Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Detroit Football Team

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well in fairness, they basically ran in for all 3 TDs.  If they’d called a pass or two there he might have been a couple TD.

Oh, I know, not being critical.  Just from a statistical anomaly standpoint, it's probably pretty unusual.

Just now, Young Sweat said:

I take it you're 6 or something so I won't rip you too hard, but I've got 30 plus years invested, hate them or love them, they are my team.

Bro don't come prancing in here insulting people who've been on this board for years.  Post count doesn't mean much, but don't be an ass to those who've been on this board through the thin and thinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, mhd24 said:

Why?  I'd rather play Steven Montez.  Haskins has no future.  Offense looks light years better than it did at the beginning of the year.  We all know we're taking a QB in the first round next year.

I mean if the coaches truly have no belief in Haskins and are just waiting for the season to end so they can unload him from the team, sure play Montez, but if there is any hope of Haskins actually developing for this franchise, I think you have to give him the chance.....if.....IF.....he has been doing the right things behind the scenes to prepare himself.

Bottom line offense played well enough to win today (though it was ugly at times) Defense with all those first rounders let us down.  It’s inexcusable to not have that game go into OT.   

this team sucks. As it has and as it probably always will.  

next week will get to watch Burrows and the Bungles embarrass us.  

• Like 2
Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Then leave, pull for another team.  

Stop acting like we're the Patriots, just because you're "golly see we lost again - can't wait to go 30 years without a contender!" doesn't mean everyone else is. He or she is justifably pissed at another dumpster fire season where we don't even have a future vision. This organization is stamped with loser-dom.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No it wasn't. The ball was gone for almost a full second or more. It was stupid. Stop it. 

It was stupid and I’ve seen that not called a bunch also because I’m not sure Stafford even moved an inch. 

Chase has to be smarter. But it was also a really soft penalty.  

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

No reset my man.  System's already off, we're just trying to hit the power button to turn it on.

Oh!  

Well then.. if we was playing with a faulty switch this whole time.. then I may be down.  

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Bro don't come prancing in here insulting people who've been on this board for years.  Post count doesn't mean much, but don't be an ass to those who've been on this board through the thin and thinner.

I'll come at anyone who tells me to root for another team.

Just now, Young Sweat said:

I take it you're 6 or something so I won't rip you too hard, but I've got 30 plus years invested, hate them or love them, they are my team.

LOL @ the age insults.........I'm 45 and have a lot more vested in the team than you.  Never have I claimed to "hate" this team.  Move along youngin.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

So at 2-7 with no future QB, no chance at this year's historically bad division and still without a real GM, where are we? Not much better off than the Bruce Allen disaster. It really does simply start at the top and everything else is moot.

The Redskins will never have the traditional GM/ coach setup under Dan Snyder.   Dan will not give that power to something he never believed in.   He got to play GM under Vinny and Bruce; when he chose to.

The best we can hope for is that that Ron hires a personnel guy and let's that person handle all drafting, free agency with input from the coaches of course.  Ron then can focus on coaching.

Kyle Smith needs to go.  Sorry, but he doesn't deserve the job.  The holdover from pre-Rivera has misjudged  the roster this year.  Ron also misjudged the roster this year; which is why he needs a personnel guy now.

QB and the entire o-line are essential in 2021 or else the Rivera era will fail. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

It was stupid and I’ve seen that not called a bunch also because I’m not sure Stafford even moved an inch. 

Chase has to be smarter. But it was also a really soft penalty.  

Stafford fell...

I am shaking my head at people why are blaming Alex Smith here lol he put the team in a situation to win he did not fumble away one drive or get a stupid penalty to lose the game...  replacing him with Haskins who refuses to break down footage during the week to prepare.. and is  why no other team is going to take a chance on Haskins, and what kind of example you trying to set for the team that not working hard pays off? 

Edited by Joryl
typo
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

A three-step late hit on the quarterback.  He saw the ball was gone, took three more steps, and shoved him.  It could not have been stupider.

Notice that play started with 9 seconds on the clock was slow developing and only took 3 seconds?  There should have been no more than 2-3 seconds left on the clock at the end of that play. Someone who is able should time it.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

Stop acting like we're the Patriots, just because you're "golly see we lost again - can't wait to go 30 years without a contender!" doesn't mean everyone else is. He or she is justifably pissed at another dumpster fire season where we don't even have a future vision. This organization is stamped with loser-dom.

Whatever, if he hates the team, then he should move along.