Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Detroit Football Team

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here, you missed my post that you quoted. Let me copy/paste it for you:

There is definitive improvement. The team doesn't quit and half time adjustments are evident. 

I didn’t miss your post.  You missed my point.   I don’t take moral victories in losses like you do.  This team sucks like it has for years.  Keep fooling yourself.  

47 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Maybe this is nitpicking, but how do you know they misjudged the roster? Did they call this a playoff roster and I missed it? The interviews and pressers I saw, Rivera called this an evaluation year. They didn’t spend big in FA, preferring to roll a ton of  the money over to next offseason. Cut vets to play young guys who could have a future here. Seems to me they appropriately judged the roster as not good and young, and knew this was an evaluation year, like they said.

Well said 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

I didn’t miss your post.  You missed my point.   I don’t take moral victories in losses like you do.  This team sucks like it has for years.  Keep fooling yourself.  

Who is fooling who?

What was the question?

I thought it was, "has anyone seen improvement?"

The answer was yes... adjustments and heart.

The question wasn't, "has anyone seen improvement that results in us winning football games?"

Or, "Is this team really supposed to be a playoff team?"

Because the answer to both of those questions is a resounding "No." 

And that really wouldn't even need to be asked considering we're 2-7.

• Like 1

We are so much better at losing! OLS what a clown argument. There is talent on this team, proven coaching, Snyder is staying out of it. We're on our third QB who is a broken antique and rusty AF. Our best LBer is a back up. We've treated FS, LB and TE like third class citizen positions for a decade. We'll improve next year. I hope Alex doesn't get his legs back under him and start winning every game in boring fashion again, because there is nothing more annoying then fans complaining about a winning team in first place at 6-3, before he gets hurt and we just totally stop winning for years.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Who is fooling who?

What was the question?

I thought it was, "has anyone seen improvement?"

The answer was yes... adjustments and heart.

The question wasn't, "has anyone seen improvement that results in us winning football games?"

Or, "Is this team really supposed to be a playoff team?"

Because the answer to both of those questions is a resounding "No." 

And that really wouldn't even need to be asked considering we're 2-7.

How much does TK pay you to post on here? :ols:

31 minutes ago, Capsman said:

You really think today he was “damn good”?  Did you actually watch him or is that your wishful thinking. Show me one pressure against a single blocker besides the busted play when Stafford ran to his right toward him.  And there were PLENTY of opportunities.   I defy you.  

His run defense, which is normally pretty good, was not that good today. A couple screens in his area went for long yards.  

show me how often he was actually against a single blocker

30 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

It's about having an organisation that gives players the opportunity to grow and become great players. That's the job Rivera got and I don't see it yet.

Whose growth is being stunted?  These guys playing are all young and their getting lots of snaps, he's even leaving guys like Thomas Davis inactive so they dont steal reps.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nothing. Am I supposed to be paid?

Why should TK be paying me? Am I missing out on income? Please explain. Like I'm 5 though. 

I think we should all be paid, honestly :) it would make posting about an awful team that much easier if we had money coming in every week 😂

OOH, someone take this to the feedback forum!! You can thank me later 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Nothing. Am I supposed to be paid?

Why should TK be paying me? Am I missing out on income? Please explain. Like I'm 5 though. 

You are knowledgeable. 

You know football.

You carry an optimism despite how routinely bad we are.

You seem like a professional excuse maker at times.

TK is boss

It's a joke routed in truth.

Did I dumb that joke down enough for a 5 yo?

Just now, JSSkinz said:

I would like to be paid in Sheetz gift cards!

He is the ****ing MAN! haha

• Like 1
Just now, Koolblue13 said:

You are knowledgeable. 

You know football.

You carry an optimism despite how routinely bad we are.

You seem like a professional excuse maker at times.

TK is boss

It's a joke routed in truth.

Did I dumb that joke down enough for a 5 yo?

I'm a "professional excuse maker"? Holy cow. I've never been accused of that here before.

That's a new one. I kinda like it though. 

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We are not more talented than the Lions in the slightest. And the irony of this post is that it’s the LIONS being held back, even more than we are, by poor coaching—Matt Patricia and his staff are a joke and the players are essentially rebelling behind closed doors and celebrating when they have time away from him. I get it, man. We all hated the reverse call in that first drive and the defense is underperforming big time. But this is a BAD team whose talent you overrated, and you allowed their suckitude to sneak up on you which makes it’s extra unpleasant. Believe me I’ve done the same in the past. Rivera is a much better coach than we’ve had in recent years and the guys are playing their ass off for him even though they suck. He’s made some questionable calls. The defensive staff and Turner, that’s all up in the air. But with our lack of talent across the board it’s hard to know for sure. 

What are you seeing that makes you think he's a good coach?

Young players play hard because they are trying to get paid. AS plays hard because he is all class.

I see a coach who hired a bad staff, makes bad personel decisions and makes bad calls at critical junctions.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I think a lot of teams also let us get back into games. We play more aggressive on O and opponents play it more safe. Don't forget we play extremely bad teams. Lions and Giants or not good. 

I just want to see us play 4 quarters. 

Now that wouldn't be us now would it?

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ron sucks.

Chase is a bust.

With all these 1st rounders, we shouldn't even NEED linebackers...or safeties...or anyone else.

Chase is injured, Ron has cancer and should be focused on that 4 great defensive players playing great can't cover up not having a starting LBer.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Chase is injured, Ron has cancer and should be focused on that 4 great defensive players playing great can't cover up not having a starting LBer.

He was doing that sarcastic thing.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

....didn’t Ron’s cancer treatment end? What the **** else should he be doing? Come the actual **** on.....

28 minutes ago, Young Sweat said:

What are you seeing that makes you think he's a good coach?

Young players play hard because they are trying to get paid. AS plays hard because he is all class.

I see a coach who hired a bad staff, makes bad personel decisions and makes bad calls at critical junctions.

I see a guy the players want to play for, who has been here all of 9 games, who didn’t go all-in his first off-season because we’re a rebuild. I’ve already put the offseason into context and acknowledged the coordinators aren’t doing as well as I’d hoped during this conversation but you just keep repeating the same things, so I’ll bow out here confident that I’m correct we shouldn’t fire Rivera after *checks notes again* 9 entire games with a horrible roster. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I see a guy the players want to play for, who has been here all of 9 games, who didn’t go all-in his first off-season because we’re a rebuild. I’ve already put the offseason into context and acknowledged the coordinators aren’t doing as well as I’d hoped during this conversation but you just keep repeating the same things, so I’ll bow out here confident that I’m correct we shouldn’t fire Rivera after *checks notes again* 9 entire games with a horrible roster. 

I'm not saying an i  season firing is called for, I'm just saying I see no reason to keep him and allow him to have input on the direction of the team moving forward.

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He was doing that sarcastic thing.

seems legit

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....didn’t Ron’s cancer treatment end? What the **** else should he be doing? Come the actual **** on.....

Did it really? That's ****ing awesome. I've been away from TV for weeks. I'm super happy for him and his family!

5 minutes ago, Young Sweat said:

I'm not saying an i  season firing is called for, I'm just saying I see no reason to keep him and allow him to have input on the direction of the team moving forward.

So 1 season should be all he gets? **** a rebuild i guess? That’s silly. Sorry. It just is. 

Shall I compare thee to a nut kick?

Thou art more painful and more degrading.

Rough winds do shake the flying ducks of Smith,

And Snyder's lease hath all too long a date.

Sometime too hot the eye of Gibbs shines,

And often is his gold complexion tear-stained;

And every stumble from bumble sometime remains,

By chance, or Snyder’s incompetence, untrimmed;

But thy eternal misery shall not fade...

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So 1 season should be all he gets? **** a rebuild i guess? That’s silly. Sorry. It just is. 

I don't want to drag on through another Jay Gruden half decade of building around a coach who can't hire the right staff or make the right personel decisions. 

IMO we need a McVay, young up and coming type coach.

• Haha 1