Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Dallas Football Team

Today showed what we can do with a great offensive line.

This isn't to say that what we have now is great, or even acceptable, only that they played that way today against a historically awful Dallas defense.

But imagine if we put together an OL that was good enough to play this way every week! Suddenly, Antonio Gibson puts up pro bowl numbers. Kyle Allen is good enough to be a starter. And, most importantly, our defense isn't constantly under threat and can do what they do best.

We set the pace today and it started in the trenches. Do not forget this.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I don't care if we get blown out the rest of the year. Embarrassing the pokes like this makes a rebuilding year worth it. 

Yeah. I’m more talking about—if we do get blown out the entire rest of the year, what are the odds we end up one draft position from a coveted QB or something? lol

Like I said, it was a good win, rooted for it all the way through. Just hope it ends up meaning something and we win a bunch of other games anyways 

• Like 1

Man. I cant think of a more hard luck loss team than the Falcons. They have lost 2 games with double digit leads in the last 2 minutes. And now Stafford drives down and beats them on the last play of the game. Thank god I am not a Falcons fan. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Probably Justin Fields if you feel like dipping into the Ohio State well again.

I will pass on that. 

5 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

This is the best we have played at home in years!

Helps when nobody being allowed in the stadium keeps opposing fans out and gives you some kind of home field advantage. 

Edited by clskinsfan
3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Today showed what we can do with a great offensive line.

This isn't to say that what we have now is great, or even acceptable, only that they played that way today against a historically awful Dallas defense.

But imagine if we put together an OL that was good enough to play this way every week! Suddenly, Antonio Gibson puts up pro bowl numbers. Kyle Allen is good enough to be a starter. And, most importantly, our defense isn't constantly under threat and can do what they do best.

We set the pace today and it started in the trenches. Do not forget this.

Unfortunately, that's as real as it will get. Imagining...

2 minutes ago, Xplosive said:

Unfortunately, that's as real as it will get. Imagining...

It's going to take some time, but if it becomes a draft priority the way it has been on the other side of the ball, it's not a pipe dream. It needs to be a priority now, before we ruin the careers of more young QBs.

Edited by Bacon
Just now, Bacon said:

It's going to take some time, but if it remains a draft priority the way it has been on the other side of the ball, it's not a pipe dream. It needs to be a priority now, before we ruin the careers of more young QBs.

You mean like Haskins?

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Man. I cant think of a more hard luck loss team than the Falcons. They have lost 2 games with double digit leads in the last 2 minutes. And now Stafford drives down and beats them on the last play of the game. Thank god I am not a Falcons fan. 

Living in  Atlanta - it's pretty funny as they have no problem in trashing other teams - like our team.  I promise you @skinsmarydu is not feeling sorry for them at all!!  Probably doing cartwheels celebrating their misery...  🙂     Thier fans tend to be a bit arrogant. 

• Haha 1

The most upsetting part of this season for me hasn't been the QB controversy bull**** but our defense underachieving its potential after a promising start.

However awful Dallas is, seeing our guys absolutely smother them for 4 quarters was awesome.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

after Gurley mistakenly fell into the end zone to score with a minute to play and trailing 16-14. Chip shot kick they win 17-16. Bizarre ending.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Xplosive said:

Has any team gone into the playoffs with a 6-10 or 5-11 record?

No, worst records to make the playoffs were the Seahawks at 7-9 (who beat the Saints in the wildcard game) and the Panthers at 7-8-1 (who beat the Cardinals in the wildcard round).  

Just now, Bacon said:

The most upsetting part of this season for me hasn't been the QB controversy bull**** but our defense underachieving its potential after a promising start.

However awful Dallas is, seeing our guys absolutely smother them for 4 quarters was awesome.

I’m not the best to analyze it, but I think the D is just incomplete. 

D Line is a B+
Linebackers are a C- (Maybe they’re better with Holcomb)

Defensive backs are a C/C+