Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 New Head Coach/GM Thread

7 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

For those who are increasingly seeing that Ron Rivera is not the answer, this thread is for you. Who do you want as our new head coach or GM next year?

Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen back.  Dan Snyder is unfairly maligned.  Maybe Vinny Cerrato as GM with Bruce Allen as new Team President.  Can Steve Spurrier still coach?  What's Chip Kelly up to?  I think Tebow still has the goods, give him a shot.  Rivera starting to change the culture is bogus, bring back the ol' boys club where you can smack women on the ass like it's the 1950's.  Sexual Harassment isn't a thing.

(This is sarcasm)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
22 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

For those who are increasingly seeing that Ron Rivera is not the answer, this thread is for you. Who do you want as our new head coach or GM next year?

Whomever can help Simba 300 realize his innate greatness, obviously.

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh jeez. Why even humor those people that think rivera “clearly isn’t the answer”? Come the **** on. 

I think it would be a good idea to keep them all corralled in here. Like when we had the Cult of Colt thread, it was a quarantine for the board. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You can't fire the coach after one year. It sends a message to other decent potential coach's to stay away. Didn't like the hire myself. Rivera used to be good, but had lost a step lately with Carolina. I can deal with another year.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think it would be a good idea to keep them all corralled in here. Like when we had the Cult of Colt thread, it was a quarantine for the board. 

Only problem is, the only people in this thread are the ones who do NOT want Rivera fired lol...we’ve invaded what should be their safe space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have serious doubts about Rivera. But considering what he's dealing with, I'm willing to give him a pass this season. 

I don't think his true coaching prowess can be accurately judged until:

1. He gets healthy.

2. We have a new owner.

If 1 happens and 2 doesn't, makes no difference who we bring in here. Surely that's been made evident by now. 

This is dumb.  You give him the stick and you let him carry it at least long enough to overhaul his roster.  You have to.  Our team and culture were rotten...not close...rotten.  It doesn’t change overnight with a coach.  It can however change overnight with the right QB

This thread should really be...QB 21...who is it?...bc he ain’t on the roster right now.  And if we don’t finish dead last, it may just end up being?.....see?..,this is much more productive.  :)

• Like 1

Actually, one eventuality we should be prepared for is who will coach if Rivera's health forces him to retire. Do we really want Jack Del Rio for four years?

No matter how badly Rivera does over the next couple years, Dan won't fire him because money is getting too tight. One key component to minority owners wanting out was he didn't pay them a dividend this year as the specter of an empty stadium surfaced. After two decades of gouging a once devout fan base whilst delivering a pathetic product, the revenue streams are getting thinner.

• Like 1

To kind of play along with the thread... but not really... I’m curious what happens with Turner this off season and if Rivera goes for a Del Rio type on offense.