Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

I understand wanting to play in NY, and that he may think denver has a lot of talent and are a qb away from potentially making a run, but he would rather go to the raiders over us?   Really?  Or are the raiders like we used to be: the team that every agent says is in the running to drive up interest in their client.   Bc I don't see the raiders having a rosier outlook than us.  Of course the raiders dont have dan snyder, so it could be as simple as that.

51 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I call BS and misdirection, why would he want to go to LV?  He’ll be would be playing from behind with how terrible the LV D is.

Location wise LV makes sense.  He lives in SoCal, is engaged to a Hollywood actress and wants to continue hosting Jeopardy.  Vegas is a quick flight away or even a quick drive.  As for wanting to go to a division with Mahomes, would probably have better odds going to another SB in the NFC.  

Edited by drowland

Man we cannot take our eyes off this.
This team would be absolutely perfect for Aaron Rodgers. Are you kidding me

Rodgers, Mclaurin, Samuels, Gibson, Brown, Thomas, Humphries, McKissic, and Gates (his new Tonyan, lol)..

on top of that THIS D?! Dude. Come on A Aron, come to DC...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When the offseason began, my 3 preferences were tyrod, mariota, and fitz.  They all are FA next offseason, so I look forward to hoping we sign one of them all over again!  Unless of course, TH gets a shot and proves the TB game was no fluke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Man we cannot take our eyes off this.
This team would be absolutely perfect for Aaron Rodgers. Are you kidding me

Rodgers, Mclaurin, Samuels, Gibson, Brown, Thomas, Humphries, McKissic, and Gates (his new Tonyan, lol)..

on top of that THIS D?! Dude. Come on A Aron, come to DC...

It’s bizarre we are not a top destination now with out D and upgrades on offense.  I guess our reputation is holding us back?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Washington is still second fiddle to the Giants. 

That's an interesting list.

So a random twitter dude and Mike Fluoride both have their own personal lists of Aaron Rodgers' personal list. I am on pins and needles.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Folks we are not on it.  Don't get your hopes up.  It's like playing the lottery and the odds he gets traded to DC.  Interesting story to follow, I get it.  

Jeez, it feels like we won’t ever be on any star QBs preferred list of teams to go to. Even when we improve the offense and defense. Feels kinda disrespectful actually. **** Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jeez, it feels like we won’t ever be on any star QBs preferred list of teams to go to. Even when we improve the offense and defense. Feels kinda disrespectful actually. **** Rodgers. 

Mans at the end of his career.  He wants a chance to win one more SB.  He wanted to player closer to home and SF gave him the opportunity for both.  Denver is closer to CA too.  NY.  They pulled that one out of RF somewhere. 

44 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

It’s bizarre we are not a top destination now with out D and upgrades on offense.  I guess our reputation is holding us back?

Yeah something gives him pause with us.
My first guess is he sees a realistic chance at a championship but would never give that satisfaction to a smarmy owner like Danny boy. 

He could also harbor some hidden hate for us because he was bullied by a Skins fan as a kid, lol. Or it’s his family’s favorite team.  Lol. 
or there are other preferred choices. 

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

No, no! That's not what I meant! What's the better team, the NYG current roster plus Aaron Rodgers, or the WFT current roster plus Aaron Rodgers?

Oh! I think its us, Giants probably have a top 10 defense but it isn't going to be a top 3-5 D like ours. Offense is a wash IMO. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

On the two QBs we were rumored to have interest in Mills/Trask.

I liked but not loved Mills.  I didn't see Trask as anything more than a backup.  time will tell.

I noticed the Athletic beat writers for both teams didn't love either pick.  Ledyard who is one of my favorite draft anaylists and covers Tampa didn't love it either.

I did want Fields.  But got the sense from a Keim podcast they liked Fields but not loved him to the extent they were willing to give up big draft capital for him.  I get the sense if they loved him they would have and all hands are on deck to get that guy next year and that guy will probably be a veteran. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 6.22.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 6.22.50 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On the two QBs we were rumored to have interest in Mills/Trask.

I liked but not loved Mills.  I didn't see Trask as anything more than a backup.  time will tell.

I noticed the Athletic beat writers for both teams didn't love either pick.  Ledyard who is one of my favorite draft anaylists and covers Tampa didn't love it either.

Ledyard is right, Trask was graded a 4th rounder on most boards and had lots of questions. I was thrilled he went so early, it meant WFT wasn't going to reach for him in the 3rd.

Mills injury history made him a high risk guy, and I am not into that either so happy we didn't reach at him either.

• Like 1