Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2020 Week 12: Welcomes therestless ,drunken , die hard fans!!!

Nothing goes better with a stuffed turkey than some turkey day football and specially if your team is playing. It should be a funfest indeed. I want us to beat the cowgirls but I don't think they will. 

Regardless, here to a healthy game :cheers:  and stay safe. 

And of course... HAPPY THANKSGIVING YOU ALL 🦃

When I was a kid my mom would be up past midnight preparing the food and then would start cooking around 6:00 am. Id wake up to the house smelling amazing and would try and sneak some (uncooked) stuffing past her lol...

As an adult if we went to my sister's house (she was married with kids) we'd order about 4 pizzas and all of us would stay up past midnight eating, drinking, and shooting the **** about everything. Nobody got up at 6 am to cook...

Now? Now I hang out on a Redskins message board (yeah, I said it lol) drinking a Diet Coke and still shooting the ****--mostly to myself lol...

The WFT better smack the **** out of the Cowboys...make this newest "tradition" memorable.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Now? Now I hang out on a Redskins message board (yeah, I said it lol) drinking a Diet Coke and still shooting the ****--mostly to myself lol...

You are not alone. I am still here. :)

I am watching the Mandalorian...lol

Getting ready for the battle. :D

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Winning really doesn't help us.  I expect a close game but Dallas pulls out a win in the end.

Nope it doesn't. Even if we win we are not winning the next 3 maybe four anyways. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Winning really doesn't help us.  I expect a close game but Dallas pulls out a win in the end.

Winning doesn't hurt us, either. The only people who think it hurts us are the ones who believe you can only become a consistently winning franchise if you have a top 5 draft pick. I would guess that teams that constantly have top 5 draft picks tend to stay mediocre while the most successful franchises always emphasize winning and are successful no matter where they are drafting.

Well I’m looking forward to this. The whole win/loss conundrum muddies the water, but win or lose there will be something to take from it.

To be honest, i would love to see a nasty ill tempered game. Either way, let’s get in their faces and go after them. I want our DL to dominate. Elliott running all over us will piss me off more than anything I think. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Winning doesn't hurt us, either. The only people who think it hurts us are the ones who believe you can only become a consistently winning franchise if you have a top 5 draft pick. I would guess that teams that constantly have top 5 draft picks tend to stay mediocre while the most successful franchises always emphasize winning and are successful no matter where they are drafting.

Winning puts us one step to the division and we don’t want that. We loose the Top 5/10 draft position and we lose a chance at the 3rd and 4th QB available  in next years draft.

Only reason to prefer a loss.

11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Agreed....what has having top 5 picks done for the Browns, Lions, Jags, Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals???? Tanking for players is a loser mentality. The Giants won the SB at 9-7 with Eli the game manager at QB....If you're rooting for your team to lose year after year just in hopes you get a maybe franchise QB then something is wrong. 

Remember this, the Eagles won the SB with NICK FOLES as their QB!!!!! Not their supposed about to be benched franchise QB Carson Wentz. Learn how to win game and find your franchise QB wherever you pick....you can always trade up like Andy Reid did for Mahomes.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Winning puts us one step to the division and we don’t want that. We loose the Top 5/10 draft position and we lose a chance at the 3rd and 4th QB available  in next years draft.

Only reason to prefer a loss.

Why exactly don't we want to win the division and go to the playoffs?