Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to unload players for picks...

Do we do the unthinkable and let Tress Way go?  This may be the Herschel Walker super-trade Part two.

:)

I've been reading about Seth McFarlane (Kerrigan) and another D-lineman on the block...

Who should we trade away?

Absolutely trade Kerrigan if we can. He has no future here and isn't really producing anyway. Deal him to a contender and give him a shot at a ring.

I'd look to trade Scherff too. I don't think he's worth mega bucks. I could see the Ravens wanting him, I believe they have some OL issues this year. I'd trade Moses too but I'm not sure what the cap implications are(I actually think Moses is okay but we might as well unload expensive vets).

I'd trade Kerrigan and Ryan Anderson for sure.  They have 6 DEs on the roster right now so someone should be on the move.  I'd like to see what Toohill and Smith-Williams look like out there on the field.  

Besides those two I'd love to move Collins but his contract makes him untradeable.  Haskins they're probably better off waiting for the off-season.  If Love could ever get on the field I'd trade Barber.  

The only players I wouldn't trade right now are McLaurin, Gibson, Young and Sweat.  

Edited by drowland
8 minutes ago, drowland said:

I'd trade Kerrigan and Ryan Anderson for sure.  They have 6 DEs on the roster right now so someone should be on the move.  I'd like to see what Toohill and Smith-Williams look like out there on the field.  

Besides those two I'd love to move Collins but his contract makes him untradeable.  Haskins they're probably better off waiting for the off-season.  If Love could ever get on the field I'd trade Barber.  

The only players I wouldn't trade right now are McLaurin, Gibson, Young and Sweat.  

Barber's got no trade value.  He didn't get much run in the free agent market and came here for pennies to compete to be the 4th RB.  And he's done basically nothing this year to spur any demand.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

I’d see if I could dupe anybody into trading for Collins, and even offer to pick up part of his future salary if they can dump it into this years cap.  

Im not sure exactly how that would work, but the idea would be just to get him off the roster and get as much cap relief as possible.  Even if we have to eat some of it, getting out of the contract ASAP would be helpful.  

Most of our guys have no trade value.

I think some guys that would get any action are: McLaurin, Young, Sweat, Payne, Allen, maybe Gibson. I'm not even sure Haskins fetches a draft pick. 

• Like 3
Just now, KDawg said:

Most of our guys have no trade value.

I think some guys that would get any action are: McLaurin, Young, Sweat, Payne, Allen, maybe Gibson. I'm not even sure Haskins fetches a draft pick. 

IO has value as well IMO. 

22 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Barber's got no trade value.  He didn't get much run in the free agent market and came here for pennies to compete to be the 4th RB.  And he's done basically nothing this year to spur any demand.

Well if the Bucs have any injuries at RB maybe they'd send a 7th Rd pick for him.  

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Young, Sweat and Payne are not available. EVERYONE else is. And I would let them all go for under value. Get as many picks as possible and take your shots. 

Young, Sweat & Payne!  I can dig me some YS&P.  You've made me so very happy.

• Haha 1

Untouchables: sweat, young, mclaurin.  Payne pretty close to untouchable, needs to be an offer we couldn't refuse.  

I'd like to see kerrigan get a shot at a title. 

Don't think we can expect much of a return from anyone we have.  

Such a strange feeling watching the game today, as a win could vault us into a potential tie for first place (with cowboys loss), but a loss could vault us into tie for first overall pick (with eventual jets loss which didn't end up happening).  We are so close to both ends of the spectrum right now.  But man we are terrible.  I hate to write off a season when we are 1 game out of first, but with how terrible we look, I am so close to tank for trevor mode.

Not sure who has much trade value on this team besides the obvious players you wouldn't trade (e.g. Chase Young, Terry McLaurin, etc...), but I'd at least explore the options. Ryan Kerrigan is the one guy who might actually bring something decent back.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Would you trade McLaurin for a 1st rounder at the deadline...yes or no?

No. You’d need to replace him. He’s on a rookie deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1