Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to unload players for picks...

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Would you trade McLaurin for a 1st rounder at the deadline...yes or no?

Depends on which team. Assuming we're talking a 2021 first rounder, I'd say yes to the Jets. Or the Jags. But most teams I'd say no. Not taking a late first for McLaurin

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Would you trade McLaurin for a 1st rounder at the deadline...yes or no?

No..We know what we got in McLaurin and you don't know what you are getting with a draft pick..Plus he is on a cheap rookie deal

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. You’d need to replace him. He’s on a rookie deal.

8 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Depends on which team. Assuming we're talking a 2021 first rounder, I'd say yes to the Jets. Or the Jags. But most teams I'd say no. Not taking a late first for McLaurin

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

No..We know what we got in McLaurin and you don't know what you are getting with a draft pick..Plus he is on a cheap rookie deal

The trade would be to a contender, for the stretch run.

So let’s say this...Would you trade Terry to the Colts for their 1st, 4th and young Guard?

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

So let’s say this...Would you trade Terry to the Colts for their 1st, 4th and young Guard?

No..McLaurin is young and a piece to build around..Why get rid of your only weapon on a rookie contract for an unknown?

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Quentin Nelson? ZERO shot they do that trade.

Other than McLaurin and Young, I'd listen to offers on anybody.

You can't rebuild from scratch, though, unlike the NBA. They'll have to evolve the roster over time around a few core pieces (including a new QB). They need to trade down more in the lower rounds to get more picks 

Put Kerrigan on the block for sure. I love Kerrigan, but he deserves so much more than this ****ty team. If a team like Baltimore, KC, Tampa, Seattle, etc. try and get a 3rd. They're banking on it being late since they're contending so try and argue it has 3/4 value.

I'd look at trading Ryan Anderson too, but doubt we'll get anything higher than a 5th for him.

Outside of that, I don't see much trade value on the team that aren't "build around" pieces. Sweat, Young, McLaurin, Gibson, and Allen/Payne are your building blocks.

If we can trade Kerrigan for a 3rd, we'd have a 1st, 2nd, and three 3rd rounders to rebuild with in the upcoming draft. Plus a bevy of cap space.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’d see if I could dupe anybody into trading for Collins, 

Unfortunately Washington can’t trade with itself 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

No his value is too high to the franchise to offload, all considered. Terry reminds me a lot of diggs 

15 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Do we do the unthinkable and let Tress Way go?  This may be the Herschel Walker super-trade Part two.

:)

I've been reading about Seth McFarlane (Kerrigan) and another D-lineman on the block...

Who should we trade away?

Picks for what year? Outside the top five 1st round picks 2021 picks will be significantly less valuable than normal years.

11 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

With college football the way it is this year, this is a good year to stockpile picks in rounds 2-4.

I disagree I'd say rounds 4-7. ( even those will be more of a dart throw that normal and 1-3s will be less valuable than the norm).

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

You can't get rid of Tress Way...

I mean think about it...our whole team is built around him....

Think about it...you know I'm right ;)

Edited by Xameil
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Some of you think Ryan Anderson has trade value? I didn’t have any hopes for him this year for us let alone another team...

7 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

The irony of this thread is that the football team couldn't get any picks for its players

At least the ones we can part with. We start trading guys like Young and McLaurin and we set our already long rebuild back another 2 years :ols:

• Thanks 1

The team needs good, young football players. What should we do to get good young football players? Trade our good young football players. Yeah. Totally.

LMAO, gtfo with this "trade McLauren, Young, Payne, Ion" garbage. I swear, half the fans that haven't left have Stockholm Syndrome. You fear and hate being an awful team so much that you suggest the way to improve our team is to TRADE OUR BEST. ROOKIE. CONTRACT. PLAYERS.

If I turn rabid and start saying "trade McLauren" in anything but the most bitter, mocking tone I can muster, someone tell Jimmy to get the shotgun and lead me behind the shed. I don't want to live anymore if that's what it comes to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some of you think Ryan Anderson has trade value? I didn’t have any hopes for him this year for us let alone another team...

At least the ones we can part with. We start trading guys like Young and McLaurin and we set our already long rebuild back another 2 years :ols:

I heard reports some teams called about Ryan after the draft and even before final cuts.  So yeah I think he has value.   Probably a day 3 pick.  Granted the season's about half way over and he's a FA after the season so teams might not be as interested as they were a couple months ago.

Edited by drowland