Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone recommend some good R&B bands from the last decade please

Someone who knows more on this topic is going to have to chime in, but "bands" as we know them, have been dying over the last 20 or so years.  There are a few reasons for this.  Firstly, during the piracy wave in the late 90s/early 2000s, the fortunes of the music industry fell by almost half, and have not recovered.  With declining revenues, labels looked towards cutting costs - and one obvious one was labor.   The direction went towards funding individuals, then contracting out the rest of the "band" with studio/session/touring musicians. 

And with all the tech nowadays,  individual band members do not add as much as they used to.  You can lay down adequate bass/drum/guitar/keyboard tracks without even picking up an instrument - its all software.  Maybe once you lay them down, you hand off to a studio musician to tweak a bit and add a little color, and thats it.  

On 10/28/2020 at 1:52 AM, Califan007 said:

Ok, let me just tune my radio to one of those stations...

If you are in Maryland, 92.3 and 95.5 play modern and classic R and B especially late nights, sorry I should have been more specific 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, I'm not in Maryland...and I don't have a radio lol.

However, I should be able to tune into those stations over the interwebs...🤔

The biggest, what just happened?, moment in radio stations in Maryland was the WHFS format change in like 2006 , people are still scratching their heads to this day 

Archived