Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can WFT beat the Steelers?

One of the game time stats said something about Ben having the most completes in the NFL this year when throwing in less than 2.5 seconds.  That will neutralize our pass rush.  Also, in this game, their run D on stretch plays look real good.

1 minute ago, ILikeBilly said:

One of the game time stats said something about Ben having the most completes in the NFL this year when throwing in less than 2.5 seconds.  That will neutralize our pass rush.  Also, in this game, their run D on stretch plays look real good.

Ben is going to abuse our linebackers.

• Sad 1

With a month of the regular season left, I wonder how many more instances like this game the NFL is willing to go through versus ending the season early, going into a bubble and emerging with starting the playoffs with how the divisions stand at the time of the closing down?  If so, that 2nd loss to the Giants will feel even worse.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

With a month of the regular season left, I wonder how many more instances like this game the NFL is willing to go through versus ending the season early, going into a bubble and emerging with starting the playoffs with how the divisions stand at the time of the closing down?  If so, that 2nd loss to the Giants will feel even worse.

They'll play all the games. Leaving too much revenue on the table otherwise. 

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Ben is going to abuse our linebackers.

Yeah, watching the Ravens linebackers today, they were playing very off-coverage.  Every single pass caught around 3-4 yards seemed to have wide open field ahead of them.  The defense is going to have to make a big effort to not allow big runs on 1st down setting up the 2nd and short(ish) stuff.  

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Ben's going to get crushed in a vice made by Young & Sweat..

I hope so! But not if he's getting the ball out quick. Fortunately, Cam Kurl has come on strong in the SS spot so if they want to lean on short, quick routes he should be able to come down and help the backers. Also helps that Holcomb plays well coming downhill. It'll be a challenge but if our offense can put some long drives together and keep the D rested, we have a chance! 

Damn. Hate to see a guy tear his ACL on a random play in garbage time. Obviously has implications for our game next week though.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I mean, i doubt that happens before Sunday, if it does at all, and we’ll be right back in 1st place by 7:30 Sunday night (cause the giants aren’t beating Seattle, and the eagles aren’t beating the packers).

first place is likely going to go back & forth between anyone in our division a couple more times before the season is over 

22 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Ben's going to get crushed in a vice made by Young & Sweat..

Dunno...most of the Ravens game Ben was throwing it so fast that Young and Sweat won't get there if they don't get a darn good jump.  Worried we're gonna see a lot of the same.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
18 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Dunno...most of the Ravens game Ben was throwing it so fast that Young and Sweat won't get there if they don't get a darn good jump.  Worried we're gonna see a lot of the same.

Steelers game plan for the WFT is obviously going to different, but if that's true, the LB's and CB's are going to have to be on their game and the that's asking a lot from the WFT back 7

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, i doubt that happens before Sunday, if it does at all, and we’ll be right back in 1st place by 7:30 Sunday night (cause the giants aren’t beating Seattle, and the eagles aren’t beating the packers).

first place is likely going to go back & forth between anyone in our division a couple more times before the season is over 

If RGlll doesn't hand Pittsburgh the gift pick 6 the Ravens couldve easily won today. If we play turnover free football and stay in the game in the 2nd half we can win. Just gotta make it a 4 quarter game and wear them down....We can do this, it's the season of believen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If RGlll doesn't hand Pittsburgh the gift pick 6 the Ravens couldve easily won today. If we play turnover free football and stay in the game in the 2nd half we can win. Just gotta make it a 4 quarter game and wear them down....We can do this, it's the season of believen.

What does that have to do with my post? I didn’t even mention our game in it. I said we should be back in 1st by Sunday night (even though we don’t play until Monday) cause of the giants and eagles 

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What does that have to do with my post? I didn’t even mention our game in it. I said we should be back in 1st by Sunday night (even though we don’t play until Monday) cause of the giants and eagles 

It has to do with the last sentence of your post....1st place is not gonna bounce back and forth the rest of the season if we take care of business on Monday. No offense meant, just stayin optimistic.

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It has to do with the last sentence of your post....1st place is not gonna bounce back and forth the rest of the season if we take care of business on Monday. No offense meant, just stayin optimistic.

I think even if we do win on Monday, that won’t seal 1st place full time the rest of the season. For all we know, we could then drop the next two (49ers then Seahawks) and the giants, or eagles manage to steal a win from someone. 

We gotta find a way to pump ourselves up for the disadvantage of "their house".

When you're at a home game, the players easily pump themselves up by shouting this speech to the team "Are you gonna let this team just waltz into OUR HOUSE, and walk all over us ?!?"

So if it's an away game, how does that team pump themselves ? "Are you gonna make like burglars, and ready to break into THEIR HOUSE ?!? "

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
4 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Let's just drop back Sweat into coverage then...  He's already a leading takeaway artist!  He's just acquired the taste for blood... I think he'll thirst after it (Pick-6s) now.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We gotta find a way to pump ourselves up for the disadvantage of "their house".

When you're at a home game, the players easily pump themselves up by shouting this speech to the team "Are you gonna let this team just waltz into OUR HOUSE, and walk all over us ?!?"

So if it's an away game, how does that team pump themselves ? "Are you gonna make like burglars, and ready to break into THEIR HOUSE ?!? "

We can always get Haskins to give a halftime speech in the locker room at the half...  Ya know.  Rally up the guys, just like in that Philly game?