Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Dallas Football Team

Just now, Burgold said:

I’m not the best to analyze it, but I think the D is just incomplete. 

D Line is a B+
Linebackers are a C- (Maybe they’re better with Holcomb)

Defensive backs are a C/C+

Some of JDR's schemes have left me scratching my head a bit. Using Chase Young in coverage today was a strange choice. But certainly our personnel is lacking talent outside of 5-6 guys. Collins has been a liability both on the field and in terms of his cap hit, though he had flashes today.

We're a couple offseasons away from being elite, but even what we have now should put in better showings than they did against the Rams. That was awful. Today was a step in the right direction.

I ain't gonna lie, I enjoyed this one a lot.  Dallas is as bad as they have been in years right now...but it still felt VERY good.  Definitely not too late to make something of this season.    

This game instantly becomes one of the legend games. Holcomb was a warrior, Allen delivered, Collins made a crucial play, Gibson tore them up, knocked out a QB, etc. There are memories and things that will be said about this game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Win was AWESOME, but this more was about Dal@ss being just AWFUL and the WFT taking advantage which they did.  

Dude.  Since when has the Team NOT failed to foul-up a game like this?  Nearly every stinking time.  That's the essence of the Dan Snyder era.  This wasn't about taking advantage, it was about taking care of business in style.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Living in  Atlanta - it's pretty funny as they have no problem in trashing other teams - like our team.  I promise you @skinsmarydu is not feeling sorry for them at all!!  Probably doing cartwheels celebrating their misery...  🙂     Thier fans tend to be a bit arrogant. 

Not quite cartwheels, but most definitely a

IMG_0306.gif

• Haha 3
Just now, GothSkinsFan said:

Dude.  Since when has the Team NOT failed to foul-up a game like this?  Nearly every stinking time.  That's the essence of the Dan Snyder era.  This wasn't about taking advantage, it was about taking care of business in style.

That 4th down hard count encroachment was the most Redskins thing I've ever seen. But it happened to the other team!

Still holding out hope that the Rivera-era of Washington football is marked by competence and respectability. Beating crappy teams is part of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, it’s not wrong. We CAN. It doesn’t mean we WILL, though. 

It’s the same as any of us saying “i can win the lottery!”. Sure, any of us can. We won’t, but we can. 

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether  or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should. - Album on  Imgur

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Always good to see a laughter. Even better when at a division opponent's expense.

Even w/ the injuries, It is rare to see a coaching staff crash as hard as Dallas has. Its like watching a train wreck. I'm enjoying my popcorn tho

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Always good to see a laughter. Even better when at a division opponent's expense.

Even w/ the injuries, It is rare to see a coaching staff crash as hard as Dallas has. Its like watching a train wreck. I'm enjoying my popcorn tho

So true.   Hopefully Dallas keeps McCarthy for a long, long time.  Horrible coaches get recycled in this league several times before people realize what was always blazingly obvious: that the coach was always awful (see, eg. Norv Turner). 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

terrell-owensjpg-342fe5d8010b0d8f.jpg

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That 4th down hard count encroachment was the most Redskins thing I've ever seen. But it happened to the other team!

Still holding out hope that the Rivera-era of Washington football is marked by competence and respectability. Beating crappy teams is part of that.

Think about this:  the Dallas Cowboys have the most-infamous fourth-down failures on both sides of the ball.  "No Danny!  No! &%$#@"

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I’m not the best to analyze it, but I think the D is just incomplete. 

D Line is a B+
Linebackers are a C- (Maybe they’re better with Holcomb)

Defensive backs are a C/C+

I’m a little more generous to the line, but then again, without IO, maybe B+ is fair.

I’d split up the db group - our corners actually look pretty good (Darby - B, Fuller - A, Moreland - C+ give or take), but safety play has been poor (although Collins has done some nice things around the LOS).

I don’t really know what to say about the backers.  Bostic is often incredibly slow to react to covering the flats, KPL has flashed at times, Holcomb had major issues in coverage last year.  Finding some consistency from this group would be huge for the D as a whole.

Speaking of Holcomb, love how he made two big plays in areas he had issues with last year - coverage (although he was gifted the chance for that int) and finishing on a pass rush (helped going against Dalton rather than Dak).  Nice confidence booster for this young man.

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Our division is depleted. What a mess. Allen has enough to be a very solid QB. Will never be great but very serviceable. Could that ever be enough? Doubt it. Must take some comfort from kicking the Pukes arses though.

Reminds me of Kirk Cousins...