Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay guys, I'm going to get a XBX one day, if they ever become available. Might as well upgrade the TV to 4k. Any suggestions on one that isn't insanely expensive, and what specs should I be looking for? Do i need 120 refresh rate? 

20 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I always consult rtings.com when looking for TVs.

Thanks, this was helpful. Been researching all morning. I think the Vizio M series 65inch will be the winner. They seemed to agree with what I'm thinking. 

Going from an Xbox One S on a 1080p 55inch to this new setup should be a significant improvement. Now if I could only find a stupid console

12 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll how did you hear about this aim resist thing? I googled it and couldn't find anything at all. I would think something like that would be all over the place with complaints.

It is all over the place with complaints.  Forums/youtube videos/youtube comments.  The absolute ugliness of the official Activision Patent was discovered by this man 3 weeks ago.  He lays out the worst part in detail here.  He completely downplays SBMM and reverse boosting in this particular vid because of how much worse this s*** is...

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Quick question for the COD guys, what game within the game is your favorite And why? Death match, domination, search and destroy, hardpoint, kill confirm, free for all...?

When playing each game do you actually try and win or are you laying back and sniping/camping for your k/d ratio?

Are you rushing to Capture a flag or stop a flag from getting captured in domination or hardPoint?

just curious, because for me when I play domination with a team that couldn’t care less about the win and are just there for their K/d it’s  a little annoying. 

Hardcore domination, on Nuke Town 24/7.  That's all I play, is hardcore Nuke Town.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll how did you hear about this aim resist thing? I googled it and couldn't find anything at all. I would think something like that would be all over the place with complaints.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

It is all over the place with complaints.  Forums/youtube videos/youtube comments.  The absolute ugliness of the official Activision Patent was discovered by this man 3 weeks ago.  He lays out the worst part in detail here.  He completely downplays SBMM and reverse boosting in this particular vid because of how much worse this s*** is...

I will say this, it seems there are a lot of matches where I tear it up in round 1 of hardcore domination, then all the sudden, I suck and get spawn killed, etc. in round 2. Shoot people and it doesn't register.  Never knew anything like aim resist existed, but damn, seems to be legit from my game play experience.   

I keep telling my dawg (best friend that plays with me) that I cannot understand how we are going savage on the other team, up like 100-50 at halftime, then all the sudden they turn into an almost unstopable death squad the next round.

All that, I still love the game.  It's not as good as it used to be, but I like this years better than the last two versions.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Has anyone played Immortals Fenyx Rising? Looks like it might be a game worth playing, even though it has flown completely under the radar.

****s legit. I can go into detail if you like, but if you like that open world, platforming action rpg thing, it’s legit. 

Honestly it’s more fun than Breath of the Wild. The only thing it doesn’t have over it is the Zelda traditions and nostalgia (which does go a long way). I even enjoy the story better cause it’s doesn’t take itself half as serious. It’s a hoot. 

Long story short. If you have played BoTW and loved it and want something similar this is it until the next one. 

Should note that I’m playing on PS5 and a large part of it is that the hardware is just light years beyond the switch. Kinda not fair. It can do so much Zelda just never will be able to. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Has anyone played Immortals Fenyx Rising? Looks like it might be a game worth playing, even though it has flown completely under the radar.

Ordered it yesterday while it was still on sale for $29.99 at Gamestop. Price increased $10 there this week but still cheaper than a lot of other sellers. Heard nothing but good things about it. 

I've wanted to play BotW, but no Switch, so no dice. Its weird, I think a developer that copies other developers are doomed (like Bioware copying Destiny...five years after Destiny has been out). However, this was a great idea. Copying a console exclusive and then putting it on all platforms, genius! I wish more companies would do that.

I was actually looking for Pillars of Eternity 2 or Pathfinder: Kingmaker for under $20, can't find it anywhere that cheap for XB. I came across Immortals and watched some videos on it, it looks like a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Anyone played the new Assassins Creed? I’m thinking about buying something else to play other than COD

I would suggest Ghost of Tsushima. Its better than what Assassins Creed has become.  I would also suggest God of War or Witcher 3 if you haven't played either.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I would suggest Ghost of Tsushima. Its better than what Assassins Creed has become.  I would also suggest God of War or Witcher 3 if you haven't played either.

I’m on Xbox dang it 

• Sad 1

So, I mentioned before about wanting to upgrade to a 4K TV. Well yesterday I was being all worked up about last nights game, the GF was like, hey why don't we go ahead and get a new TV and the game can be the first thing we use for it for?

So we went to Best Buy to pick up the Vizio I wanted. After about 2-3 hours in the store and talking her(okay and myself) out of every budget priced 75inch in the store. We finally left with a 65inch LG Nano, that just looked so much better than the Vizio and has all the same next gen stats/tech whatever. I had to google specs in the store because no one in the store even knew what VRR was. It helped the LG was a demo model, so it was cheaper. 

Anyways, finally get home take the old TV down and get the new up at 715pm. TV is mounted crooked, the sound bar doesn't have the right audio cables to connect, and the TV is stuck in store mode. Missed half the first quarter getting the TV out of store mode, finally watched the game on my new crookedly mounted TV with it's stock speakers (sounded pretty good honestly). Hopefully my TV mount has a tilt feature, I'm to this and didn't what to look for last night. 

I hope this is the last TV I have to buy for awhile, man that was a frustrating experience. Now I'm just ready to buy an Xbox Series X. I hope I don't have to wait forever.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn you, I haven't even installed yet. Be bold and take the blind plunge

My backlog has a backlog.  Technically it's funny money anyways (PS credit from surveys)..but I i just picked up Outer Worlds and Immortals Fenix...what to do what to do...

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

My backlog has a backlog.  Technically it's funny money anyways (PS credit from surveys)..but I i just picked up Outer Worlds and Immortals Fenix...what to do what to do...

Hold up.....Hip me to the game!!