Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d say more like semi than hard :ols:

It was never close.

Two different reports on it.  A first and third.  Another report was a first and third and a player.   Not sure now much harder they needed to swing?  From on this thread from what I recall, a first and change was considered very aggressive of the ones like myself who pushed it.  Some thought it was too much here.  Some NFL insiders were surprised the Rams went that crazy with their offer.  

I might have been the biggest cheerleader here as for going after Stafford but even I didn't anticipate two first rounders and change for the dude.    Stafford IMO is a 8-12 range type QB.  Really good player.  Not elite.  IMO Rivera offered fair value for Stafford.  He's not in the same conversation obviously with a Rodgers, Watson, Wilson.   

Washington made the Lions a significant offer for QB
Matthew Stafford, per sources. One person familiar with the situation said the WFT offer included more immediate help than what Lions landed. Detroit went another way. The search for a QB rolls on.

— Ben Standig (@BenStandig) January 31, 2021

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m genuinely looking forward to Fitz on this team. He could easily be our Mark the Ryper for a few years. 
this is stupid but I think Rodgers is being a whiny baby and I’m kind of serious when I say I would rather have Fitz than him right now… and definitely would rather have Fitz when you think about the trade and $ associated w Rodgers. 

I wanted the trade for Stafford, would have fully supported that. Also really liked Mariota, but I am pumped to see this team with Fitz 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I’m genuinely looking forward to Fitz on this team. He could easily be our Mark the Ryper for a few years. 
this is stupid but I think Rodgers is being a whiny baby and I’m kind of serious when I say I would rather have Fitz than him right now… and definitely would rather have Fitz when you think about the trade and $ associated w Rodgers. 

I wanted the trade for Stafford, would have fully supported that. Also really liked Mariota, but I am pumped to see this team with Fitz 

I’d disagree on Rodgers, as in I’d go all in with picks to get him. That aside, I think Fitz is a good alternative, really like the fact we got him. Also wanted Stafford, Mariota, or Carr for that matter.

Quite a few similar options may be available next year. Could see several of the same QBs up for discussion.

Could be like Groundhog Day around here :ols:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fitz was my top FA want.  Mariotta my top want if they went younger in a trade, etc.

It should be an interesting ride.  I've been on the bandwagon of we need to get a QB.    However, especially once they signed Fitz, I became much more relaxed about it and felt fine to punt this until next year if so they choose.   

I do get the skepticism some have about Fitz.  Personally I wouldn't bet the mortgage on him.  But conversely I wouldn't bet the mortgage against him either.  I think he's a top 12-16 type QB if he continues to play the way he's playing.  Yeah you will get more picks with him.  But also more yards per attempt, more TDs, more production. 

It wouldn't shock me at all if he puts up a good season and the talk here in the off season is lets bring him back.  I definitely lean optimistic about Fitz.   I'd add if he plays well, which I predict he will, he will quickly become a fan favorite.  Like I've said before, he has semi-cult hero status with some Dolphin fans.  The narrative among the Dolphin fans I know isn't good riddance but instead some concern that its Tua without Fitz. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d disagree on Rodgers, as in I’d go all in with picks to get him. That aside, I think Fitz is a good alternative, really like the fact we got him. Also wanted Stafford, Mariota, or Carr for that matter.

It's stupid, I know... I know A Rodgers is top 5 (maybe 3) elite, I watched him dismantle our D in the playoffs a few years ago. But something about his wanting to leave one of the most esteemed franchises ever and his attitude irk me. Something about Fitz's demeanor and attitude seem like the perfect fit for what this team is/could become. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Drew breeze comes.out of retirement and signs before training camp.. bolllllllld predictions..

Where did this come from Tater? Have you read or heard something? Just wondering 

Almost every good QB is a diva/jerk or comes w/ baggage. The ones that don't are 99% of the time young guns, who will probably change w/ time. Honestly, that does not scare me when trying to trade for a veteran QB since they have already proven they belong in the NFL. They all get pouty and self absorbed after a while. It pretty much feels par for the course and the nature of the position. Just can't come into the NFL w/ that mindset is all.

Rodgers - Jerk

Brady - Jerk

Rivers - Big Jerk

Wilson -Jerking his team

Watson - Airport Luggage

Wentz - Mega Jerk

Mayfield - Omega Jerk

Stafford  - was nice about it but still got the F outta D-town

Cousins - Jerk

If you want a good veteran QB it will be hard to get a non-diva

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Almost every good QB is a diva/jerk or comes w/ baggage. The ones that don't are 99% of the time young guns, who will probably change w/ time. Honestly, that does not scare me when trying to trade for a veteran QB since they have already proven they belong in the NFL. They all get pouty and self absorbed after a while. It pretty much feels par for the course and the nature of the position. Just can't come into the NFL w/ that mindset is all.

Rodgers - Jerk

Brady - Jerk

Rivers - Big Jerk

Wilson -Jerking his team

Watson - Airport Luggage

Wentz - Mega Jerk

Mayfield - Omega Jerk

Cousins - Jerk

Respect of teammates trumps all. Not all those guys have that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Rodgers - Jerk

Brady - Jerk

Rivers - Big Jerk

Wilson -Jerking his team

Watson - Airport Luggage

Wentz - Mega Jerk

Mayfield - Omega Jerk

Cousins - Jerk

AnotherDisfiguredJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Rodgers - Jerk

Brady - Jerk

Rivers - Big Jerk

Wilson -Jerking his team

Watson - Airport Luggage Pays for Jerks

Wentz - Mega Jerk

Mayfield - Omega Jerk

Cousins - Jerk

One minor correction

Regarding Wilson, I don't really finding him jerking his team that much. They have not done a great job getting protection for him....I know, he holds the ball too long but still, I give him a pass on the jerk. The others deserve it. You can add Big Ben to that list too

• Haha 9

26 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I give him a pass on the jerk

If anything that walter payton award gives him immunity. Solid proof that you can hold in your hands

But no, he's jerk'n em. SEA brings in impact players like Adams and sold out hard to build their roster. They take massive risks with red flag players that come cheap like Josh Gordan, Dunbar n Aldon Smith. These dudes have been throwing the kitchen sink at their problems and selling all of their time shares. As a result they went into the previous draft with only 3 picks. It is difficult to wheel and deal harder than what SEA has been doing, but any great QB want's their team to trade their next 5 #1s to get them more support now.

Its not like SEAs FO has been sitting on their hands, they are just running low on ammo. But like any elite QB, Russ wants more.

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Drew breeze comes.out of retirement and signs before training camp.. bolllllllld predictions..

You want even bolder perdition: The pigs will fly. 

Brees had the option to go to another team like Manning did and win another SB but he decided to retire instead. He is not going to come back. 

If Rodgers is okay coming here then we kinda need to go after him. I’d prefer trading up for a 2022 QB (just as I preferred trading up for Fields this year).

1) I like the class for next year assuming a solid group comes out (Howell, Rattler, Mertz, Willis, Jayden Daniels). 

2) Rookie contracts and all

But, well, you can’t guarantee they all come out and the class is deep and you can’t guarantee your trade gets it done. You can’t pass on a top 3 QB for two firsts and some change...

But let’s also stress the qualifier... IF Rodgers wants to come here. All signs point to him not wanting to. Trading for a guy who doesn’t want to be here is such a waste of resources it’s alarming. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

Here's my 2c, yes we suck at getting QBs, yes we're the poster child for WTF? trades, yes we've tried to squeeze one more season out of empty tubes of toothpaste, and yes we've done it over and over to the point where no one expects anything else from us.

But we have genuinely different management calling the shots. TheDan is tied down by lawyers and Ron is trying to build a longterm plan, I know how hard it is to hope but dammit this really does feel different.

Getting Watson comes with major baggage, and RR's hiring/promoting women in his staff is held as a point against it, but at the same time it is an opportunity to put the kid in a situation where his character and behavior are required as much as his football skills. I could see that possibility, and somewhat more likely than a megadeal for Rodgers who is set in his ways and kind of a dick about it. If anything DW would have to be concerned because it would be bootcamp for him, he wouldn't be getting away with anything. Ron prides himself on coaching up players and also coaching up young men, if Watson genuinely wanted a chance to keep playing, accepting the responsibility for himself and growing ought to be part of the deal. Ron is exactly the guy I'd want doing the job.

But I am entirely content to let this staff call the shot, I am feeling better about decisions being made now than I have been for a long time.

• Like 3

So Galdi had on Logan Paulsen yesterday on his podcast (and its worth a listen, both that episode and the podcast in general, probably the best of the podcasts out locally) but he spoke to the high that we all have for Heinicke. He said we saw him at his best, but haven't gone through the ups and downs with him and mentioned some of his downs from Carolina. Given there aren't many downs (he wasn't given much of a chance) but he did have the 3 interception Atlanta game. And no matter how much we can say that they weren't his fault and it was a learning experience, if he made those passes here, we'd be ready to bench him and all the hype would be gone. Maybe he wouldn't be called a bust or a bad QB, but he'd be teetering towards that Jason Campbell type QB whereas Fitzpatrick has the possibility of Cousins or better. 

• Thanks 1