Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

On 10/22/2021 at 6:25 PM, NoCalMike said:

The best part about these anti-vaccine "moral stances" is that as soon as they leave their job they walk right over to Daily Wire or Prager U or Federalist or any other right-wing media company which pretty much sums up the fact that to them the vaccine is indeed about politics, not science.

• Haha 2

FYI for anyone interested: I got the Pfizer booster yesterday around 6pm.  It is now 9:15pm the following day and the booster made gave me side effects about halfway intense between the 1st & 2nd shot.  The sore arm was about the same level, and I did experience some minor cramping and fatigue for a good portion of the day, but it was not as much as from the 2nd shot.   The only pain remaining my arm is at the actual injection spot, otherwise I can lift arm over my head and experience little to no pain from full lateral movement. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So for those who've gotten the booster already, are you mixing or getting the same brand (acknowledging J&J requires a different brand booster)? 

I got 3rd dose of Pfizer. It came out a week later that we could mix and match.

Up to 12,000 Air Force personnel have rejected vaccine orders: report

About 12,000 Air Force personnel have declined to get vaccinated for COVID-19, causing many officials to question how to address the considerable opposition without causing significant challenges and setbacks within the military, The Washington Post reported.

Officials had warned that if military personnel do not receive the COVID-19 vaccination, they will be subjected to punishment, including possible dismissal from service or receiving a charge from the military justice system, the Post wrote. The deadline for complying with the mandate is Tuesday.

However, with such a significant amount of service members rejecting the vaccine mandate, officials are faced with a dilemma: take action against those who rejected the mandate and possibly face serious setbacks within units that should be ready for a crisis, or go back on a wide-scale requirement established in August by the top military leaders.

If they choose to discipline those who reject the mandate, the wave of dismissals could cause the military to be unprepared in a time of crisis, as many jobs on the line include pilots and aircraft maintainers, according to the Post.

Click on the link for the full article

19 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So for those who've gotten the booster already, are you mixing or getting the same brand (acknowledging J&J requires a different brand booster)? 

They happily gave me a second dose of J&J.

Am I now unvaccinated?

Edited by Corcaigh

34 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

My mistake.  I had thought J&J required a different booster.

Some reports say the immune response is higher by mixing but others say that’s not the only measure, and if the first one didn’t have side effects you might as well repeat,

Not getting the Pfizer one can reduce the risk of an awkward  four-hour erection as a side-effect.

23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Got pfizer in April, on my way to get Moderna right now. 

Edit: Scratch that, the pharmacist talked me into sticking with pfizer. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2