Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

8 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

My mom got the moderna booster on Saturday and said the side effects mirrored the second dose. Fever, chills, etc set in around the 12 hour mark and lasted a little less than a day. 

I just got mine today....approaching the 12 hour mark soon, but nothing major so far. I hope I don't get the side effects I had with the 2nd shot where I felt like I got hit by a train :ols: 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who would like to see a response post to each of the pictures of firefighters or police officers leaving their hats/helmets/boots on the steps of a monument where the ones left are put next to a different color item for each of the people in the profession who died from COVID?

Also for all those bemoaning buying the child doses before approved, if one truly expects their approval, we need to work on the role out administration now.  If not, we will spend more weeks planning for role out and doing it AFTER the approval.  There is an old saying, "Those who fail to prepare for success, plan to fail."  This was my concern when we were working on developing a vaccine.  We didn't have a plan to administer them and wasted time setting up max vax sites and distribution plans for the states.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

To get the booster now you need to have some sort of underlying medical condition or be a high risk worker, etc, correct?

Moderna and Pfizer over 65+ or with high risk job:Front line workers, 1st responders, Teachers or have a underlying condition. 6 months after dose

J&J: Everyone 2 months after dose.

you can mix and match

now places will not ask to prove your condition. So, if you want one and your 6 months out, you can get it with no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mistertim said:

To get the booster now you need to have some sort of underlying medical condition or be a high risk worker, etc, correct?

My only criteria was 6 months after the first J&J shot.

But being a high-risk sex worker also would have qualified me.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Wife originally got J&J and got a Moderna booster Saturday.  It wiped her out pretty good, but not as bad as her J&J shot. 

Wife stayed on Pfizer. Booster wiped her out hard. Same as second shot. 

same for everyone she works with. 

36 minutes ago, just654 said:

Moderna and Pfizer over 65+ or with high risk job:Front line workers, 1st responders, Teachers or have a underlying condition. 6 months after dose

J&J: Everyone 2 months after dose.

you can mix and match

now places will not ask to prove your condition. So, if you want one and your 6 months out, you can get it with no problem.

Oh ****. I somehow missed that difference originally. I can get my booster then!

thanks!

(confirmed on cdc’s website

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p1021-covid-booster.html
)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Alabama governor orders state agencies to fight federal vaccine mandate

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey on Monday signed an executive order directing state agencies to not enforce federal coronavirus vaccine mandates, and instead cooperate with the state's attorney general to sue the Biden administration over the requirements.

The big picture: No government entity shall impose any agreement demanding that an employee get vaccinated, the Republican governor's executive order says. It adds that state employees will not be required to present vaccination proof to receive any sort of government service or to enter a government building.

Click on the link for the full article

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Planning on getting my booster next week. I've heard side effects are similar to the 2nd shot(Moderna).

I'd say it was a milder version of the 2nd shot (Moderna) for me. Had the same chills feeling at 12 hours, then woke up feeling groggy. Took a nap at lunch time and was normal by dinner time

I got the J&J shot back in March. I think I'm going to get the Pfizer booster Sunday (this link doesn't provide a link to the NIH study):

Preliminary results from a new study funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) found that people who were boosted with a shot different from their original vaccine saw a spike in antibody levels, which is one measure of immune response. In particular, J&J vaccine recipients who were boosted with either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine saw an increase in antibody levels much higher than those boosted with the J&J vaccine. What’s more, no safety concerns were identified. 

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2021/covid-booster-shot.html