Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Dallas II

I enjoyed the game yesterday on multiple fronts. It was nice to see a solid running game against a team that held Dalvin Cook 27 for 115 and 1 TD as compared to our boy Gibson 20 115 3 TDs. That young man is pure badassery.

A defense getting off the field on 3rd and anything.....so nice to see them stop a team.

I know people will disagree but I do seriously think Logan Thomas resolves our issue at TE....he will only get better.

Alex will be Alex.....but its hard to throw touchdowns when Gibbysan is running them in front 34 yards out. 

RR is the best thing to happen to this team in 30 years.

Be safe.

I just re-watched the TD to Cooper, and Darby literally turns completely around and stops completely for a moment and stares at Dalton, JUST AS the ball is launched into the air.

Cooper did not stop prior to that, so what was Darby thinking, to cause him to just utterly stop ?

If he does not do that, he may not have necessarily prevented the catch (or he may actually have), however he SURELY could have tackled him to stop Cooper from scoring

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just re-watched the TD to Cooper, and Darby literally turns completely around and stops completely for a moment and stares at Dalton, JUST AS the ball is falling into Cooper's hands

Cooper did not stop prior to that, so what was Darby thinking, to cause him to just utterly stop ?

If he does not do that, he may not have necessarily prevented the catch (or he may actually have), however he SURELY could have tackled him to stop Cooper from scoring

I think that was him questioning Dalton's arm

After running up the field with Cooper, I think he figured Dalton could not get it out much farther, so he he looked back and slowed up to see if a shorter pass had occurred and he needed to come back downfield to make a tackle.

That was my take anyway, b/c there is not much reason for him to slow up like he did.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The reality is the team is still 4-7 and outside of being in an awful division, our excitement level would be a lot less, however we have also been on the flipside of games like this where two mediocre teams play and the WFT is the one that gets blown out by the end of it.   Still have to remember that this is year 1 of Rivera. He inherited a lot of the mess but is going to come out of it with guys like Gibson & McLaurin to build around, while having a solid veteran QB that can buy the franchise another season or two of either developing Haskins or drafting a QB to sit & learn for a little bit before being thrown into the fire.

On defense, there is a lot of good mixed with plenty of holes to fill, but the progress is there.

You're right that getting the division lead has something to do with it. For me, this te has been awful in primetime games for ages. I'm pleasantly surprised the inverse happened. 

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just re-watched the TD to Cooper, and Darby literally turns completely around and stops completely for a moment and stares at Dalton, JUST AS the ball is launched into the air.

Offensive pass interference. Watch it again and you'll see the push off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, KDawg said:

I went back and watched a bit of the game. I can't figure out for the life of me why Holcomb would be graded that high.

He didn't miss assignments from what I saw. But he was slow to fill and late to tackle plenty of times and struggled with block shedding.

That said, I did notice an improvement on him playing downhill. He was in on tackles closer to the LoS than usual.

An 86.2 is way too high of a grade for him. But he is a starting caliber backer and I'd love to keep him on the outside moving forward. 

they give bonus points for lifting people up when you tackle them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

You're right that getting the division lead has something to do with it. For me, this te has been awful in primetime games for ages. I'm pleasantly surprised the inverse happened. 

This team could have easily been 7-4. The two losses to the Gints and the one to the Lions. Loss by a total of 7 points. And really for me, the first four games could have been more competitive with better QB play. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think that was him questioning Dalton's arm

After running up the field with Cooper, I think he figured Dalton could not get it out much farther, so he he looked back and slowed up to see if a shorter pass had occurred and he needed to come back downfield to make a tackle.

That was my take anyway, b/c there is not much reason for him to slow up like he did.

I kinda felt like Cooper was slowing down too, cause for a second they were still close even though Darby was slowing.  I really felt like he was preparing for a jump ball

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

I know people will disagree but I do seriously think Logan Thomas resolves our issue at TE....he will only get better.

I have felt all year the need for TE is far down the list of immediate needs. QB, WR2 (maybe) FS, MLB, OL appear to be far bigger needs.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have felt all year the need for TE is far down the list of immediate needs. QB, WR2 (maybe) FS, MLB, OL appear to be far bigger needs.

People have been hard on Apke. But he can't really be that bad, if we've become the #1 Pass Defense

And he also, has been improving and doing some nice things.

This is how I'd rate our needs :

WR2

OL

MLB

TE2

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

My list includes:

LB

LB

FS

G

T

High End Pass Catcher/Receiving Option 2

The last three are on a line with each other. 

I like Everett and Reaves so far so I would be willing to see FS slide off the list IF we get two backers, one of which is a true MIKE (but both need to be inside capable.)

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

People have been hard on Apke. But he can't really be that bad, if we've become the #1 Pass Defense

And he also, has been improving and doing some nice things.

This is how I'd rate our needs :

WR2

OL

MLB

TE2

MLB is way too low.

• Thanks 1

I guess Darby had a tough outing. But on the long pass, the team could have challenged for offensive PI. But it's Dallas, so it probably wouldn't have been overturned. But it was clearly a push off. Here's proof.

Notice you don't hear **** from the unbiased broadcast talking about it. 

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My list includes:

LB

LB

FS

G

T

High End Pass Catcher/Receiving Option 2

The last three are on a line with each other. 

I like Everett and Reaves so far so I would be willing to see FS slide off the list IF we get two backers, one of which is a true MIKE (but both need to be inside capable.)

MLB is way too low.

QB?

Not sure which thread to stick this in...BAL - PIT game pushed back to Tuesday. That'll be a short work week for PIT.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30401833/sources-baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-game-moved-tuesday-due-coronavirus

The COVID-19 outbreak in Baltimore has led the NFL to postpone the Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers game for a second time.

The Ravens will now play at the undefeated Steelers on Tuesday night at 8 ET, the NFL announced.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

QB?

I don’t think we’re going to have a chance at the top 4. So taking a flyer on one in the draft I’m fine with. But I just don’t think it’s gonna happen for us with a blue chip. But yea, it’s a need.

• Like 1