Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Covid Vaccine Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

 

I approached it differently in that I did not want to lose the weekend... 🙂  So I scheduled mine for a Monday. 

You are smart.

 

I didn't even think about the fact that I will want to play golf on Sunday.  Oh well, I'm a warrior - I'll tough it out.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well got the wife to get it and thank goodness it was Pfizer.  She might have walked on Moderna.  She went back to work. Sore arm and she said her hands were red.  But at least she got it. 

 

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

All my friends got the text message today. 
 

I didn’t get one. 
 

I guess them treating their bodies like **** their whole life so they’re obese with high blood pressure has it’s perks. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tshile said:

All my friends got the text message today. 
 

I didn’t get one. 
 

I guess them treating their bodies like **** their whole life so they’re obese with high blood pressure has it’s perks. 

Worked for me. 

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

saw a stat that 41% of republicans won't get vaccinated

 

Hope it doesn't get them. Dems won swing states with a 1% margin, maybe it'll give Dems a bigger cushion.

 

I'd rather my party lose elections and have everyone get vaccinated than the other way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So we are finally eligible on Tuesday, we refused to jump the line despite being over 60 and of higher risk.  To be honest I have avoided this thread as it got depressing seeing so many get vaccinated as we sit and wait.

 

So I really do not know the next step. I completed the pre-registration form the Governor recommended, I filled out a form with Carroll County who sent me a form for 1c. I hesitate to complete this as I'm a delivery guy for UberEats in retirement and that's not really considered 1c essential.  However on Tuesday we will be eligible.  I'm on the list with my doctor who was told they were getting more vaccines but does not know when or how many. I don't feel like trying these individual sites for CVS or Walgreens after hearing the horror stories, I'll throw my laptop through a window.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry the vaccine will be required by the military and for deployments soon. 

On 3/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, Warhead36 said:

How common is getting sick after the 2nd shot? My 2nd one is April 15th and I'm supposed to play a volleyball tournament(outdoors) two days after but I'm wondering if I should bow out now if its likely I'll be sick at that time.

It really depends. I still have back aches from the shot 1 week later. my sister was out with 101 2 years after.  my parents were tired as hell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So we are finally eligible on Tuesday, we refused to jump the line despite being over 60 and of higher risk.  To be honest I have avoided this thread as it got depressing seeing so many get vaccinated as we sit and wait.

 

So I really do not know the next step. I completed the pre-registration form the Governor recommended, I filled out a form with Carroll County who sent me a form for 1c. I hesitate to complete this as I'm a delivery guy for UberEats in retirement and that's not really considered 1c essential.  However on Tuesday we will be eligible.  I'm on the list with my doctor who was told they were getting more vaccines but does not know when or how many. I don't feel like trying these individual sites for CVS or Walgreens after hearing the horror stories, I'll throw my laptop through a window.  

Your work as an UberEats driver qualifies you as "Food Service" personnel. In VA, that gets you qualified as part of 1B. 

Hang in there. You're in the queue & should have your number called soon. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So we are finally eligible on Tuesday, we refused to jump the line despite being over 60 and of higher risk.  To be honest I have avoided this thread as it got depressing seeing so many get vaccinated as we sit and wait.

 

So I really do not know the next step. I completed the pre-registration form the Governor recommended, I filled out a form with Carroll County who sent me a form for 1c.

 

Baltimore MassVax cite may be good, then? 

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/get-vaccine/mtb-stadium

 

A couple people I know had better luck calling than registering online. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Don't worry the vaccine will be required by the military and for deployments soon. 


What do you consider “soon”?  And what exactly are you basing this opinion on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:


What do you consider “soon”?  And what exactly are you basing this opinion on?

I work at DOD and know of our rates of vaccine deployment and i listen to generals every day about the rate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I work at DOD and know of our rates of vaccine deployment and i listen to generals every day about the rate. 


Cool.  So what do you consider soon?  I’m the coordinator for a very large portion of the Navy and actually participate in the flag-level briefings as well as work on the crafting of the messaging.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...