Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I guess a win is a win, but that just felt empty.  Hope Burrow is able to come back next year.  And I hope we haven't won ourselves out of a winning quarterback.

I don’t know if it felt empty because of the injury. I do feel bad fo Cincinnati, but I  agree it’s hard to get jazzed about the win. 

I think we might’ve won without the injury. We really are a much better second half team, but this year is such a broken one that getting pumped up is tough. 

on the third hand, Smith getting a victory after all he’s been through is a real feel good story. 

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This was a strange game, ultra conservative play calling on offense but we were able to have a decent run game.

It doesn't feel like the offense was given a chance to put up points.

I think they were being careful because it is a short week and they play Dallas this Thursday.

No reason to do anything reckless before Thanksgiving. 🦃

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

These announcers might be worse than that Aqib garbage from last week. There’s no excitement in their voices.

Damn, you're right. At least Talib had that Olympic Dice Championships level energy while calling the game.

Today felt kinda like one of those late Bowl season turd bowl  games between two teams that you know damn well probably shouldn't be there, so they put the ****tiest booth crew on that one.

• Haha 2
Just now, SkinsGuy said:

Congrats to Washington for an uneven, but still satisfying victory.

I know some want to "Tank for Trevor", but I could never root for Washington to lose.

Especially this Thursday. :dallas_sucks:

I could root for my team to lose if we were definitely out of the playoff race like last year. 

Nothing wrong with getting max value when you got nothing but pride left to play for.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, we win and Philly loses. And a win against Dallas has us in first place, for at least 10 days. 

Philly plays Seattle on MNF next week, which is why i say we’ll hold first place (IF we win Thursday) for 10 days, until our blowout loss to the Steelers. 

What about the Giants? Also why are you so sure we beat Dallas? I know they’re terrible but this division has shown us that nothing is guaranteed.

• Like 1
Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

He didn't have to make any of them. We scored two touchdowns lol. 

When the score was 14-9, i think he had to make at least one of those two FGs to make the game not AS close. It would’ve been too close for comfort, if he misses either of those two. But he didn’t 

Just now, Florgon79 said:

What about the Giants? Also why are you so sure we beat Dallas? I know they’re terrible but this division has shown us that nothing is guaranteed.

I think he means we beat Dallas earlier in the season 25-3.

6 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I’m not saying I’m sure we beat Dallas. Hence my “IF” part. What does IF mean to you? When I said a win against Dallas has us in first place, i was simply saying that’s the outcome that a win on Thursday would have (IF we were to beat them)

and after checking the giants schedule, i see they face the bengals next week. With burrow, I’d say the giants lose, but burrow is done for the year, according to his tweet. So, the giants have a chance to win on Sunday. 

so, maybe we’ll be in first place for 3 days, IF (again, IF) we beat Dallas. IF. Not when. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m not saying I’m sure we beat Dallas. Hence my “IF” part. What does IF mean to you? 

and after checking the giants schedule, i see they face the bengals next week. With burrow, I’d say the giants lose, but burrow is done for the year, according to his tweet. So, the giants have a chance to win on Sunday. 

so, maybe we’ll be in first place for 3 days, IF (again, IF) we beat Dallas. IF. Not when. 

Alright calm down. Your second sentence made it sound all but done. 

Just now, Florgon79 said:

Alright calm down. Your second sentence made it sound all but done. 

Then clearly you missed my point. I was simply saying that’s what the outcome would be IF (not when, IF) we beat Dallas on Thursday. I even went on in my post to say “IF”

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Then clearly you missed my point. I was simply saying that’s what the outcome would be IF (not when, IF) we beat Dallas on Thursday. I even went on in my post to say “IF”

Yes I understand that now. Thanks.