Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Dallas I

Dallas is so screwed with that team..They keep restructuring players contracts that are ****,such as Lawence,Jaylon smith..That Defense is pathetic and it ain't gonna get better anytime soon...lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Dallas is so screwed with that team..They keep restructuring players contracts that are ****,such as Lawence,Jaylon smith..That Defense is pathetic and it ain't gonna get better anytime soon...lol

Lawrence is a really good player.  He makes that defense go.  Losing Byron Jones hurt them big time.  David Irving being an idiot didn’t help either

What I can't believe (one of many things) about Dallas is that they hired Mike Nolan as their DC. Once I saw that, I was thrilled. The guy they had the past few years was actually very good. Nolan has been horrible throughout most of his career. I'm shocked, frankly, that he keeps finding jobs. While I hate the fact that Snyder gave him the "vanilla" treatment all those years ago, he really is a huge detriment to that team. Which is just awesome. 

• Like 3
Just now, mhd24 said:

Lawrence is a really good player.  He makes that defense go.  Losing Byron Jones hurt them big time.  David Irving being an idiot didn’t help either

No he's not..He had one good year and that was a contract year..He's gonna make 25 mil next year..lol

Given it looks like Landon is well and truly done for the year with an Achilles, I wonder whether Eric Reid might be on his way to DC soon... he's available and we have the cap room to bring him in. About as good as it gets in terms of replacing Collins for little cost, if like me, Rivera vomits in his mouth a little at the thought of Apke starting the rest of the year.

There is the kid on the practice squad too I guess.

This game, we missed out on a td by inches on the first drive, then scored tds on 3 of the next 4 and that was basically all that was needed. Three possessions 2nd half that just ate clock. Can't really complain, defense dominated, offense dominated. Up 22-3 at half, didn't think I'd see that this year no matter who the team was. Great day. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, UKskins said:

Given it looks like Landon is well and truly done for the year with an Achilles, I wonder whether Eric Reid might be on his way to DC soon... he's available and we have the cap room to bring him in. About as good as it gets in terms of replacing Collins for little cost, if like me, Rivera vomits in his mouth a little at the thought of Apke starting the rest of the year.

Yep.  We were all calling Collins a bum and had our pitchforks out, but he made that key strip/sack on Dalton early on to restore our mojo...  he'll go out as a hero in WFT history.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Kamren Curl is on a 7th round rookie contract.  Pretty sure it was him who filled in for the injured Landon Collins.  Curl played some Nickel DB earlier in the season as well.  I like that versatility.

I suggest not sleeping on Curl.  I feel like the coaches are going to start using safeties/linebackers a bit differently with him than with Collins in the lineup.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Kamren Curl is on a 7th round rookie contract.  Pretty sure it was him who filled in for the injured Landon Collins.  Curl played some Nickel DB earlier in the season as well.  I like that versatility.

I suggest not sleeping on Curl.  I feel like the coaches are going to start using safeties/linebackers a bit differently with him than with Collins in the lineup.

Forgot about Curl - be interesting to see if he can step up into a starting role (if given the opportunity) or if Ron decides to call Eric Reid anyway.

4 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Forgot about Curl - be interesting to see if he can step up into a starting role (if given the opportunity) or if Ron decides to call Eric Reid anyway.

I'm sure the tires are going to be kicked on free agents as well.  But probably more of a backup role?  The coaches have given Curl playing time from Game 1 and on, and never brought in other free agents in training camp.  So they must like him.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I'm sure the tires are going to be kicked on free agents as well.  But probably more of a backup role?  The coaches have given Curl playing time from Game 1 and on, and never brought in other free agents in training camp.  So they must like him.

I'm just thinking about the quote Ron threw out a while back, basically saying that if Landon wasn't on the team then he'd have given Reid a call and brought him in, but because we had Landon, we didn't need Reid.

Unrelated point - JD McKissic looks like a good pickup - He's like a less talented, more robust Chris Thompson.

Wow!

I don't remember a more putrid Dallas team than the one I saw today.

Terrible coaching. I never thought Dak was the one holding the entire team together, but after last Monday night's debacle and today's game, it's obvious that there's a worse team in the NFL than us. 

A win is a win.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

as time went on, he never really adapted. And he's never really been a great leader of men.

This. Mccarthy never deviated from his early WCO schemes. Like the Grudens, he is a guy who plays his scheme, not someone who can adapt his system to players' strengths. He is still calling the same plays he did 15 years ago.

Nolan is the Bruce Allen of coaches - a guy who only has an NFL job because his father was a successful coach in the seventies. 

Logan Thomas is developing well. Maybe we got spoiled by how dangerous Cooley and Reed were from the get-go, but after seeing him drop balls in the beginning, this game he was grabbing 50-50 balls and looks solid.

I hope we can lock up Scherff. With him and Roullier the interior holds up, and we haven't been able to draft even a competent OG since.

I love Chase Young - he's a stud, but ..if we had it to do over again, I think maybe we would be further along with Justin Herbert. Young is great, but Herbert is looking like a genuine franchise QB, and we have been searching for one of those since forever.

Kyle Allen reminds me of Chad Pennington after multiple shoulder surgeries. Accurate, but everything is a wounded duck.

• Thanks 1

We officially have two of the worst contracts in the league now with Collins and Alex.  Some bad luck involved, but I can honestly say  I thought they were both horrible decisions in real time.

Why can't teams just fully commit to a three year rebuild?  I'd love for once to see a franchise be totally honest with itself and do nothing but try to accumulate picks for three years, not hand out big money in free agency and churn the roster looking for diamonds in the rough.  

• Like 2