Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

It's weird. Last year I watched every game and hoped we'd lose them all to make the franchise better. 

This year, I think I've finally cooled off enough on being a fan that when I do see a game, I am happy for a win.

It's an odd place to be.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's weird. Last year I watched every game and hoped we'd lose them all to make the franchise better. 

This year, I think I've finally cooled off enough on being a fan that when I do see a game, I am happy for a win.

It's an odd place to be.

I'd still prefer to lose at this point but if young guys are vaulting us to wins I can't be too down about that.

Its just annoying that we have old man Alex back there at QB. Would be nice to get these wins developing a young guy like Allen(before he got hurt) or even Haskins.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, you're right. At least Talib had that Olympic Dice Championships level energy while calling the game.

Today felt kinda like one of those late Bowl season turd bowl  games between two teams that you know damn well probably shouldn't be there, so they put the ****tiest booth crew on that one.

Adam Archuleta was one of the announcers, I forgot the other guys name.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd still prefer to lose at this point but if young guys are vaulting us to wins I can't be too down about that.

Its just annoying that we have old man Alex back there at QB. Would be nice to get these wins developing a young guy like Allen(before he got hurt) or even Haskins.

Yeah, but it's hard to route against Alex after all he's been through and who he is. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Would be nice to get these wins developing a young guy like Allen(before he got hurt) or even Haskins.

Yeah its nice that the offense is clicking (and developing) under Smith and they obviously feel more confident with him at center than Haskins. Super bummef about allen, I expected nothing, next game raised an eyebrow, then was feeling like maybe this 5 star HS QB just had a bum time in college and really has some heat in his holster - then wham injury. Bummer. 

I do not want Haskins back under QB unless he had done what needs to be done to get there, or I guess catastrophic emergency. If he is starting and is still half assing it, the move wouldn't be good for him nor the team. Ball is firmly in his court right now, I'm less optimistic by the day that he gets his **** together but still hoping. 

It isn't fair to the Gibsons and Mclaurins and Sims (both) and mckissic and even the dang Oline for Dwaynes ****show to get a pass. I can stand for lack of performance  but lack of performance along with laziness or irresponsibility is just no bueno. I'd rather have smith. 

I really can't believe I'm saying that but I hope they play their guts out all season and we draft a LBer or OT in the first round, and try to hit on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd this year

3 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

So we’re still playing for the division because of beating a burrow less bengals. Woohoo.....  good bye good draft pick 

All this Tank for Tua Talk and then Bottom for Borreaux and now its looking like neither one of them is the top QB of this class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Yeah its nice that the offense is clicking (and developing) under Smith and they obviously feel more confident with him at center than Haskins. Super bummef about allen, I expected nothing, next game raised an eyebrow, then was feeling like maybe this 5 star HS QB just had a bum time in college and really has some heat in his holster - then wham injury. Bummer. 

I do not want Haskins back under QB unless he had done what needs to be done to get there, or I guess catastrophic emergency. If he is starting and is still half assing it, the move wouldn't be good for him nor the team. Ball is firmly in his court right now, I'm less optimistic by the day that he gets his **** together but still hoping. 

It isn't fair to the Gibsons and Mclaurins and Sims (both) and mckissic and even the dang Oline for Dwaynes ****show to get a pass. I can stand for lack of performance  but lack of performance along with laziness or irresponsibility is just no bueno. I'd rather have smith. 

I really can't believe I'm saying that but I hope they play their guts out all season and we draft a LBer or OT in the first round, and try to hit on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd this year

you're not alone....some of us believe that the rest of the roster can be built while we find a QB thru whatever means necessary besides the 1st round. Some of us just want to see wins during the holiday season and the potential for playoffs while we build this team into a perennial contender. Lets win on turkey day and let the chips fall where they will on draft day. I was thinking about the Bengals and their fans today, now that they have Burrow, do they still want to lose so they can get a high draft pick or do you lose that mentality once you have your franchise QB? No way we should want to lose this season, lets learn how to win and carry it into next year!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are bad but I think Philly is better than us still and Dallas on a short week on the road might not be a piece of cake 

Philly is atrocious. Our D-Line will have Wentz for breakfast again. I'm surprised they haven't benched him yet. They need to send Prince Harry back to the UK. Dallas doesn't play hard. The Giants and our team are talent deficient but the both play hard. Philly and Dallas seems like they've packed in for the year already.

1 minute ago, Darc Requiem said:

Philly is atrocious. Our D-Line will have Wentz for breakfast again. I'm surprised they haven't benched him yet. They need to send Prince Harry back to the UK. Dallas doesn't play hard. The Giants and our team are talent deficient but the both play hard. Philly and Dallas seems like they've packed in for the year already.

....Dallas (who just beat the Vikings 31-24) seems like they’ve packed it in for the year? You do realize they’ll be facing us on Thursday for 1st place.....yes?

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

I like some of our pieces.  But we aren't exactly a killer team either.  Doesn't look like Dallas is packing it in.  They almost beat the Steelers last week, and today they beat Minny on the road. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....Dallas (who just beat the Vikings 31-24) seems like they’ve packed it in for the year? You do realize they’ll be facing us on Thursday for 1st place.....yes?

I watched most of that game.  Dalton isn't that great but he is much better than the 3rd stringer Qb scrubs who played after Bostic knocked Dalton out.  Their O line has gotten a little healthier.  And their defense while isn't great has at least woken up some.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I'm not worried about Dallas. I'm just glad we aren't playing the Giants again. We make them look like the 72 Dolphins. MIke McCarthy is making Jason Garrett look like Vince Lombardi. Say what you will abou the old red clapper, but he never finished under .500, Dallas is 3-7. With their roster, even without Dak, in our division they should be better than 3-7.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

We’re playing ourselves out of more than QBs and for what? A lame division championship claim? 

After Lawrence, i have questions on all the high guys. This could be an epic draft or anther typical one. Chances are that all 5 of the top guys aren't going to pan out so who busts? Looking at previous drafts, getting Jackson, Mahomes, Allen, Watson werent the top QBs taken. 

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

After Lawrence, i have questions on all the high guys. This could be an epic draft or anther typical one. Chances are that all 5 of the top guys aren't going to pan out so who busts? Looking at previous drafts, getting Jackson, Mahomes, Allen, Watson werent the top QBs taken. 

The farther we drop the more likely we are to miss.  Plus the farther we drop the more compromising we have to do as far as our drafting plans.  Considering our history of missing on picks we don’t have a luxury of having numerous busts.  We need players that can step in immediately.  

6 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Pretty early win, time for Daddy duty.  Probably won't be on for Thanksgiving, so you all be safe and smart out there.  HTTWFT!

980 play by play is a life saver for this. I'm not always as alert but I'm also not glued to the tv and unable to help out.