Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

NFL Player cartoon. 

True story. I am doing my initial rotation through the base hospital my first year in the Air Force. I'm rotating through the immunizations clinic. I get stuck there for a couple of weeks. I give a shot to a little kid who just makes a sad face and one little tear from the corner of the eye. Next one in was a 6'4" 225 ish NCO who was ready to pass out just looking at the needle. I told him about the little one before him. Didn't help. I told him,with a bit of disgust,that if he passed out I wasn't going to hold his big ass up. He barely made it. :)

Few more days until I get my first shot. Can't wait.  :headbang:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

I think a lot of people feel guilty about getting in with this condition.

Yea, I struggled with it and actually brought it up with our ethics person at my firm. We decided that (1) the rule is the rule, so it’s not unethical to follow the rule, and (2) every person getting vaccinated reduces the risks for everyone else. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I struggled with it and actually brought it up with our ethics person at my firm. We decided that (1) the rule is the rule, so it’s not unethical to follow the rule, and (2) every person getting vaccinated reduces the risks for everyone else. 

Exactly. If they wanted to make the BMI higher, fine, but they didn't.

Family Guy - 10 items or less - YouTube

Rules is rules, lol.

I didn't even feel the needle, it was over before I knew it. Very fine needle.

Edited to add:  For the anti-vaxxers who think that they will get an RFID along with the vaccine, I give you this picture to use to refute that argument.

FB_IMG_1616370514930.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Anyone willing to drive to Danville right now can get in with 1c if you qualify. I've heard of hordes of UVa students heading that direction. Due to anti-vaxxers, etc., the are literally begging people to go. I've read they're only giving out half of what they have daily.

And with that, my wife and I are getting vaccinated in Danville this Saturday. 

• Like 11

The Loretto Hospital story in Chicago is pretty wild. I had multiple friends tell me over the past few weeks that they were literally vaccinating anyone and were getting over-run with Northsiders.  I felt really uneasy about it because Loretto's in an extremely underserved part of the city, but the fact that they only came under scrutiny after the Trump Tower fiasco is wild.

1 hour ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Exactly. If they wanted to make the BMI higher, fine, but they didn't.

I'm 200lbs and 6' 3" to 6'4" dependent on the day. Who am I kidding, as I get older I'm closer to 6' 3" putting my BMI solidly at 25.0

Our county was going to vaccinate all high school coaches but then decided not to include volunteers. But I think that makes me 1B anyway.

I got the single shot J&J earlier this month.

• Like 7

11 National Guard Soldiers transporting vaccines held at gunpoint in West Texas, suspect arrested

An Arizona man has been arrested after he cut off and held at gunpoint a caravan of National Guardsmen transporting COVID-19 vaccines to Matador, Texas around 7 a.m. this morning, according to Idalou Police.

Larry Harris, of Willcox, Arizona, is accused of following three National Guardsmen vans from Love’s Travel Station on East Regis Street in Lubbock to about two miles east of Idalou. Police say Harris attempted multiple times to run the vans off of the roadway. He then turned his vehicle into oncoming traffic on Hwy. 62/82 and stopped the vans. He then pointed a gun at an unarmed National Guardsman, identified himself as a detective, and demanded to search the vehicles and ordered the rest of the unarmed guardsmen out of their vehicles at gunpoint.

BGH7Y2I7JFG7XCEFGCXZC45W3M.jpg

Saddam?

“Mr. Harris appeared to be mentally disturbed. This was a very dangerous situation since the suspect was standing in the midst of the unarmed Guardsman with a loaded weapon when the Idalou Officers arrived on scene. We are grateful that the officers were able to take him into custody without any of the Guardsmen, the officers or the suspect getting hurt,” said Eric Williams, Idalou Police Chief.

Harris was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, unlawful restraint of 11 National Guard Soldiers, unlawful carrying of a weapon, impersonating a Public Servant, and interference with Texas Military Forces. The Idalou Police Department is currently investigating this incident. The Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the investigation.

None of the Guardsmen were injured and none of them were armed.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

So people have a different reaction to the vaccine, just as we had a different reaction to the virus. I'm kind of wondering if there is a connection. If you have a bad reaction to the vaccine could that not mean you were at more risk of the coronavirus?  If you felt little or nothing after getting the shots might you be in the group that had mild or no COVID symptoms? 

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So people have a different reaction to the vaccine, just as we had a different reaction to the virus. I'm kind of wondering if there is a connection. If you have a bad reaction to the vaccine could that not mean you were at more risk of the coronavirus?  If you felt little or nothing after getting the shots might you be in the group that had mild or no COVID symptoms? 

I don’t think there’s likely a correlation. The vaccines aren’t using weakened or dead virus so the reaction you get to the vaccine shouldn’t be at all reflective of the impact the virus would have. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It is believed that a strong response to the vaccine is an indication that your immune system is reacting. It doesn't mean that it's reacting better if you had very little symptoms, though.

It is also believed that if you have a strong response to shot 1, that you may have been exposed enough for an immune response (like having had Covid) before the shot. 

But with all things in this unprecedented situation, it really hasn't been studied enough. 

• Like 2