Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Covid Vaccine Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It's more Fran, than me.   I can work remotely, but she cannot and has precious little vacation time.    I have ****-tons of time, and can certainly afford it.   

 

The main issue is that, when I expressed the desire to go to the Caribbean without her, it was stricken down, with extreme prejudice😅     I miss the blue water, the soft sand, the gentle breezes and the island vibe....

Just tell her an old friend owns a business and needs help and you'll probably be stuck there the entire time. 

 

Just don't mention it's a bar a block from the best beaches in the world :ols:

 

Sandy Point (the beach at the end of Shawshank) is just down the road.  :D

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Just tell her an old friend owns a business and needs help and you'll probably be stuck there the entire time. 

 

Just don't mention it's a bar a block from the best beaches in the world :ols:

 

Sandy Point (the beach at the end of Shawshank) is just down the road.  :D

 

 

STOP!  You're actually helping talk me into this nonsense!  :ols: 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are making me depressed right now making me think that the last time I was out of the country was literally a year ago when I went to St. Thomas March 9th.  

 

I need to experience that clear blue caribbean water to get my mind straight.  I cannot wait to go there in May.  

 

This is going to be the view from my bedroom balcony for 8 nights.

 

85e2cdc3.f10.jpg

 

6fe6a859.f10.jpg

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I feel the same way about the assholes who are letting undocumented immigrants flood into the country in spite of being the positive COVID tests.  My fear is that any progress made fighting this pandemic will be short-lived by this dangerous policy.   I stay on the sidelines for 99.9% of the political BS, but the open borders in the South, scares the BeJesus out of me.  


Don't forget, handing them voter ID cards, in multiple names, too. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I feel the same way about the assholes who are letting undocumented immigrants flood into the country in spite of being the positive COVID tests.  My fear is that any progress made fighting this pandemic will be short-lived by this dangerous policy.   I stay on the sidelines for 99.9% of the political BS, but the open borders in the South, scares the BeJesus out of me.  

 

Who exactly are these assholes allowing illegals to enter the country illegally?  I mean there will always be some who get in but the last time I checked we still have border patrol officers. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I feel the same way about the assholes who are letting undocumented immigrants flood into the country in spite of being the positive COVID tests.  My fear is that any progress made fighting this pandemic will be short-lived by this dangerous policy.   I stay on the sidelines for 99.9% of the political BS, but the open borders in the South, scares the BeJesus out of me.  

 

Trump Republican talking point that's getting old and stale.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw I dont think bragging about never getting the flu shot helps anyone. A lot of people with compromised pulmonary systems don't really have a good choice to avoid it. If everyone got the shot, we could likely cut down the # of yearly cases by 45-50% (which is thr approximate effectiveness of the flu shot each year) and keep those people who can't afford to catch it safer. 


May be more than that, given what we know about the exponential growth of respiratory viruses. The flu kills tens of thousands of people in this country every year, mostly elderly and children. If we got over 90% vaccinated against the flu every year (maybe with some adoption of indoor mask wearing during winter months), I’m guessing we could reduce the spread of the virus substantially and eliminate the vast majority of fatalities. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Who exactly are these assholes allowing illegals to enter the country illegally?  I mean there will always be some who get in but the last time I checked we still have border patrol officers. 

 

32 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

Trump Republican talking point that's getting old and stale.

Sorry folks!

 

I will not engage...my post was not intended to ruffle any feathers and clearly does not belong in this thread.

 

🍻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Still seeing the target date for my eligibility tier as March 15th.  I hope it holds.  I am so ready.

 

Which tier? Edit..nevermind I read up on it in the covid ca eligibility site....I can get it via Rite Aid right now (being a public health employee) but I'm struggling with the implications of that being the only place doing it for that broad of group in California currently.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Still seeing the target date for my eligibility tier as March 15th.  I hope it holds.  I am so ready.

Yeah us too. We have been patient but hearing about all these people getting vaccinated as we sit and wait is getting frustrating.  We're Phase 2 is that what you are referring to?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see target dates.  They are telling me they are still scheduling people who registered on January 21st.  I registered on January 25th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah us too. We have been patient but hearing about all these people getting vaccinated as we sit and wait is getting frustrating.  We're Phase 2 is that what you are referring to?  

 

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't think Virginia will give you a target date, but please someone let me know if I'm wrong.  

 

4 minutes ago, China said:

I don't see target dates.  They are telling me they are still scheduling people who registered on January 21st.  I registered on January 25th.

 

He's only referring to California.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.alxnow.com/2021/03/09/inova-to-launch-new-vaccine-clinic-inside-revamped-victory-center/

 

Quote

The long-vacant Victory Center (5001 Eisenhower Avenue) has found new, temporary life as a major vaccination hub for Inova Health Systems that will open by the end of March.

 

The new center is the end result of what officials described as a “Herculean effort” at collaboration between Fairfax County, the City of Alexandria and Inova.

 

“There is palpable hope and excitement,” said Alexandria Mayor Justin Wilson, echoing earlier comments from the first vaccination event at ACPS. “The beginning of the end is here.”

 

The long vacant, unfinished interior office of the Victory Center was reconfigured and redesigned to support the mass-vaccination usage, with rows and rows of stations between the unfinished furnishings that are a reminder of the building’s former disuse.

 

Dr. Stephen Jones, President and CEO of Inova, said the facility will open by the end of the month with the expectation of dispensing 6,000 vaccines per day, provided those vaccines are available. That could double if the supply of doses increase, though Jones said he is wary of making predictions on vaccine availability.

 

While the project is a major boost to the region’s capacity, leaders recognized that the choke point remains supply.

“Supply continues to be our greatest limiting factor,” said Jones.

 

Wilson said earlier that the city is receiving roughly 3,000 doses weekly, which includes second doses for those who already had their first. This is an increase over the 2,000 weekly doses the city had been receiving, but still means that it could be late summer before many residents get vaccinated at the current rate. Many teachers are still struggling to get access to vaccines even as they’re expected to return to school, and the city just opened the current phase of vaccination to restaurant workers.

 

Jeff McKay, Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, said Fairfax also recently increased its vaccine supply and expects more in the coming weeks. McKay noted that the new facility is designed to meet a potential increase in supply to prevent vaccines from going unused.

 

“Roughly half of Fairfax County residents are currently eligible for the vaccine,” said McKay. “We get 19,000 doses every week, which is up from 13,000 weeks ago. We were told by the [state] to expect a major increase in doses in the coming weeks. We want to have the infrastructure to take care of those doses. We can’t control the dosage, but what is in our control is capacity.”

 

“We’ve seen areas where the vaccine has sat unused, but that’s not true in Northern Virginia,” Jones added. “We want to be sure that doesn’t happen.”

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hogan lifting a bunch of restrictions as of 5pm on Friday.

 

Not sure what the rush is at this point.  I just don't understand that mentality.

 

I'm glad that counties can also make up their own rules.  Montgomery County appears to not really laxing much on their rules.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, China said:

I don't see target dates.  They are telling me they are still scheduling people who registered on January 21st.  I registered on January 25th.

The 23rd and 24th registrations are really light (it was a weekend).  They got through the 20th fairly quickly.  I wouldn’t be surprised if you find out during the 2nd week of the tournament.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

 

Sorry folks!

 

I will not engage...my post was not intended to ruffle any feathers and clearly does not belong in this thread.

 

🍻

 

You know, as a resident of 69 here in Texas I am infinitely more scared of the Republican state leadership and what they aren't doing to protect us citizens from the spread Covid than the few immigrants who might cross into the United States. I expect to see another long lasting spike in infections and deaths starting within the next two weeks.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

You know, as a resident of 69 here in Texas I am infinitely more scared of the Republican state leadership and what they aren't doing to protect us citizens from the spread Covid than the few immigrants who might cross into the United States. I expect to see another long lasting spike in infections and deaths starting within the next two weeks.

I agree. The open beaches for "Spring Break" have the potential to make things significantly worse than where we are. 

FFS - a few more months, people. We're getting close to getting this under control. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

Trump Republican talking point that's getting old and stale.

Somehow magicaly the border is open on those years when a democrat is in office. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Somehow magicaly the border is open on those years when a democrat is in office. 

 

Somehow magically the deficit rises and nary is said when a Republican is in office, yet when a Democrat is in office, suddenly the deficit is too high and Democrats must pay all attention to lowering it by cutting services for actual human beings. 

 

This is what the Republicans supported in times of Eisenhower. Look familiar? This was before the John Birch Society and fascists took over the Republicans and also became the Cult of Trump.

 

 

FB_IMG_1612361627123.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...