Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

For some, sure. 

For many? I doubt it. Most of these people, in my experience, wear their opinion on this on their sleeve and are proud to show it to anyone willing to look. 

they think they’re clever, or smarter, or more aware of how the world “really” works. They don’t seem to get the rest of us listen to them and go “oh ok, you’re one of those people, noted” 

A friend posted this on FB from over the weekend. Even in liberal parts of California (e.g. Santa Cruz), these ****tards exists.

FB-IMG-1615828358493.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That shirt has to be satire lolol

Left arm starting to feel sore

Sore arm: keep using it as you usually do, don't baby it. It helps move the vaccine from the injection site to throughout your body. This is for any vaccine shot in the muscle.

I get my second Pfizer shot on the 26th. I hear that this one has more impact on the body. I plan on having plenty of food I can warm in the microwave and no activities except taking care of Dancer for a few days. It's a Friday so I don't usually do anything on the weekends anyway when more people are out and about.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

A friend posted this on FB from over the weekend. Even in liberal parts of California (e.g. Santa Cruz), these ****tards exists.

FB-IMG-1615828358493.jpg

It seems like every medical/science issue is becoming a repeat of the Climate change dilemma.  How do you get people to believe something, and truly be invested in being part of the solution when they........aren't literally dropping dead at this very second from the problem? It's like there is no evidence out there that will change their mind, hell last year when hospitalization rates were raging up there were stories of people literally laid up in ICU beds from Covid that refused to believe that was actually why they were there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is also why this "tiered system" is a bit frustrating to those of us who want to get vaccinated ASAP but have to sit around and wait.  57% of Adult GOP don't want to get vaccinated? Dumb, but fine whatever, can I take their spot?  No? Cool......ugh.

• Like 4

I was hesitant at first until more people were vaccinated and there weren't a significant number of deaths or horrendous side effects associated with the vaccines. Maybe summertime. Then Gov Abbott, a Neanderthal of epic proportions, let float that Texas was opening up 100% soon. That scared me because there are already a goodly number of Texans that refuse to act responsibly. So I signed up to the county waitlist and was already signed up through my medical center, which came through in the nick of time. I'm glad I will be fully vaccinated by the end of next week.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is also why this "tiered system" is a bit frustrating to those of us who want to get vaccinated ASAP but have to sit around and wait.  57% of Adult GOP don't want to get vaccinated? Dumb, but fine whatever, can I take their spot?  No? Cool......ugh.

ya, you just have to hope that the organizers are quick enough to adjust the rules on the spot if they end up with more supply than demand. probably a part of the reason (besides increased supply) why once we got past the top tier (nursing homes/75+/medical), things have really picked up. seems like we went from that tier to now (all ages if you have a pre-existing condition) pretty quickly.

also a good reason to sign up for those leftover vaccine notifications if people dont show up to appointments

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That scared me because there are already a goodly number of Texans that refuse to act responsibly. So I signed up to the county waitlist and was already signed up through my medical center, which came through in the nick of time. I'm glad I will be fully vaccinated by the end of next week.

Yep, because what the young & healthy don't understand is that while they likely are less prone to extreme reaction, hospitalization, and/or death from covid, they are prime real estate not just as carriers but also where the virus will fester and mutate.  The folks that covid does not kill can end up responsible for mutations of new strains and who knows what that could mean in a country that the majority is still not vaccinated in?

• Like 1

Got my 2nd Pfizer dose Sunday.  Not sure how I became eligible honestly, but they said I was so I took them.

I haven't had a lot of problems with either shot.  My shoulder was more sore after the 2nd one than a normal shot/vaccine, and I had some odd dreams Sunday night.  I took some ibuprofen for the shoulder Sunday night and Monday.  Feel fine today.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2