Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Honestly some of the best people I know are from West Virginia. 

Spent a lot of time there as the border was like five minutes from the house I lived in during high school. Harper's Ferry n Charles Town were common destinations for my friends n I when we'd ditch school. Which was a lot. 

Yea, a lot of good folk in WV.  Some great friends for life still live in WV.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Pfft I had the chicken pox twice. American and Canadian. 😑

My doctor asked awhile back if I'd ever had the chicken pox vaccine. Nope got em in Canada six years before it was available. He said he doesn't even see cases of it anymore. 

Was the Canadian chicken pox nicer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The whole COVID thing reminds me of the Obama quote (paraphrase) "so angry and bitter people cling to their values."

I can't imagine being so anti-government/"pro freedom" that when the government develops a safe and effective vaccine in the face of a generational pandemic (at least), you would rather die at the hands of the pandemic, than trust the government. 

This is decades of brainwashing at work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The whole COVID thing reminds me of the Obama quote (paraphrase) "so angry and bitter people cling to their values."

I can't imagine being so anti-government/"pro freedom" that when the government develops a safe and effective vaccine in the face of a generational pandemic (at least), you would rather die at the hands of the pandemic, than trust the government. 

This is decades of brainwashing at work. 

I'm curious how many of today's COVID anti-vaxxers are the true-blue OG anti-vaxxers who are anti-government conspiracy theorists and have been for a long time and how many are just newer MAGAs who are only anti-government when Trump isn't in office and who mindlessly follow whatever he says and does.

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not really. 

Oh I certainly dont disagree with it. That was one of those colloquialisms that I use that I don't realize comes of literal to other people until it does. 

Basically I was saying tough nuggets 

• Like 1

United Airlines says it's down to only 232 employees who face termination for defying its COVID-19 vaccine mandate for 67,000 workers

United Airlines says the number of employees defying its vaccine mandate has dropped further.

The number first fell from 593 to 320 and has now fallen lower still to 232 workers.

The company had set a September 27 deadline for its 67,000 US employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Click on the link for the full article

On 9/30/2021 at 9:39 AM, China said:

Los Angeles' proposed new vaccine requirements would be one of the strictest yet, requiring people to get the shots to enter malls, movie theaters, and hair salons

Los Angeles leaders are considering new COVID-19 vaccine requirements that would be one of the strictest yet, requiring people to get the shots to enter malls, movie theaters, and hair salons, the Los Angeles Times reported on Tuesday.

The proposal also includes tanning salons, skin care businesses, tattoo and piercing shops, massage therapy settings, arcades, pool halls and bowling alleys, the report said.

It would require attendees of outdoor events with more than 5,000 people to prove vaccination or show a negative virus test as of November 4, the report said.

Los Angeles County announced 1,147 new cases were reported on Tuesday, a decline from the daily numbers earlier this year.

Public health officials however are still expressing caution.

"We've been here before. During early fall 2020, community transmission was low until, then, it wasn't," L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer told the LA Times. "Last winter was brutal, and given the unpredictability of the virus and the variants, we need to accelerate the pace of vaccinations since this is the most effective tool we have to prevent another deadly surge."

The proposed mandate follows a less strict one from earlier in September, which requires proof of vaccination against COVID-19 for indoor bars, breweries, lounges, wineries, and nightclubs, Insider previously reported.

Los Angeles Officials Vote To Require Proof Of Vaccination At Movie Theaters, Concert & Sports Venues, Restaurants; Fines Up To $5000

“No one will force you to get a vaccine, but if you decide not to get one, there are certain things you will not be able to do,” said Los Angeles City Council President Nury Martinez about a vote taken today that will require people to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination before entering indoor entertainment venues.

The amendment to the city ordinance passed today with 11 “ayes” and two “nays.” Councilmen Joe Buscaino and John Lee were the dissenters. Two other members were absent for the vote.

Ordinances need unanimous approval upon their first reading. Supervisor Buscaino invoked the council’s Rule 39 on the first reading last week, which allowed him to withhold the unanimous consent required to pass the ordinance. That meant potential approval would be delayed to this week.

• Like 5

The county also agreed to delay the photo ID requirement for people ages 18 and over until Nov. 1, which aligns with the city’s date. People still will have to provide the vaccination/testing verification beginning Oct. 7.

Meh without the ID requirement the vax cards are useless. You can just print any one out n show it. 😒

On 10/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, Sticksboi05 said:

Fear not people, I may have tested positive for COVID-19 but much better than:

-polio

-measles

-mumps

-rubella

-diptheria

- tuberculosis

- tetanus

- too old for chickenpox but it exists

- see where this is going

What testing did you do?  Rapid or PCR?

I’ve been feeling “not great” with mild symptoms this week and went out to CVS to try the at home rapid test.  First one is negative.  I’m just not sure how reliable they are.

Has this someone had covid? The thinking is that one dose is probably good enough if they've already been infected and recovered. 

If they haven't already had the covid then the one Pfizer shot is wasted. The likelihood of infection remains fairly high.

I'd tell them don't be a dumbass go get the second shot either way. 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What would you say to someone who has gotten one (1) Pfizer shot, but will not be getting the second one, citing concerns about "long term side effects"?

I definitely have thoughts, but will keep them to myself for now.  

As in hypothetical long term side effects or are they having effects from the first shot?