Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Covid Vaccine Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dose 1 [Moderna) complete. Now to wait 10 or minutes and then go have a ****load of ice cream for lunch. Because I'm am adult, damnit. 

This really took me back...when we were promised ice cream if we "sit still and be good" for the shot we're about to get...:ols: 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

This really took me back...when we were promised ice cream if we "sit still and be good" for the shot we're about to get...:ols: 

 

Well this one was more adult and I'm sticking to it....coffee ice cream with reeses peanut butter cups mixed in. 😋

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Evil Genius said:

 

Well this one was more adult and I'm sticking to it....coffee ice cream with reeses peanut butter cups mixed in. 😋

I like that!  You've inspired me...my trip to Bruster's after my shot is gonna be epic! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife got her first shot today. We should have our second and then two week waiting period by mid to late April.  Planning a celebration.  Was thinking about Cinco de Mayo, but 5/5 is a Wednesday.  Then I had a great idea, I said let’s celebrate Cinco de Ocho!  She had to let me know that actually means fifth of the eight.  Whatever.  Saturday May 8, it’s about to go down.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How long does the soreness last? I got the Moderna shot yesterday morning and my left arm is still in pain.

was 2-3 days for me. the day after being the worst. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

was 2-3 days for me. the day after being the worst. 

 

Same. (pfizer vaccine)

 

Next day was the worst. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my first Pfizer stick at Walgreens, a few hours ago. 

I have slight soreness, similar to the kind I experience with flu shots.  The person who gave the injection suggested moving my arm around, and to take ibuprofen, if experiencing discomfort.

I have been moving my arm around, and popped a couple ibuprofen a short while ago, just in case.  It will be a little sore tomorrow,  if my past experience with flu shots are any indicator.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife has an appt. for her first shot Friday.  But she is balking on me.  Damn social media straight to hell. Gonna be some serious campaigning between now and Friday.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the Johnson & Johnson shot about 2 weeks ago and my arm was sore for about a week other than that I felt tired for a couple of days. I do believe going to the gym and working out really helped out. My wife had the same shot the following Monday and she was sick for a couple of days. Also those who haven't had their second Moderna shot be prepared that their is a possibility that you may be sick for a day a lot of my friends that that had their second Moderna shot got a fever and the chills for a day. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HOF44 said:

My wife has an appt. for her first shot Friday.  But she is balking on me.  Damn social media straight to hell. Gonna be some serious campaigning between now and Friday.  


It’s a simple risk calculation. We know that roughly 1% of people who contract covid will die, with something like 10% suffering longterm effects. There have been tens of millions of vaccine doses given out and nobody has ended up in the hospital from them, absent a few allergic reactions. Whatever perceived risk exists, it’s negligible compared to the risk of the virus. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:


It’s a simple risk calculation. We know that roughly 1% of people who contract covid will die, with something like 10% suffering longterm effects. There have been tens of millions of vaccine doses given out and nobody has ended up in the hospital from them, absent a few allergic reactions. Whatever perceived risk exists, it’s negligible compared to the risk of the virus. 

Well I know that and have told her that.  I received my first shot on the 15th.  But the challenge to logic is real. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

my insurer (Kaiser) called out of the blue and set up an appointment for a shot on Friday.   I hadn't tried to get on any lists yet, thinking that my "tier" wasn't up yet.

 

?

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

my insurer (Kaiser) called out of the blue and set up an appointment for a shot on Friday.   I hadn't tried to get on any lists yet, thinking that my "tier" wasn't up yet.

 

?

 

 

<I don't work for Kaiser in any way>

 

I have to say, my parents have Kaiser since they retired and I've been really impressed with their care.  My dad's had a bunch of unrelated health issues over the past two years and the doctors actually talk to each other and coordinate care, rather that rush him into their procedures first like they would through a PPO.  He had a similar experience to you w the COVID vaccine.  He had a random doctors appointment in early March and they told him he wasn't up yet when he asked about getting vaccinated, then a week later, they scheduled one for him and let him know when to show up.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of the 3 hour tour that was getting my first dose of pfizer today was having a problem with them fiding my appointment due to a cancelation from when I said I wasn't going to get the vaccine the same day as my wife (to avoid the possibility of both of use with reactions at the same time).  I rescheduled to today, but they only had me as missing the first one.  So I went to the "gulag" my second time through the line while they worked with IT to reconcile the two dates.  I had to laugh when the guy yelled up to the guard in front, "this one needs to go to the IT Gulag while they fix his ID."

 

The shot was just another shot in the arm.  It is a little stiff, and I am a bit more tired, but that could be just stress.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

my insurer (Kaiser) called out of the blue and set up an appointment for a shot on Friday.   I hadn't tried to get on any lists yet, thinking that my "tier" wasn't up yet.

 

?

 

I'm Kaiser too and got an appointment for this Sunday. Fauci Ouchie to the rescue!

22 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

 

<I don't work for Kaiser in any way>

 

I have to say, my parents have Kaiser since they retired and I've been really impressed with their care.  My dad's had a bunch of unrelated health issues over the past two years and the doctors actually talk to each other and coordinate care, rather that rush him into their procedures first like they would through a PPO.  He had a similar experience to you w the COVID vaccine.  He had an appointment in early March and they told him he wasn't up yet, then a week later, they scheduled one for him and let him know when to show up.

Kaiser has been by far my favorite insurer. I don't have to wait weeks to get a referral from some outside doctor. Everything is in house. I called my doctors two days to talk about my stomach issues and the next day I was talking to a gastroenterologist, on the 9th I'm getting scoped. It's so seamless and easy.

 

edit. I'm not paid either but if they want to sponsor me I'd wrap my car in a giant Kaiser vinyl. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be late - but here in GA I registered with my cardiologist ( at Emory). Once I was eligible (over 55), I got a text telling me I can call and make an appointment. This was last Friday. 

 

I go tomorrow for the first shot. I filled out a few things on my phone like a consent form and some background information. It's been very easy so far. I get the shot tomorrow. Will see how it goes. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

How long does the soreness last? I got the Moderna shot yesterday morning and my left arm is still in pain.

24 hours for me. Probably a bit less. I was Pfizer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HOF44 said:

My wife has an appt. for her first shot Friday.  But she is balking on me.  Damn social media straight to hell. Gonna be some serious campaigning between now and Friday.  

Mrs Skinsfan is mulling this over too. 

 

She hasn't scheduled an appointment yet, but she's nervous about it.  She doesn't do social media, but doesn't trust the government.   She's also never gotten a flu-shot.    I'll grant that she's prone to getting side affects and, sometimes, they've been very serious, as in, "let's take a trip to the ER" serious, so I understand how she feels.    She's going to consult with our family doctor, who we both trust implicitly, and go from there.

 

We love to travel, internationally, and I told her that many countries may not allow us to enter, until we've been vaccinated.   We'll see...

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

24 hours for me. Probably a bit less. I was Pfizer.

Day two for me, after the Pfizer shot.   It's just a little muscle pain.   Not enough to prevent me from working out.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...