Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Dallas II

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think we’re going to have a chance at the top 4. So taking a flyer on one in the draft I’m fine with. But I just don’t think it’s gonna happen for us with a blue chip. But yea, it’s a need.

They've done extremely well with 3rd rounders.  I'd like to see them trade Haskins for a 3rd or better.  Then the 1st 3 rounds address OT, LB, WR. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Smith for 2 years and they draft a QB in his final year to sit and watch ala KC method.  

Ryan Anderson isn't getting a big 2nd contract from anyone, so we might see Kerrigan get a 3-year deal and big contracts for Allen and Scherff.

6 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

They've done extremely well with 3rd rounders.  I'd like to see them trade Haskins for a 3rd or better. 

If someone offers a 3rd for Haskins at this point I'll be amazed, let alone better than a third. Who's going to make that trade, and please can I have some of whatever it is they are smoking 😉

I actually still think Haskins has some potential, but if his attitude to training is as bad as it's reported to be he's never going to get there, and he's done little on the field to help his cause. Maybe some team with a solid starter will take a flyer on him with a 6th or 7th.

Opposing fans continue to point out, "Dey actually lost to a team that doesn't even have a name. In fact, dey don't even have a mascot"

Just amazing isn't it, how the team was able to overcome such huge hurdles and handicaps of not having a name or mascot ?

The adjustments that coaches made, really made the lack of name and mascot, a non-factor. It's as if we could score without our old mascot's help at all !

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Opposing fans continue to point out, "Dey actually lost to a team that doesn't even have a name. In fact, dey don't even have a mascot"

Just amazing isn't it, how the team was able to overcome such huge hurdles and handicaps of not having a name or mascot ?

The adjustments that coaches made, really made the lack of name and mascot, a non-factor. It's as if we could score without our old mascot's help at all !

Well to be fair, for both our wins against dallas, and our win against philly, i used “imagine losing to a team with no name LOL!!!” As an insult towards both teams :) so, if used correctly (IE, if not used as an insult towards our team), it can be funny and not stupid :P 

32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well to be fair, for both our wins against dallas, and our win against philly, i used “imagine losing to a team with no name LOL!!!” As an insult towards both teams :) so, if used correctly (IE, if not used as an insult towards our team), it can be funny and not stupid :P 

Just be aware and prepared for the fact that we are not going to the Super Bowl this year, for that reason.

The league executives and marketing, etc absolutely do not want a Super Bowl participant named "Football Team".

So, they and the referees will conspire every way possible to ensure we don't get to the Super Bowl this year.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just be aware and prepared for the fact that we are not going to the Super Bowl this year, for that reason.

The league executives and marketing, etc absolutely do not want a Super Bowl participant named "Football Team".

So, they and the referees will conspire every way possible to ensure we don't get to the Super Bowl this year.

Where does this conspiracy rank in relation to the Anti-Haskins Conspiracy and the Eddie Royal Morton's Mystery?

Need to know for my WFT-themed spinoff of The Twilight Zone...The Red Zone.

There is a fifth set of 20 yards on the field, beyond that which is known to the Washington Football Team. It is a down & distance as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between a missed Dustin Hopkins field goal and a missed Dustin Hopkins extra point, between tanking and Paloffs is Now, and it lies between the pit of Daniel Snyder's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the area of Morgan Moses holding penalties. It is an area which we call, the Red Zone.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yeah, cause that’s the only thing stopping us from going to the super bowl 😂 

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, cause that’s the only thing stopping us from going to the super bowl 😂 

It is !

How about that #1 Pass Defense ? And Defense wins Championships.

Opponents are terrified to throw against us practically anywhere on the field, for fear of getting Apke'd !

And the space he covers is immense, due to his catchup speed, which only leaves little tiny islands that are safe to throw to, to avoid the AXE-ke

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It is !

How about that #1 Pass Defense ? And Defense wins Championships.

Opponents are terrified to throw against us practically anywhere on the field, for fear of getting Apke'd !

And the space he covers is immense, due to his catchup speed, which only leaves little tiny islands that are safe to throw to, to avoid the AXE-ke

Had me in the first half :) 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what to do about our OL in the long term because still we need at least one tackle and Scherff is going to be pricy. But I am glad they're playing well as a group so that we can properly evaluate our skill position players. The OL needs to remain a priority going forward because we clearly have something in Gibson and, very soon, we will need to break in another young QB. 

The defense is hit or miss outside of the excellent DL, but Holcomb and Curl rising to the occasion help to make their respective corps not so bad. We need at least 3-4 more guys on defense or else risk being very one dimensional. At the moment, our options to succeed are 1) get the QB in under 3 seconds, 2) force a turnover. Otherwise, we have a bad time. Our LBs are just too slow and it shows on run D. The safeties are a liability. 

But overall I think there is more talent on the roster than I anticipated. A few young guys are playing as if their careers depend on it, which they do, making guys like Landon Collins feel obsolete. As far as our cap goes, that is great news. 

Edited by Bacon

Thought I would put this here, too. As of today, Gibson is #2 in the NFL in rushing touchdowns. He is 8th in rushing yards.

Now, I understand he's had one more game than many teams, but on the other hand, given how Washington platoons its backs and how often we had to all but abandon the run in the second half... That's amazing!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The reality is the team is still 4-7 and outside of being in an awful division, our excitement level would be a lot less, however we have also been on the flipside of games like this where two mediocre teams play and the WFT is the one that gets blown out by the end of it.   Still have to remember that this is year 1 of Rivera. He inherited a lot of the mess but is going to come out of it with guys like Gibson & McLaurin to build around, while having a solid veteran QB that can buy the franchise another season or two of either developing Haskins or drafting a QB to sit & learn for a little bit before being thrown into the fire.

On defense, there is a lot of good mixed with plenty of holes to fill, but the progress is there.

I disagree with this only because my point of view year in and year out id that I want to see an improving team that's not making the same mistakes in December that it makes in September. Hopefully that means that wins will come as well, but wins and losses are hard to predict, but hard work and effort are not.

What made these last two games, maybe last 6 quarters but really this season more fun to watch is the improvement from the young players. Playoffs doesn't matter as much but it's kinda like Tennessee with Tann. They know they're not really SB picks but that shouldn't stop them from trying to play hard, and suddenly based on how they finished last year they were contenders this year to go further. 

I've been mad all year because we have a young team and we'd do things like fumble, miss fgs, throw bad ints, not call timeouts, not utilize the deep ball, bad playcalling, start slowly, etc. That's not all fixed but it's nice to see that these last 5 games have been a lot closer and we've gone 2-3 in them with the chance to go 5-0. That's a much better feeling because i can see us getting better. So I'll go into next year with a minimum expectation of 8-8 and hopes of 12-4. But if we just lose again then it's a hope of 8-8 like every other year. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did anyone else catch this , during the game ?

I wonder if the guy was fired.

Not once, but twice they gave credit to Dallas for our TD

First, the screen flashed "TD Dallas", then it gave them 6 points, up to 22.

Wow.  Watching that replay (about 900 times), Looks like Curl was going to blow up Dalton on a safety blitz anyways... All good!

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Love. Just LOVE that Kerrigan is the first guy there to meet him on the sideline. 

And then he has the presence of mind to go get that ball. 

Man. That's a moment for that defense. Hope it's the spark they need. 

From the looks of it to an outsider, this defense plays better with Curl in there. Not missing Landon at all. Sure Apke is playing better, and Reaves had a couple of nice plays, but still a long way from the dumpster fire of earlier in the year. 

Edited by Silvernon
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, justice98 said:

The problem is we're 4-7 talking about winning and being relevant like we can see it without a telescope.  lol 

I dont think we're at a crossroads.  The division part is what's screwing everybody's heads up into thinking there's more going on than is actually going on.  It's the same stuff that's always going on.  But because of this ass division, 6 wins could get you a home playoff game. 

I hear your point but I disagree with it.  Gibbs was 0-5 when he started to turn it around.  Based on your reasoning we shouldn't even try then since we're 4-7?

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

People have been hard on Apke. But he can't really be that bad, if we've become the #1 Pass Defense

And he also, has been improving and doing some nice things.

This is how I'd rate our needs :

WR2

OL

MLB

TE2

Dude if you don't think Apke was that bad I have no idea what you have been watching. We haven't seen a starter this bad in a very long time. FS is absolutely a top need on this team. 

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

I love how when Montez scores the touchdown, the scoreboard credited the Cowboys with the points!! 😂 Hey, the Cowboys QB threw a TD pass so....

The idea of us scoring over 40 is/was so absurd that it literally broke the FOX scoreboard.

• Haha 3