Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 7: Prediction Thread: Washington Football Team vs. Dallas Football Team. *** OP Updated with Results ***

This is the one regular season game that I look forward to the most; at home to the dirty rotten cowboys. Surely even the tankers among us want to win this one? 

The Dak-less ones are scoring ten-points a game more than us, but are also conceding roughly ten-points more. ESPN's matchup thingy has us almost a 6 to 4 favourite, but the spread is in favour of them by a single point.

It's time to show your fellow ES'ers just how knowledgeable you really are. It's prediction time, ****es.

The Tale of the Tape:

1619810929_Pre-gameStatsWk7Cowboys.jpg.8df9493032a3f7f012b4670d5a47b14f.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Predictions:

There were 35 Nostradamus wannabees this week with 18 “real fans” picking a Washington win and 17 Brokeback mountains who preferred the Cowboys. No one got their Zorn on and predicted a tie.

Once again @Dan T. ran away with the Homer-of-the-Week Award by predicting a magnificent 71-point Washington win, while the Doomsayer-of-the-Week Award goes to @Cooleyfan1993 who shamefully predicted a 32-point loss.

The average of all predictions was narrowly in favour of the cowturds;  Dallas 23.1 – Washington 22.5.

The Results:
Final score Dallas 3 – Washington 25 (lol).

It was a bad week for foretelling the future with no one correctly predicting Washington’s score and only 1 who got the Cowboys’ score right.
This meant that nobody made the perfect prediction, but @rumplestilskin and @Redskins Reparations got the closest with an 8-point difference.

The Table:

1045177899_FinalTableWk7Cowboys.jpg.d9287edeff473ed0d7161e2e0a3c0e37.jpg

The Slightly Embarrassing Petition:
IIRC, Skins Island Connection used to do the weekly prediction thread, adding an informative/entertaining write-up about the upcoming game. Since he hasn’t done it for a while, a few other posters have randomly started it each week.

I like playing with numbers & stats so quite enjoy doing this and would like to start doing it every week. I'll start a new thread each Thursday and then update it on Monday with the results (adjusting for non-Sunday games).

I would imagine that no one really cares one way or the other, but obviously anyone can start a thread and if somebody starts it before me, then so be it, (I’m looking at you @Rdskns2000 🙂
).

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • London Kev changed the title to Week 7: Prediction Thread: Washington Football Team vs. Dallas Football Team.

This will be known as the Dallas get right game. I can see it in week 17, Joe Buck saying..... "The Cowboys turnaround came in week 7 vs Washington and now are in line to win the NFC East"

Dallas 34

Washington 20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dallas by as much as they want. Elliott rushes for 150. They get 2 defensive scores.  We finally score 30 but it’s because of 2 late TDs when it’s basically over.   

Edited by goskins10

I hate to say it but we’ve been a get right game for other teams for a long time. I feel like the cowboys are gonna run over us like the cards did to them. 

31-14 bad guys. 

WFT - 31

Cowboys - 17

Defense gets lots of sacks and creates turnovers. Kyle Allen--for at least this one game--shows the promise he showed at the beginning of 2019. Haskins doubters hold a parade, the "Fire Rivera' crowd goes into hibernation for 2 weeks.

At first I was saying to myself, what interesting way will we find to lose this week?  And then I changed my mind.  I’m picking Washington tomorrow.  Don’t know the score but I’m saying we’ll win by ten.

I don’t know that I’m picking us for any other game this year, yet.  But I’m guessing it’s a win tomorrow.  Who the **** knows?

Football Team tries again to win the game with another 2 pointer gamble but Allen gets sacked 30 yards back.

Fedex no shows - 23

Team with the most fans at Fedex - 24

• London Kev changed the title to Week 7: Prediction Thread: Washington Football Team vs. Dallas Football Team. *** OP Updated with Results ***