Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can WFT beat the Steelers?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

 

Good for you! I live in LA but back in DC for the holidays. Do you live there full-time? I visited Catalina island a little over a month ago and was fascinated talking to some of the locals. Very different pace of life! 

I know nothing about Catalina except for the Descendents song lol. Island life is way different though. I generally thin LA would be awful, but listen to the rich roll podcast loyally and he makes it sound pretty amazing. Island life, you know when you are in the states and you meet a person, within 3 seconds of talking to them someone will say "what do you do?". That doesn't happen here and if it does, they mean diving, sailing, whatever you're passionate about. It's not how do you make money to buy **** from box stores. It's how do you live and feel free. I value that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bh32 said:

This is such BS..The Ravens should be forced to play just like Denver was..They should also be stripped of draft picks due to not following COVID 19 protocols..

And it should be a significant draft pick, not this 6 or 7 round going around.  Maybe a 3rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Holy ****. I knew it was bad, but wow.... And the ones I remember weren't even remotely close. For whatever reason, they consistently pound us into the turf 

You think that’s crazy... The last  (and only) time we beat Kansas City was 1983!

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/washington-football-team/teamvsteam?opp=16

Edited by hawgboy
Added info
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Steelers aren’t great on offense, need the Washington defense to be dominant. If the defense shows up this can be the type of game Smith is at his most valuable: possess the ball, create manageable situations, avoid TOs, and be accurate. 
 

Come on D, lead the charge. Let this be a game we fans point back to and say that’s when it all started. 

 


 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Steelers aren’t great on offense, need the Washington defense to be dominant. If the defense shows up this can be the type of game Smith is at his most valuable: possess the ball, create manageable situations, avoid TOs, and be accurate. 
 

Come on D, lead the charge. Let this be a game we fans point back to and say that’s when it all started. 

 


 

I think a low scoring game is paramount for a chance to steal one.  If the offense can do a good job mixing the plays up and move the chains, the D will benefit.  Running vs the steelers is very difficult.  Turner could use the 2 RB sets and create some dump offs that would hurt their stacking the box.  It's a tall order, they're undefeated but beatable.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday night.  Undefeated team.  Need the win.
 

snowballs chance....  

so you’re sayin there’s a chance... ;)   How sweet it would be.  I won’t get my hopes up.  Oh yes I will.  We will get destroyed.   Please win!   They can’t.  I’ll do anything.  

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we also have to hope Pittsburgh takes care of business against Baltimore so they remain undefeated and possibly looking past the WFT going into next Monday? I know a lot of people think those types of factors are overrated, and I tend to agree a lot of the times, but maybe this one time it will be true?

 

I remember the last time they played the Steelers on MNF, the early portion of the game was going in this team's favor but they couldn't capitalize on anything and Pittsburgh slowly "got right" and eventually established themselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I guess we also have to hope Pittsburgh takes care of business against Baltimore so they remain undefeated and possibly looking past the WFT going into next Monday? I know a lot of people think those types of factors are overrated, and I tend to agree a lot of the times, but maybe this one time it will be true?

 

I remember the last time they played the Steelers on MNF, the early portion of the game was going in this team's favor but they couldn't capitalize on anything and Pittsburgh slowly "got right" and eventually established themselves. 

If RG3 beats Big Ben then I'd have to say the next team that plays the Steelers is screwed.  I do believe they're not going to go 16-0, so WFT is a good time to pop that bubble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bh32 said:

This is such BS..The Ravens should be forced to play just like Denver was..They should also be stripped of draft picks due to not following COVID 19 protocols..

Problem is that it should be in no one's interest to play a team of players that might be infectious. You can really only schedule a game when you are certain that you have broken the chains of infection. With the Broncos there was only 1 positive test and the rest of the QBs had to skip the game because they were high-risk contacts. No one else was really at risk of having been infected. With the Ravens they had so many positive tests throughout several positional groups and some new positives for a couple of days so chances were high that someone was actually tested negative one day but could be positive the next days. You don't want those players to run around other teams and potentially infect them as well. You can also not force them to sign players of the streets because those have to go through an extensive testing period.

 

It sucks but it is what it is and I can understand the route the NFL is going here. Ultimately, they should be severely punished if the broke the protocols. But the Broncos also got no one to blame but themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Monday night.  Undefeated team.  Need the win.
 

snowballs chance....  

so you’re sayin there’s a chance... ;)   How sweet it would be.  I won’t get my hopes up.  Oh yes I will.  We will get destroyed.   Please win!   They can’t.  I’ll do anything.  

 

Technically, it's Monday afternoon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the team ignores the distraction of when the game is played and just focuses on the matter at hand. 

 

It will be a difficult task but in human affairs there are very few things that can not be achieved with the application of sound planning, determined focus, an indomitable will and a pinch of good fortune.

 

 

 

 

 

“The victory is imminent.” Last words of anonymous Mexican revolutionary before facing the firing squad for sedition.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Tomlin gets covid and Big Ben gets covid.  Only way.

 

We may play them close for a half but the Steelers will pull away in the 2nd half. 

Washington has played very well in the second half.  The first half has been their problem much of the year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bh32 said:

If Ravens can't field a team, Then they should be forced to forfeit the game..Denver got screwed while the Ravens get special treatment.

The Hell with that.  The Team fielded a team and embarrassed the Cowboys, playing with several  HOFers, during the 1987 strike.  We had guys who were playing on work release, for crying out loud.  One, 1, of them made the team when the strike ended.  Baltimore Ravens or Baltimore Chicks, which is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...