has become increasingly apparent in recent polls and surveys: Vaccine skepticism is more widespread among white evangelicals than almost any other major bloc of Americans.

In a March poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, 40% of white evangelical Protestants said they likely won’t get vaccinated, compared with 25% of all Americans, 28% of white mainline Protestants and 27% of nonwhite Protestants.

The findings have aroused concern even within evangelical circles. The National Association of Evangelicals, which represents more than 45,000 local churches, is part of a new coalition that will host events, work with media outlets and distribute various public messages to build trust among wary evangelicals.

“The pathway to ending the pandemic runs through the evangelical church,” said Curtis Chang, a former pastor and missionary who founded ChristiansAndTheVaccine.com, the cornerstone of the new initiative, With white evangelicals comprising an estimated 20% of the U.S. population, resistance to vaccination by half of them would seriously hamper efforts to achieve herd immunity, Chang contends.

Stupid people like this will be the ones to keep us from ever getting back to some semblance of normalcy.

• Sad 2