Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Your work as an UberEats driver qualifies you as "Food Service" personnel. In VA, that gets you qualified as part of 1B. 

Hang in there. You're in the queue & should have your number called soon. 

In MD I was not considered essential under Phase 1.  My doctor confirmed this and I refused to jump the line.  I hate sitting and waiting for a notification as we are soooo close and want to be more proactive but I can't see spending all day on a Walgreen site.  

Got Moderna No. 1 yesterday. So far just a sore arm, mostly shoulder.

I'm hearing people delaying because they don't want Janssenn vaccine. If you know people who could get it, tell them to. The efficacy numbers are not equivalent and the analysis doesn't get into antibody vs. T-cell response. It's very possible that there are some benefits to JNJ even over the mRNA vaccines.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Cool.  So what do you consider soon?  I’m the coordinator for a very large portion of the Navy and actually participate in the flag-level briefings as well as work on the crafting of the messaging.

Considering all the shots we are getting used up and the % of people every day is going up, i dont think they will consider it mandatory until there is an ample supply left and the number finally plateaus. 

Cool.  So what do you consider soon?  I’m the coordinator for a very large portion of the Navy and actually participate in the flag-level briefings as well as work on the crafting of the messaging.

Considering all the shots we are getting used up and the % of people every day is going up, i dont think they will consider it mandatory until there is an ample supply left and the number finally plateaus. 

Got dose 1 of Pfizer at M&T Bank stadium on March 17 (Luck o’ the Irish), appt for April 12 to get the 2nd (same place). Zero side affects, unless you consider drinking a ton of water a side affect). 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 4

For those who have not gotten shot #1 yet, I got mine Thursday (Pfizer) . Only very mild side effect - sore arm mostly in the area of the shot. Not debilitating at all and was gone by yesterday morning. 

I get #2 3 weeks from tomorrow. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

In MD I was not considered essential under Phase 1.  My doctor confirmed this and I refused to jump the line.  I hate sitting and waiting for a notification as we are soooo close and want to be more proactive but I can't see spending all day on a Walgreen site.  

I've been a server/bartender for almost my entire adult life and wasn't considered "essential" here in GA, either...I waited my turn, they lowered the age of eligibility to 55, I went through the Emory system (all my docs from about 2010 are in the system), and I got scheduled. 

I'm keeping good thoughts for y'all...thanks for all you're doing for the industry. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Don't worry the vaccine will be required by the military and for deployments soon. 

44 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

These two statements don’t seem to agree with each other.

As a strictly personal opinion, I don’t see it being mandatory anytime soon.  Currently, they can’t make it mandatory until it is fully authorized instead of under an emergency authorization.  Once it is fully authorized, we will see if they make it mandatory.  I’d be surprised if they did though unless it somehow becomes less of a political issue.  And for clarity, this is an opinion of what will happen, not what should happen.

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

A friend of mine's son got kicked out of the Navy (he joined after 9/11, after having already been USMC) for refusing the anthrax vaccine. 

As Buzz noted, the difference is whether or not a product is approved.  The COVID-19 vaccine is being administered under emergency use, and is not fully approved, and thus can't bew made mandatory by the military.

With the anthrax vaccine, the military was giving it before it was approved, and was subsequently ordered by a judge to cease administering it until it was approved (Link).

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I thought Montgomery College Germantown Campus was setting up a MassVax cite. No luck there yet or are they still a few days away from starting. 

Looks like they're still working on opening it up.

https://bethesdamagazine.com/bethesda-beat/coronavirus/what-to-know-about-covid-19-vaccine-montgomery-countys-mass-vaccination-site/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't feel like trying these individual sites for CVS or Walgreens after hearing the horror stories, I'll throw my laptop through a window.  

Here's how you do it: log onto the CVS website at 11:55 and fill out all the pre-information. When the clock strikes 12, start typing in your city and nearby city names. Typically you'll find a nearby site pretty quickly right at 12. Then you just set up your appointment with your information.

It was really simple - I was able to get most of my family in Virginia an appointment this way over the weekend.

• Like 4

On 3/21/2021 at 9:20 AM, TheDoyler23 said:

Baltimore MassVax cite may be good, then? 

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/get-vaccine/mtb-stadium

A couple people I know had better luck calling than registering online. 

After reading this I called the number. There did not appear to be a prompt to speak with an agent.  The closest prompt I heard to my situation of being pre-registered but trying to book an appointment by phone was an option to change your pre-registration info. That prompts started with "this is not the number to register for a first appointment".  

So I'm back to being frustrated and I don't want this. I surely don't want to have to stay up until midnight after the MD game when I won't be the sharpest to book on CVS.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How are you feeling after the first dose?  

Just a sore arm. My wife got hers at the same time. She had a slight headache and sore arm, but she took Tylenol and it was gone.

Oh..and my sore arm is nothing to be honest. Not affecting anything.

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Appreciate it.  My wife got the J&J shot and it ****ed her up pretty good for 12 hours.  

That sucks. I believe it definitely differs from person to person as well as different manufacturers.

• Like 2