Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

My state says that I am eligible by virtue of where I work (manufacturing sector) and health conditions. But the hospital I'm signing up at isn't honoring those, they are keeping it to 65+ even though on their website it explicitly says 16–64 with qualifying medical conditions can schedule a vaccine.

What say ye?

48 hours after 2nd dose of Pfizer I'm still feeling some side effects.  

Yesterday I had flu like symptoms all day, mild like 2/3 out of 10.  In the evening after I finished working I felt very tired along with the headache/blah feeling.  After I ate dinner that went away and I almost felt fine.  Then when I woke up at 12:30am to feed my son I definitely had a fever.  I just felt very hot and had a headache.  The headache was probably also due to sleeping 90 minutes before waking up to feed my son.

This morning I felt okay and had a very minor headache.  I also felt a little bit like a cold was coming on, with little bit of post nasal drip, but I get that a lot my whole life with asthma/allergies and sinus issues.  I went to the gym at 9:30am and half way through felt fatigued way more than I should have and had a headache.  Now at home I still have a minor headache and head feels heavy.  I'd say now I feel like 1/2 out of 10 as far as the symptoms feelings go.

Hoping tonight and by tomorrow I feel back to normal.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 9:05 AM, EmirOfShmo said:

I need to re-state my point: At CVS, you have to be over 65 to get an appointment. They specifically ask your age & if under 65 you can't make an appointment. I haven't made it to the point of trying to make an appointment at the other pharmacies.

If Kroger didn't ask your age, you should be good to go. Did they have you setup appointment #2 at the time you made the 1st appointment? 

Correct. Booked both at Kroger. Was just saying CVS in PA are doing 1b with no age requirement as a back up plan. That being said I think we’re good at Kroger. Lots of 1b friends got in just like we did and Kroger just asked for their insurance info and said pull up your sleeve. 

• Like 1

Side effect of Moderna vaccine may be a delayed skin rash, doctors warn

An itchy rash may be a side effect of receiving the Moderna vaccine, doctors said.

About 12 recipients in a 30,000-person trial have seen their arms turn red, sore, itchy or swollen about a week after receiving the first dose, according to a letter from doctors published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Click on the link for the full article

7 hours ago, China said:

Side effect of Moderna vaccine may be a delayed skin rash, doctors warn

An itchy rash may be a side effect of receiving the Moderna vaccine, doctors said.

About 12 recipients in a 30,000-person trial have seen their arms turn red, sore, itchy or swollen about a week after receiving the first dose, according to a letter from doctors published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Click on the link for the full article

I had this rash, it wasnt sore or itchy. Just a red rash at injection site. I didnt even notice it. My wife did and about 3 days later it was gone. 

I'm seeing J&J vaccine appointments at Target & CVS on Saturday forward here in Virginia. 

I had to self-quarantine this week as I was exposed to someone positive last Friday. Got my PCR results today - negative. But, one of the vaccine questions asks if you've been exposed to anyone positive in the past 14 days. If so, can't get the vaccine. So....even if the open up 1b next week I have to wait until Saturday March 13th at the earliest. 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, Elessar78 said:

My state says that I am eligible by virtue of where I work (manufacturing sector) and health conditions. But the hospital I'm signing up at isn't honoring those, they are keeping it to 65+ even though on their website it explicitly says 16–64 with qualifying medical conditions can schedule a vaccine.

What say ye?

Time for a little persuasion.  An email to your state rep or city council person.  Worked for me.  53 with an underlying condition.  If you know anyone who works at your DOH that is another option.  It's mildly hinky that it works that way, but it does.  

I got the Pfizer vaccine. Steady line of patients getting their first shot. My arm is a bit sore at the injection site and I'm really thirsty. So I'm drinking lots of water. The medical center just received out of the blue a bunch of doses. I get the second shot in 3 weeks. What with Abbott shenanigans, I'm glad I got it. Very glad.

• Like 10

In MD, I was able to call and get apt for my wife at 6 flags.  I did not schedule mine because it would have been the same day.  We want to space ours out to prevent hardship if we both should have the reactions at the same time.  So I will wait 2 days and try again.  On a Sunday, if the phone line is open, I may have success.  I would suggest calling the MD vaccine line if you qualify and are struggling to get an apt. 

Also, the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/462938984877900 is a great resource.  I know other states have similar too, so if you need and qualify for a vaccine, use social media to help you find your way.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The secret of the Walgreens booking is apparently to book it at like after midnight. If anyone is in MD and eligible it let just schedule 2 doses.

Not this Marylander. 

We don't have any available appointments coming up within your area.

You can change the location or check back soon!
Appointment availability updates hourly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Not this Marylander. 

We don't have any available appointments coming up within your area.

You can change the location or check back soon!
Appointment availability updates hourly.

They dropping it at weird hours it seems. Woke up at 12:30am and randomly checked and was able to book for Monday. Checked again at 6 and there were 2 total slots in 25 miles. They might drop again tonight for Tuesday appointments. 

• Like 2