Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hate to be this guy but its going to be interesting (not enjoyable or anything like that) to see exactly what happens to Texas, and then if anything happens because of those results. 

They are basically the nations test case now. Which is unfortunate for them, but its not MD or VA so......ok I guess. 

My assumption is in the long run this ends up turning Texas blue. I do wonder his rationality though. I want to think hes doing it for political power, but that seems like a dumb idea. And so maybe hes doing it for money some how? But that's just all speculation really. What's not speculation is this is going to ****ing kill people. I don't know how he doesn't understand that and the ramifications of it by now. 

When playing to the childish petulance of your party becomes de rigueur, doesn't a good man try to change the party rather than play along?  WTF is wrong with these people?

'I should have gotten the damn vaccine': Las Vegas father of 5 dies from COVID-19

Freedy went to the hospital for what he thought was a severe sunburn. He tested positive for COVID-19.

Freedy sent her a text message while in the hospital it said, ““I should have gotten the damn vaccine.”

Thursday morning, Freedy died with DuPreez by his side.

“He is only 39. Our babies now don't have a dad. You can't say I am young and it won't affect me because it will,” DuPreez said.

Freedy was not vaccinated for COVID-19.

“We wanted to wait just one year from the release to see what effects people had, but there was never any intention to not get it,” DuPreez said. That is a decision she said she will always regret and has now gotten the shot along with their oldest child.

Click on the link for the full article

Two travellers from U.S. fined $20,000 each for fake vaccination documents

Two travellers who arrived in Toronto from the United States have been fined for providing fake COVID-19 proof of vaccination documents and lying about pre-departure tests.

The Public Health Agency of Canada says the travellers also didn’t comply with requirements to stay at a government-authorized hotel or to get tested upon arrival.

The agency says in a news release Friday that the travellers arrived last week and have been handed four fines totalling $19,720 each.

Canada eased quarantine requirements on July 5 for fully vaccinated Canadians and foreign nationals with an exemption to enter the country, but they must upload their proof of vaccination documents to the ArriveCAN app before entry.

Those who are not fully vaccinated are still required to stay for three days at a government-approved hotel, quarantine for 14 days and undergo tests pre-departure, post-arrival and eight days later.

The public health agency is warning that all travellers are obligated to answer questions truthfully and that providing false information or documents to government officials upon entry to Canada is a serious offence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, China said:

'I should have gotten the damn vaccine': Las Vegas father of 5 dies from COVID-19

Freedy went to the hospital for what he thought was a severe sunburn. He tested positive for COVID-19.

Freedy sent her a text message while in the hospital it said, ““I should have gotten the damn vaccine.”

Thursday morning, Freedy died with DuPreez by his side.

“He is only 39. Our babies now don't have a dad. You can't say I am young and it won't affect me because it will,” DuPreez said.

Freedy was not vaccinated for COVID-19.

“We wanted to wait just one year from the release to see what effects people had, but there was never any intention to not get it,” DuPreez said. That is a decision she said she will always regret and has now gotten the shot along with their oldest child.

What did he die from?

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

What did he die from?

He said, and I quote: “I should have gotten the damn vaccine.”

I am gonna go on a limb here and say it was from this pesky virus called covid-19 that has been around for over a year now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Do we really need a news article on every "breakthrough" vaccinated person that tested positive for the virus....whoever said you can't get covid by getting the vaccine? why is this even headline news?.....

And now the CDC is saying the delta variant is passed as easily by the vaxed as it is by unvaxed.  News like that doesn't exactly get people rushing out to get jabbed.

52 minutes ago, mojo said:

And now the CDC is saying the delta variant is passed as easily by the vaxed as it is by unvaxed.  News like that doesn't exactly get people rushing out to get jabbed.

If you’re blaming “vaccine hesitancy” on the CDC, you’re doing it wrong.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you’re blaming “vaccine hesitancy” on the CDC, you’re doing it wrong.

Obviously not blaming the CDC…but for those who are hesitant, you hear “you can still get it and pass it as easy as an unvaccinated person”, I think many are saying, what’s the point?

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

Obviously not blaming the CDC…but for those who are hesitant, you hear “you can still get it and pass it as easy as an unvaccinated person”, I think many are saying, what’s the point?

But we know “the point”.  Or do you not know “the point”?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

But we know “the point”.  Or do you not know “the point”?

I’ve been vaccinated so save your lecture for someone who cares.  Just trying to explain part of the reason for so many unvaccinated 

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

I’ve been vaccinated so save your lecture for someone who cares.  Just trying to explain part of the reason for so many unvaccinated 

Cool, will do.  And may I ask you to save your lecture about how the CDC is to blame for our low national vaccination rate?

Because, yknow, it’s completely fraudulent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

a couple of tidbits

while lollapalooza has been requiring either a neg covid test within the last 72 hrs or a fully vaxxed card, they also added today a restriction today that masks are mandatory in all the inside venues now (no word on how they'd enforce)

and in one of the hard hit georgia counties they are having comparative success with the first new event in that county for vaxing in a while and they're giving away 50$ gift cards...in the first two hours they had over 200 people (signficant in context) and the lines were still steady and growing at the time of report...they said people mainly talked about needing the money for school supplies and gas

• Like 1