Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Not Bethesda, this is a Naughty Dog franchise 

but yeah, it’s pretty special. New game+ on grounded is an even more incredible experience as it more accurately represents the constant fight for survival the game is based on

True, got it twisted in my head..lol. Naughty Dog killed it. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody here ever played any of the Dead Island games???

The review videos I watched about Dead Island did a terrible job explaining what the game was actually like. A lot of people thought it was going to be like Skyrim when it was more like Borderlands. Anyways, I played the **** out of Dead island, put over 100 hours into it and even played some of the sequel. It wasn't the most polished game, but I thought it was fun. I didn't enjoy Dying Light, however.

• Like 2

I enjoyed both the Dead Island and Dying Light games.

Control is free on PS Plus and I've been giving that game a try. At first I didn't think I'd like it, but the game is trippy as **** and the gun play plus destructible environment are fun so far.

It makes me miss games like Max Payne in a way.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, Fresh8686 said:

I enjoyed both the Dead Island and Dying Light games.

Control is free on PS Plus and I've been giving that game a try. At first I didn't think I'd like it, but the game is trippy as **** and the gun play plus destructible environment are fun so far.

It makes me miss games like Max Payne in a way.

Max Payne 1 is one of my all time faves. So stylishly cutting edge, yet dark and macabre. 

Can't believe it's been almost a decade since the last one. Max needs to return.

I played Control and couldn't get into it. Might try again soon.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, NoCalMike said:

Little Nightmares 2 releases next week.........anyone? Bueller? 

I saw Alanah Pearce playing it last night. Looks oddly intriguing.

Side note, I enjoy gaming, but clearly not as much as people like her. To sit down and play games for 8-10 hrs a day as a job/lifestyle, interacting with random groups of people (like 65% comprised of turds and incels)? I'd never touch a console again.

On 2/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, purbeast said:

Gamestop bundle?

This is probably where my fate lies.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Side note, I enjoy gaming, but clearly not as much as people like her. To sit down and play games for 8-10 hrs a day as a job/lifestyle, interacting with random groups of people (like 65% comprised of turds and incels)? I'd never touch a console again.

I really liked the first one.  Reviews on the second one so far are saying it is a good, not great follow up for reasons I don't need to list off here for now.  As far as enjoying gaming?  If I could make a living from gaming on twitch streaming 6-8 hrs every day? I'd do it, but I don't get how people work full-time, and still put in those kinds of hours streaming.   I stream on twitch sometimes and I usually go anywhere from 45-90mins.  For me it is learning how to interact while you are gaming that is the challenge. (Not that I have tons of viewers and people in the chat at any given time hahaha).   I also like to stream drop in/drop out games a lot more than long open world campaign games.  I was streaming Days Gone the other day and I sometimes with those kinds of games, if I haven't played it for awhile I will be lost the first time picking it back up as far as what is going on in the story, what my current mission is, what am I supposed to do, even the controls sometimes.  I have to spend a good hour or so just getting back into the groove of the game.  Where as games like Huntdown, or a Mario game, or something like Little Nightmares, I can turn the game on at any time and you pretty much know what you are doing. 

• Like 1

I'm finally getting around to GTA 4.  I've just killed the second mob boss early in the game, so watch out for giving me spoilers. 

So far so good.  One thing I'm having trouble with (even though its funny to me) is that even with the subtitles on, I can hardly understand the Jamaicans.  They make Bob Marley sound like Barak Obama.

I love sandbox games.  Red Dead is my favorite so far.  Wish there were a bit more random side missions, but whatever.

Sandbox games other than GTA and RDR?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'm finally getting around to GTA 4.  I've just killed the second mob boss early in the game, so watch out for giving me spoilers. 

So far so good.  One thing I'm having trouble with (even though its funny to me) is that even with the subtitles on, I can hardly understand the Jamaicans.  They make Bob Marley sound like Barak Obama.

I love sandbox games.  Red Dead is my favorite so far.  Wish there were a bit more random side missions, but whatever.

I loved GTA4, one of the very first games I bought when I got my 360. Had to have put at least over a 100 hours into that one easy. My only two main gripes with the game were the terrible car physics, if cars worked like that in real life, we'd all be dead. Also, why is it so hard for Niko to just turn around while walking? I wish Rockstar would stop doing that in all of their games.

If you want something similar, I'd recommend the Just Cause series or Saints Row series. Neither one is all that serious, Saints Row had to be developed while on drugs. Just Cause is a lot of fun because they game lets you blow up a lot of stuff and lets you play around with the physics engine. Both series should be rather cheap nowadays as well, they're almost always on sale.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I got it through the GameStop bundle. Got an extra controller and 2k and Spider-Man. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I loved GTA4, one of the very first games I bought when I got my 360. Had to have put at least over a 100 hours into that one easy. My only two main gripes with the game were the terrible car physics, if cars worked like that in real life, we'd all be dead. Also, why is it so hard for Niko to just turn around while walking? I wish Rockstar would stop doing that in all of their games.

If you want something similar, I'd recommend the Just Cause series or Saints Row series. Neither one is all that serious, Saints Row had to be developed while on drugs. Just Cause is a lot of fun because they game lets you blow up a lot of stuff and lets you play around with the physics engine. Both series should be rather cheap nowadays as well, they're almost always on sale.

First Crackdown on Xbox 360 was fantastic too.  That is probably one of my all time favorite sandbox games.  I'm not really a fan of them though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Fallout? Skyrim? Just Cause? Witcher 3?

• Thanks 1